Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374853 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18270 on: November 09, 2016, 10:29:54 pm »

The devs stopped working on the game a while ago.
Yeah, that's what I heard.

Know this was a few pages back, but check out DEADBOLT if you liked Risk of Rain. never felt more like a badass assassin then when playing.

EDIT: You'll die a lot.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18271 on: November 10, 2016, 02:04:03 am »

Deadbolt's been on mah wishlist for a while now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18272 on: November 11, 2016, 05:35:08 am »

Nitori Kawashiro got me. It turns out her shotgun attack during her first spell card changes its angle on the last shot... sometimes. So even if you're safe from the rest of the attack, the last shot can get you... sometimes. I swear that wasn't the case before, I've gotten past her a few times pretty recently and I don't remember that being a thing.

Nitori's my favorite boss I've seen in Touhou so far, thematically if not for the actual patterns or the music. I love that she sneaks up on you with optic camo... after you've already seen her.

TH10: Mountain of Faith.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18273 on: November 11, 2016, 09:19:41 am »

Ooh, I really need to play that one then.  I've always said Nitori's best Touhou, but I based on that one webcomic about mushrooms instead of an actual game appearance.
I love gadgeteers who hold their own in high-magic settings.  Like in Spoony's The Jedi Hunter!

On topic...  In engineering, hallways full of radiation leaks.  Rushed into a room for shelter, blundered into a security camera.  I was being very frugal with meds, and some of the mutants had shotguns.
HOWEVER, I managed to slap the nano-restoration-unit before they got me.  I emerged mere seconds after my death, the mutants wandering away with their backs toward me.  I charged them with my wrench.  I got two of them

System Shock 2 - where you do have to pay a small but initially significant fee every time you respawn.  Having spent almost all my nanites on psy hypos recently, I nearly found out what happens if you can't pay...  Not quite though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18274 on: November 11, 2016, 07:25:47 pm »

Swarmed by Monarch Butterflies

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18275 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:10 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18276 on: November 11, 2016, 10:30:31 pm »

Ooh, I really need to play that one then.  I've always said Nitori's best Touhou, but I based on that one webcomic about mushrooms instead of an actual game appearance.
I love gadgeteers who hold their own in high-magic settings.  Like in Spoony's The Jedi Hunter!

That video opens with a cover of The Bard's Song so Spoony gets a free subscribe. I love Blind Guardian and anybody else who does is automatically alright in my book. :P
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18277 on: November 11, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »

Off-topic, have you seen the version with a cat exploring a forest?

On-topic, this stupid puzzle level apparently expects me to kill a wyvern with a level 1 castle and fireball.  And reflect, but that's super expensive, and wyverns maaaay be immune to their reflected fireballs?  So it's basically a temporary invincibility.

The wyvern killed me a few times, until it happened across me at my castle and killed us both.
Magic Carpet 1
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18278 on: November 12, 2016, 06:26:38 am »

Because I came at the Sundered Towers from the wrong side, I managed to stealth-archer about 20 Forsworn. It was really fun, and made me wish that there was a game that played exactly like Skyrim but was only about stealth archery.

After I'd killed all the Forsworn I could see from the top of the hill, I began looting the camp from top to bottom. It just happens to turn out, I'd missed a Forsworn sleeping in a tent. That one was a Pillager. After my careful stealthy assassination of all her compatriots, I thought I'd be able to just charge her and wipe her out with melee attacks. I died very quickly, riddled with glacial spikes.

Skyrim.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18279 on: November 12, 2016, 05:59:31 pm »

I forgot the number one rule for post apocalyptic survival: never drink from the shitter.
Unless you have water purifiers.
Cataclysm DDA

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18280 on: November 12, 2016, 08:17:28 pm »

Its almost night but i need to collect more wood....ehh, I'll be fine. Wait. Why's the sky red...shit. SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Bloodmoon shenanigans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18281 on: November 12, 2016, 09:03:58 pm »

Was expecting Terraria, tbh.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18282 on: November 12, 2016, 09:07:27 pm »

Playing Touhou while thinking about other things is not conducive to actually beating the game. I've ran into so many slow-moving, easily avoidable bullets just because I was spacing out. So aggravating but ultimately my own fault.

Even more insulting is that the last one to get me was Cirno's laser attack, which is the only attack of hers that never hits me.

TH06: EOSD.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18283 on: November 13, 2016, 10:04:32 am »

Nitori Kawashiro got me. It turns out her shotgun attack during her first spell card changes its angle on the last shot... sometimes. So even if you're safe from the rest of the attack, the last shot can get you... sometimes. I swear that wasn't the case before, I've gotten past her a few times pretty recently and I don't remember that being a thing.

Nitori's my favorite boss I've seen in Touhou so far, thematically if not for the actual patterns or the music. I love that she sneaks up on you with optic camo... after you've already seen her.

TH10: Mountain of Faith.
Follow-up, I did check this out and...  Jeezum crow O_o  I may be rusty, but I'm pretty sure this is a lot harder than 7 (the only other one I played).  It did get easier once I figured out the new bomb system though.  Here, it drains your attack power...  which means you can bomb more often, but your normal attack gets weaker until you collect replacement powerups.

Also this is *probably* just me adjusting, but it feels like the "threshold between life and death" is practically gone!  That time after you get hit, where you can use a bomb and survive.  Particularly since I'm playing Reimu, who had extra time in 7.

Long story short I restarted the first chapter about 10 times until I felt like I had the hang of things.  Nitori fight was GREAT!  I sang along to these lyrics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgYxe6oNJKU
I just managed to survive, only because she gave me an extra life in the first stage (:

Then a Tengu "went easy on me" and I ded
Though apparently I was taking too long (bombed away my attack power), the timer was counting down... actually showed 00 when I died.  IIRC, that would have ended the fight in victory Dx

Touhou 10:  Mountain of Faith
She/they

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18284 on: November 13, 2016, 10:46:32 am »

I haven't played any of them other than Lotus Land Story, Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and Mountain of Faith. Mountain of Faith is a cakewalk compared to Scarlet Devil IMO, just comparing the bosses. I've never made it past Stage 4 of either, but in MOF it's much easier to get there.

I've never pulled off a counter-bomb in MOF, but then I've only done it twice in EOSD.

MOF-specific hint: Keeping your faith high gets you a much better score. Hitting enemies and grabbing items keeps your faith from going down, and the green powerups directly increase your faith. The counter's in the bottom-left of the play field, as well as the timer until it starts dropping. If you keep your faith high, you'll have one extra life by the end of Stage 2.

Then there's a five-second long dead spot at the beginning of Stage 3, so you just lose 5000ish faith no matter what you do. But that's life. :P
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 1575