Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373979 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17970 on: September 16, 2016, 09:58:32 pm »

I know that feel man. Those small monsters that go after you for no reason are all dicks. I can't count the number of times I've been offed due to the interference of a Rhenoplos or whatnot.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17971 on: September 16, 2016, 10:33:59 pm »

After being dunked on repeatedly by Little Miss Googly Eyes, I decided it was probably time to move on before I started having nightmares about froggy danmaku. Tried all the team combinations and eventually settled on Reimu/Yukari. Marisa/Patchouli was too micromanagey, Marisa/Nitori was terrible at hitting things and Reimu/Suika's projectiles just don't home enough. Marisa/Alice and Reimu/Aya are both out of the question entirely.

Rotary needles are pretty cool. Plus Yukari's route also seems to have the most plot stuff, which is nice. This game actually has a pretty good story, which is unusual. None of the previous games topped decent. And the boundary teleportation is very useful especially against Parsee.

Fucking Parsee. Parsee is the hardest Stage 2 boss I've yet faced. That includes CIRNO, mistress of shotguns, high entropy spell signs and GODDAMN ICICLE FALL. The boundary teleportation helps, but not enough. ALL of her spell signs are very difficult to not time out, which is especially important since lives aren't linked to points at all anymore.

Still, after numerous attempts, I managed to get past Parsee. Stage 3 is OK. Not too hard, not absurdly easy. The boss is about the same, with one spell sign in particular that I couldn't lose to if a tried. Stage 4 is surprisingly tolerable, even with HELLFIRE KITTEH stopping in to harrass me every so often. The boss isn't too bad either, although I still lost a few lives to inexperience with her mechanics.

Stage 5 is literally Hell. Also symbolically Hell. Its long. CRAZY long. The theme song loops fully two times before the end of the level. Still, I struggle to the end and the final showdown with HELLFIRE KITTEH. Who turns out to be more then vaguely anthropomorphic when she's in the mood.

TL;DR: I got dunked on by a hellish catgirl's zombie fairy pets

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17972 on: September 17, 2016, 12:00:57 pm »

When the overseer says "jump," you... actually, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do, honestly.
I pressed the jump button, was shot in the head and buried in a shallow grave that was subsequently pissed on by a rather mangy-looking dog. :-\

Only the strong survive the apocalypse, but only the truly gifted survive the tutorial.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17973 on: September 17, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »

Pub skills do not equal competitive skills.

Respawn timers mean that dying in competitive is essentially the same as dying in League of Legends or Counter-Strike. It makes things harder for your entire team, especially if you play a support class as important as Medic.

I discovered this today.

My rank is still at Fresh Meat.

Now I must tend to my wounded pride. I have seen a bar I cannot yet grasp... But in time, perhaps I will be able to reach it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17974 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:35 pm »

The good thing about competitive play is you will eventually level out and play against opponents closer to your own skills, and can work on improving that way.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17975 on: September 17, 2016, 09:28:25 pm »

I was shat on by a bird. Seems it was some kind of mutant acid-shitting wasteland bird, as its poop burned my flesh, costing me a whole heart of health.
This made me a sitting duck for the tracksuit-wearing slav waiting to beat me up on the next screen. I thought... I thought this time I really might make it through the first two minutes of the game...

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17976 on: September 18, 2016, 12:11:44 am »

Respawn timers mean that dying in competitive is essentially the same as dying in League of Legends or Counter-Strike. It makes things harder for your entire team, especially if you play a support class as important as Medic.

I discovered this today.

Now I must tend to my wounded pride. I have seen a bar I cannot yet grasp... But in time, perhaps I will be able to reach it.

Whether you're playing 6s or Highlander, the Medic is always the core of the team. Pushes are made or broken by the survival of a medic, the death of a medic means the other team is free to punish, and then you're still at uber-disadvantage even after respawning.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17977 on: September 18, 2016, 07:18:51 am »

I discovered this today.

the entire competitive system is still (after like literally three or four months) completely fucking broken. i wouldn't bother right now if i were you.

The good thing about competitive play is you will eventually level out and play against opponents closer to your own skills, and can work on improving that way.
this doesnt actually happen atm. like 50% of people are stuck in fresh meat.

and yeah as for actual advice read some strategy guides on comp.tf and such. comp tf2 is an information overload at first to even watch, but once you get what makes it tick it becomes quite a bit easier to follow.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17978 on: September 18, 2016, 10:47:32 pm »

For some reason, I tend to assume that monsters won't do the same attack twice in a row. So, I see khezu finish an AOE lightning blast. "Great! There's my chance," I think, using the glaive's pole vault to start an attack.

Nope, the khezu actually has an AOE with a shorter charge-up that it can do immediately after the regular one. Presumably to mess with noobs that are too infatuated with the insect glaive to actually pay attention.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17979 on: September 18, 2016, 11:04:40 pm »

The game's tough enough when you haven't played for a while and there have been major updates in the meantime, but it becomes rather unfair when you're foolish enough to start a new character on a new, Expert world. I don't know what I was thinking.
King Slime (the easiest boss in the game, by common acknowledgement) managed to get inside my base and murder me repeatedly while rapid-fire spawning spiked slimes. I lost three NPCs in that mess.
The Eye of Cthulhu spawned almost every night and came after me, killing me each time both because I lacked decent weapons and because of its new Expert tactics.
Every deep mining expedition to search for high-tier ores ended in bloody murder if I couldn't get a recall potion/magic mirror ready before rapid-fire 80+ damage attacks (not even counting the 30+ damage every monster dealt on contact) tore through my pitiful 200 HP.

I've finally gotten on my feet with some decent gear, even managed to kill iCthulhu (a close call, even with every buff I could manage; the bastard gets ridiculously fast at low HP), but that was a very rough start.

Terraria
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17980 on: September 18, 2016, 11:09:24 pm »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #17981 on: September 19, 2016, 08:50:10 am »

-snip-

It's even worse when you join a friend's server for the first time with a new character, and there's a blood moon in progress. And they've already defeated the Wall of Flesh.
Then there's a solar eclipse.
Then there's another blood moon.
Then there'a a goblin invasion.
Then the Twins spawn.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17982 on: September 19, 2016, 04:11:11 pm »

For some reason, I tend to assume that monsters won't do the same attack twice in a row. So, I see khezu finish an AOE lightning blast. "Great! There's my chance," I think, using the glaive's pole vault to start an attack.

Nope, the khezu actually has an AOE with a shorter charge-up that it can do immediately after the regular one. Presumably to mess with noobs that are too infatuated with the insect glaive to actually pay attention.

MH4U.
All the gen 1 monsters are like that. Have you noticed how monsters like Tetsucabra or Zamtrios have fast-paced fights, while monsters like the Raths or Khezu tend to have fights with a lot of waiting around for their attacks to finish? It's a difference in design philosophy between 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th gen MH.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17983 on: September 19, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »

-snip-

It's even worse when you join a friend's server for the first time with a new character, and there's a blood moon in progress. And they've already defeated the Wall of Flesh.
Then there's a solar eclipse.
Then there's another blood moon.
Then there'a a goblin invasion.
Then the Twins spawn.
That's precisely the reason I don't play multiplayer, despite wanting to do so for years. There isn't much fun or adventure to be had when you join a week-old server and discover that not only is the world in Hard Mode, but people are actually farming the end-game bosses and literally everything of value has been found already. Hope you enjoy struggling against powerful monsters with the cast-off equipment of other players, because that's about all you'll be doing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17984 on: September 20, 2016, 07:30:40 pm »

I've found it's great if you coordinate with someone- starting new characters and making a new world just for the multiplayer.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 ... 1575