Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374138 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17880 on: August 20, 2016, 10:54:42 pm »

Well that's the cool thing, it's not Maj'Eyal it's Middle Earth :D
I haven't played Tales of Maj'Eyal (ToME 4) either, just this old version which is set... uh, rather loosely... before The Hobbit.  Though with Yeeks and half-ogres and other Angband things.  The overworld map is a pretty faithful recreation.  Most of the unique creatures and artifacts are from Middle Earth.

I particularly like the faith system.  Instead of clerics basically just being wizards with a different list, every character can worship one of the gods (including Melkor).  Even if you don't/can't put points in pray (there's a skill system based on class) you can still get significant benefits from having good standing.  As a follower of Tulkas, my mindcrafter gets a significant boost in accuracy while praying.  It costs piety, but Tulkas is easy to please- he likes it when evil things die, especially demons.
http://www.killerbunnies.org/angband/god-220.html#tulkas

The hardest and most interesting is definitely Yavanna, ha.  She gets really upset if you kill animals...  Animals which are generally trying to kill you, like any *band.  But she likes it if you charm them instead, and she offers a cheaper animal-only charm spell to the pious.  Not so bad... except you're held responsible if any trees on the map die :/  In exchange for all this headache, you can terraform the vilest of places with beautiful grass, and regenerate rapidly while standing on it.

Tulkas is so much simpler though, heh.  Almost as simple as Eru...  He likes you just for existing, and his spells let you experience the music of creation (divination/detection, mostly).

Manwe might be the best because his devout followers get constant speed boosts, flight, and can temporarily turn into maia-avatars or something.  Madness.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: August 20, 2016, 10:59:50 pm »

I uh... Decided to see if I could fly at the sun and actually get closer. Protip, you can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: August 20, 2016, 11:08:23 pm »

In general, I think I rate Mokou approximately 1-2 Sans'[Or 1/8 of a Yukari] in boss difficulty. Her second spell sign where she drops firebirds everywhere and Honest Man's Death are both incredibly obtuse. Still, IN means that I get approximately THREE lives per life, so I have to mess up several spell signs to die permanently. Even with that, I still get consistently dunked by her third-last spell sign and its explodey volcano. I remain much more optimistic about beating her then I am about beating Flandre, so I'll probably keep trying for at least a week or two before getting sad and moving on with my life.

Do you know how to dodge the laser in honest man's death yet? I ask because it's incredibly difficult to figure out via trial and error and I don't want you to suffer. Also, once you figure out the laser HMD becomes her easiest spell card.

I eventually figured out how to do it, mostly by accident[I forgot which way the laser was going and dodged into it]. This is the worst-telegraphed spell sign I've yet seen, although there are still like hrair Touhous, so there's still time. Right now I have all her spell cards figured out except the first one and the last three. Mokou's final two spell signs are quite a bit worse then Ran's were, which means that I'll probably have to learn how to do them instead of just tanking them. Spell Practice is actually being useful, since I that way I don't have to do the entire Extra Stage to get to them

BTW, what do you think of her theme?

Her song is pretty good. I've yet to hear bad Touhou music and the final/extra boss themes have always been the best thus far.

I quite like her general spell sign aesthetic, with the pheonix avatar forming around her and such. Not sure why she uses amulets like Reimu, but whatever. Coherent theme going there. Her clothes, on the other hand, look vaguely silly. Baggy pants with suspenders aren't the best look for an immortal pheonix. I still haven't gotten over Eirin's nurse hat, either.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: August 21, 2016, 10:04:31 am »

I attempted to assassinate the Captain the old fashioned way. Via gunshot to the head. Unfortunately three bullets was not enough and he survived. I then attempted to surrender to the Warden, but a Security Officer showed up behind me and started firing, so I EMP'd them and fled. They pursued and caught up to me in a main hallway, where they both got some shots in on me. I hit them a couple times with my revolver, but then was stunned and cuffed. Fortunately I'd planned ahead, and waited until the Captain arrived to execute me, then I used my Freedom Implant and whipped out an Energy Sword to attack him again. He survived, again, and the four or five armed personnel in the hall with me gunned me down and beat me until I gibbed.

SS13
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: August 22, 2016, 07:04:55 pm »

I deliberately drove into a tree while going 1800 miles per hour.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17885 on: August 22, 2016, 09:34:40 pm »

I think Anderson threw a grenade at me. Regardless, I died during the extremely easy tutorial section.

Mass Effect 3. So far, it's the most fun of the series to actually play.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: August 24, 2016, 05:41:18 am »

Rage quit after pirates rolled up and sat on my capital for about 10 minutes before leaving. Then less than a minute later, more pirates.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: August 24, 2016, 07:40:17 pm »

I, Tywin Lannister, died peacefully in my bed of old age. To the chagrin of those whose houses and lives I had shattered, it was a gentle passing into the Stranger's embrace, with my most beloved son and most worthy successor, Tyrion Lannister, at my side. In my final moments I rested easy, knowing the plans of House Lannister would be in safe hands, and that its enemies, including any remnants of House Targaryen that escaped my grasp, would find in him a foe at least as cunning, driven, ruthless, and dedicated to our great house as I was.

Crusader Kings II, A Song of Ice and Fire mod.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: August 24, 2016, 09:03:54 pm »

I love how meaningless Tyrion's deformities are in the mod.  Being a genius alone pretty much compensates for the opinion loss.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: August 24, 2016, 10:58:12 pm »

For some reason, Mountain of Faith is kicking my ass. Big time. It took me four tries to get past the Stage 1 boss without losing a life. Unsure if this is from switching from IN to MOF or switching from Reimu to Marisa Apparently my dodging chakras are absurdly unfocussed. To reassure myself that I can still dodge bullets, I decided to give Yukari another try. Didn't do TOO badly. Then I found out the lasery way that Yukari has her own version of Tenko Illusion[Which was already Ran's deadliest spell]. But with way faster projectiles and lasers.

In short, I got dunked on. Hard.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: August 24, 2016, 11:03:56 pm »

I felt the pain.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: August 25, 2016, 12:50:11 am »

For some reason, Mountain of Faith is kicking my ass. Big time. It took me four tries to get past the Stage 1 boss without losing a life. Unsure if this is from switching from IN to MOF or switching from Reimu to Marisa Apparently my dodging chakras are absurdly unfocussed. To reassure myself that I can still dodge bullets, I decided to give Yukari another try. Didn't do TOO badly. Then I found out the lasery way that Yukari has her own version of Tenko Illusion[Which was already Ran's deadliest spell]. But with way faster projectiles and lasers.

In short, I got dunked on. Hard.

TH10 is the only one that I've made significant progress on without needing a continue. I can get up to and past Nitori Kawashiro pretty reliably, but after that all bets are off.

Then again, I think Mountain of Faith is the easiest one I've played besides Lotus Land Story.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: August 25, 2016, 04:47:01 am »

This is a fun one: Was logging into Star Citizen just to get a peek at how things are. Flew around a little and then noticed after I landed that a smaller ship was shooting a pretty big one next to the station. Walked over to get closer and see what was going on.

The big ship was kinda floating freely close to the station and seemed not to be operating for whatever reason. So I wondered: could I just jump off the station pad and land on the roof. The shields were down and I nailed it pretty cleanly and began snooping around the unfamiliar ship to see if I could get inside of it or something. Then I got blasted by the little ship and tumbled off into space.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: August 25, 2016, 05:36:47 am »

I thought I had dealt with an Atlas. Little did I know, the Atlas can keep operating by itself even after you blow the pilot's head apart with a sniper rifle.

EDIT: After redoing that bit, it seems to be a glitch. It was still pretty scary, and seems like something that should have been a feature.

Mass Effect 3.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 06:25:41 am by itisnotlogical »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: August 25, 2016, 01:10:09 pm »

I've lost count of the number of times I'm standing in spikes, and need to jump over a single block that's in my way, and I gingerly hop straight up and land on the spikes to die instantly.

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 1575