Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373881 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17955 on: September 11, 2016, 02:35:20 pm »

Got stabbed in the eye by a guy who looks like the Happy Mask Salesman and acts like Slenderman.

Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion.

I've think had enough of this day for one game.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17956 on: September 13, 2016, 12:38:29 pm »

The *ahem* perfectly legitimate Playstation I was playing on couldn't handle Rock's stage. Flickering, slowdown and choppy audio were all in effect.

Still, I have to say I'm really surprised. Soul Blade/Calibur seems like a fighter I could get into on more than an "I remember this from my childhood" level. No bullshit special attacks, no infinitely fast AI, no having to look up a guide just to be slightly less incompetent (so far). Just block, parry, a variety of stabs/swings, some grab attacks, and watching your opponent.

Soul Blade.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17957 on: September 13, 2016, 12:45:51 pm »

Playstation was that golden age when a single scratch could ruin just 1 part of a game but let the rest run seamlessly.

Remember when, your copy of GTAIII had a scratch in it and you couldnt ride in yellow taxis anymore because the game would crash?
Remember when your scratch on disk IV of FFVII made the seperoph II boss fight unplayable?
Remember when a scratch made crash bandicot's opening cutscenes cause a crash and you had to skip them to paly?

Remember when you were first told toothpaste would fix scratches and that it was cheaper than the just as bullshit $25 anti-scratch kit?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17958 on: September 13, 2016, 01:43:36 pm »

every time i tried to load one specific level (sly 1) or do a specific part of a specific mission (sly 2) it would crash the game
for goddamn years
Black lives matter.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17959 on: September 13, 2016, 03:37:47 pm »

I installed a script manger/installer and it ate my save games! Totally gone. I checked, and they are not backed up. It seems like a problem with a feature intended to separate your vanilla and modded saves, for some reason instead of backing my vanilla saves up like it should have it overwrote them with some really old saves that I have no idea how it acquired.

Anyway, I guess I get to start over.

After what seemed like years of trading (far less than my first time, I'm a lot better than I was then) I bought and outfitted a used M5 (an argon explorer raider) for really cheap. Time to (re)explore the universe! I get most of the paranid and nearby pirate systems explored, then dock to save, all is well. After undocking I explore the remaining paranid systems. When preparing to jump out of the last one (planning to dock in the next system) the autopilot goes haywire and slams me nose first into the docking ring. Boom. Game over. Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! There goes a half-hour or so of (extremely boring) exploring. This game needs time-based autosaves or something.

If only the autopilot was a little less stupid. Other games manage a decent autopilot, why can't X3?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17960 on: September 13, 2016, 04:44:08 pm »

every time i tried to load one specific level (sly 1) or do a specific part of a specific mission (sly 2) it would crash the game
for goddamn years
I once managed to corrupt a DS lego star wars cart. The multiplayer would crash every time, the playable bartender was able to float and the transition hitboxes in the cantina could be jumped over.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17961 on: September 13, 2016, 04:46:27 pm »

Mine occasionally has glitches like that too. There'll be corrupted textures, collision won't work and the game will hang shortly after.

I think DS Lego Star Wars was just a crapshoot in general. Even though it's my second-most-played DS game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #17962 on: September 13, 2016, 04:53:27 pm »

I installed a script manger/installer and it ate my save games! Totally gone. I checked, and they are not backed up. It seems like a problem with a feature intended to separate your vanilla and modded saves, for some reason instead of backing my vanilla saves up like it should have it overwrote them with some really old saves that I have no idea how it acquired.

Anyway, I guess I get to start over.

After what seemed like years of trading (far less than my first time, I'm a lot better than I was then) I bought and outfitted a used M5 (an argon explorer raider) for really cheap. Time to (re)explore the universe! I get most of the paranid and nearby pirate systems explored, then dock to save, all is well. After undocking I explore the remaining paranid systems. When preparing to jump out of the last one (planning to dock in the next system) the autopilot goes haywire and slams me nose first into the docking ring. Boom. Game over. Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! There goes a half-hour or so of (extremely boring) exploring. This game needs time-based autosaves or something.

If only the autopilot was a little less stupid. Other games manage a decent autopilot, why can't X3?

It's not called the autopillok for nothing.

I'm playing a dead is dead game, meaning no reloading if something goes wrong, and the autopillok flew me into a gate, an asteroid and the same station 3 times. All in the space of an hour. Good thing my ship had about 200 MJ of shielding or I'd have been space dust.

In my last game, I lost an entire squadron of Terran M5s to
Spoiler: Actual spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was even worse in Reunion. The number of wingmen lost to stations in that game...
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17963 on: September 13, 2016, 04:57:03 pm »

for goddamn years
I once managed to corrupt a DS lego star wars cart. The multiplayer would crash every time, the playable bartender was able to float and the transition hitboxes in the cantina could be jumped over.

Oh the glitches caused in my NES version of Ultima III: Exodus... caused by the NES's inability to read its own cartridges and the methods used to induce it to do so. Still, the glitches did cause characters with impossible gold and stat counts, as well as spells they should have no way of actually having, plus sprite images that would make MISSINGNO crap itself.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17964 on: September 15, 2016, 05:18:41 pm »

"Lagombi" is entirely too cute of a name for the horrific bat-bear murderbeast that a Lagombi actually is.

MH4U.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17965 on: September 16, 2016, 11:53:59 am »

Playstation was that golden age when a single scratch could ruin just 1 part of a game but let the rest run seamlessly.

Remember when, your copy of GTAIII had a scratch in it and you couldnt ride in yellow taxis anymore because the game would crash?
Remember when your scratch on disk IV of FFVII made the seperoph II boss fight unplayable?
Remember when a scratch made crash bandicot's opening cutscenes cause a crash and you had to skip them to paly?

Remember when you were first told toothpaste would fix scratches and that it was cheaper than the just as bullshit $25 anti-scratch kit?

You make me feel so old now. :c

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17966 on: September 16, 2016, 12:38:03 pm »

I mean, I'm 2 years from being a millennial and I remember playstations.

Or maybe I'm just old.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17967 on: September 16, 2016, 01:01:31 pm »

I am a millennial as I understand the term and I remember Playstations. Crash Bandakoot was awesome.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #17968 on: September 16, 2016, 01:26:30 pm »

It seems that roughly once every 3 rounds, even when my play is spaced out over several days, I try to refuel a welding tool without turning it off first

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17969 on: September 16, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »

I fought a Khezu. My Tetsucabra set gives -2 Thunder resistance. Khezu uses Thunder attacks, I swiftly discovered.

Some especially poor dodges left me with just a tiny bit of health, so I ran far away to drink a potion. I had it out, I was probably frames away from being healed...

A konchu rolled from off-screen and killed me. One of those little roly-poly things that often just mind their own business.

MH4U.
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 ... 1575