Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374674 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18210 on: October 25, 2016, 07:28:59 pm »

After trading base raids with the Gungans, and especially figuring how to counter their bullshit Fambaa Shield Generators(hint: Grenadiers and artillery, en masse), I start to go on an offensive. A start building a forward Fortress, and corrupt one of their workers to help with it. Meanwhile, I bring in an Air Cruiser to support my droid offensive. Before it's even half done, they start counter-attacking, and I notice they have an Air Cruiser as well. I start flinging artillery, when BOOM, most of my army is gone in a flash. A few more of those, and I notice it's the Gungan Air Cruiser. My Cruiser isn't even really doing anything, it's just sorta going "meh". The only thing that survived more than two blasts was the shielded Droidekas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: October 26, 2016, 01:04:22 am »

I found two pirates. They must have been super pirates or something, because they killed me without taking a scratch. This game doesn't have the best conveyance, especially during combat. It doesn't help that the game only seems to render half of a sword's actual length.

TES Adventures: Redguard.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: October 26, 2016, 10:44:41 pm »

Tenshi is just kicking my ass. Even with Youmu tanking all the Swords of Hisan and two dedicated healers keeping her up while Kaguya whales on the boss, there's just too much entropy. Its a pretty long fight with only one damage dealer and one mispress can get Youmu or Kaguya killed, the latter of which is a straight game over. As long as I make no mistakes though, I'm fine. So I've been retrying the fight whenever I have ~45 minuts or so to waste. So far I'm on my fourth serious try. Maybe this time...

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:26 pm »

After a decently easy boss, the game threw another boss at me right afterwords.  This one was significantly harder, with one of the two opponents being able to do upwards of half my health.  Fighting multiple enemies in this game is kind of a pain in the ass.

Tales of Smyphonia

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #18214 on: October 27, 2016, 12:14:07 am »

Alas, rank fourteen actually has decent players. RIP glorious face hunter killing spree, nerfed too soon.

Hearthstone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: October 27, 2016, 06:52:49 am »

I was in my house, and I realised that I had no food. I went oit into the night, killed a chicken, killed a cow, saw a creeper, didn't get away in time, r.i.p me and one horse.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: October 27, 2016, 07:49:53 am »

I was in my house, and I realised that I had no food. I went oit into the night, killed a chicken, killed a cow, saw a creeper, didn't get away in time, r.i.p me and one horse.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: October 27, 2016, 08:02:36 am »

while i didn't technically die, and actually managed to escape without losing any land...

spain (castille, technically) secured unions with aragon and portugal, inheriting the union with naples in the process, and eventually integrated them all, causing them to be the strongest power in the world by an absolutely ludicrous margin

i only declared war because the game was about to end and i wanted an easy way to see just how much land was under spain's control

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: October 27, 2016, 01:00:12 pm »

After getting some money , i hired a gangster as a protection with it then entered a store.

The shopkeeper ran to us and ordered us to get the hell out of there, i punched him in the face.
A guy with a baseball bat then rushed from the back of the store and played baseball with our heads after killing the shopkeeper in a horrible "friendly bat" strike.

I should really have used my healing items before getting into that store :D

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: October 27, 2016, 01:12:00 pm »

Shot in the dark: Minecraft.
*skeleton snipes Ispil*

Yeah, looks like.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: October 27, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »

After getting some money , i hired a gangster as a protection with it then entered a store.

The shopkeeper ran to us and ordered us to get the hell out of there, i punched him in the face.
A guy with a baseball bat then rushed from the back of the store and played baseball with our heads after killing the shopkeeper in a horrible "friendly bat" strike.

I should really have used my healing items before getting into that store :D

The key's F to heal, but you probably already know that :P
What class were you playing as?

Also, remember that the guys with suits and sunglasses are "Goons" who will fight alongside the shopkeeper.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: October 28, 2016, 12:42:36 am »

Not a death, per se... but I just discovered that running over items made of glass apparently obliterates them. Any glass objects in the way of a vehicle simply poof out of existence. There's no message to indicate this has happened, and no other items in the game work the same way (all other items get run over with no apparent damage), so I just assumed that moving my car around near my materials was safe.

I just wish I hadn't discovered this with a stack of 6 reinforced solar panels that I was preparing to mount on said car. And then again with my reserve solar panels as I tried to figure out what had happened  :'(

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: October 28, 2016, 01:45:59 am »

Shot in the dark: Minecraft.
Yes. Sorry, forgot to say the name of the game. Dummy.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: October 28, 2016, 03:03:08 am »

The key's F to heal, but you probably already know that :P
What class were you playing as?

Also, remember that the guys with suits and sunglasses are "Goons" who will fight alongside the shopkeeper.

Was playing a thief character (and why the shopkeeper wasn't that happy to see my team coming in :D
Didn't noticed the F key was for the healing item, thanks as it's much less painfull than having to bring out my inventory and find the healing items.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: October 28, 2016, 04:33:23 am »

Not a death, per se... but I just discovered that running over items made of glass apparently obliterates them. Any glass objects in the way of a vehicle simply poof out of existence. There's no message to indicate this has happened, and no other items in the game work the same way (all other items get run over with no apparent damage), so I just assumed that moving my car around near my materials was safe.

I just wish I hadn't discovered this with a stack of 6 reinforced solar panels that I was preparing to mount on said car. And then again with my reserve solar panels as I tried to figure out what had happened  :'(

Actually, items other than glass *do* take damage when running over them. I've driven over a field only to find damaged rocks afterwards. Glass items are just so weak that running over them is enough to annihilate them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1575