Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374161 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17865 on: August 19, 2016, 05:04:29 pm »

I have wasted eight hours of my life trying to get Markhor so I can get the EZ Gun and never use it. I was two animals or possibly plants short. I even tracked down the Flying Squirrel and spent twenty minutes looking for a Tsuchinoko.

MGS3

I even made a checklist of everything I had to find! WHERE DID I GO WRONG

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17866 on: August 19, 2016, 05:22:08 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17867 on: August 20, 2016, 01:31:51 pm »

Start of map I say in all chat "please dont leave the north and center unguarded so a destroyer can waltz in and torpedo me".  My team tells me to stop bitching.  A pair of destroyers then waltz in our undefended north and center and torpedoes me.

Ahhh... playing a Bogue in World of Warships.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17868 on: August 20, 2016, 04:07:36 pm »

I was flying a long-range airplane mission for the last bit of cash I needed to upgrade the Spaceplane Hangar. While time-warping, occasionally the craft will get knocked around by random physics glitches. I tried to correct one of these without first turning off time acceleration and ended up in a flat spin above the mountains. I didn't survive.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: August 20, 2016, 04:31:08 pm »

Frankly, you should never go above 2x timewarp when flying a plane, unless it's a really stable plane. And even then.

On the other hand, unless they fixed it since I last played, the air intake calculations get thrown off during timewarp, allowing your plane to fly at higher altitudes than it should... until you turn off timewarp and your engines flameout, in which case enjoy the glider!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: August 20, 2016, 08:26:35 pm »

Hit the wrong button on the teleporter.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17871 on: August 20, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »

Hey, I remember that game vaguely.  Back when there were like 3 levels.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17872 on: August 20, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »

Not so much a death, but something happened to the save file. Now the terrain around my colony abruptly ends, resulting in a hundred meter drop into what was a massive, continent-spanning cavern that I had previously used to find minerals. The terrain just ends, not into a cliff, just there's nothing there. Had to start a new game.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: August 20, 2016, 08:56:44 pm »

In general, I think I rate Mokou approximately 1-2 Sans'[Or 1/8 of a Yukari] in boss difficulty. Her second spell sign where she drops firebirds everywhere and Honest Man's Death are both incredibly obtuse. Still, IN means that I get approximately THREE lives per life, so I have to mess up several spell signs to die permanently. Even with that, I still get consistently dunked by her third-last spell sign and its explodey volcano. I remain much more optimistic about beating her then I am about beating Flandre, so I'll probably keep trying for at least a week or two before getting sad and moving on with my life.

Do you know how to dodge the laser in honest man's death yet? I ask because it's incredibly difficult to figure out via trial and error and I don't want you to suffer. Also, once you figure out the laser HMD becomes her easiest spell card.

BTW, what do you think of her boss theme?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:38:54 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: August 20, 2016, 09:17:39 pm »

a Parchment titled ``Secrets of the Gnomish Wizards''
Those objects are only known of by rumours.  It is said that they can be activated for great or strange effects...

It can be activated for death.
You found it in the remains of a Death quasit on level 43 of Mordor.

I mean, how could I resist??  Turns out, yep, it's literally more deadly than drinking a potion of explosions. 

Tales of Middle Earth 2.3

Spoiler: spider quest rant (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: August 20, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »

In general, I think I rate Mokou approximately 1-2 Sans'[Or 1/8 of a Yukari] in boss difficulty. Her second spell sign where she drops firebirds everywhere and Honest Man's Death are both incredibly obtuse. Still, IN means that I get approximately THREE lives per life, so I have to mess up several spell signs to die permanently. Even with that, I still get consistently dunked by her third-last spell sign and its explodey volcano. I remain much more optimistic about beating her then I am about beating Flandre, so I'll probably keep trying for at least a week or two before getting sad and moving on with my life.

Do you know how to dodge the laser in honest man's death yet? I ask because it's incredibly difficult to figure out via trial and error and I don't want you to suffer. Also, once you figure out the laser HMD becomes her easiest spell card.

BTW, what do you think of her theme?
I think you dodge the laser in Honest man's death through an extremely counter intuitive method.
Spoiler: THE METHOD (click to show/hide)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: August 20, 2016, 09:18:39 pm »

a Parchment titled ``Secrets of the Gnomish Wizards''
Those objects are only known of by rumours.  It is said that they can be activated for great or strange effects...

It can be activated for death.
You found it in the remains of a Death quasit on level 43 of Mordor.

I mean, how could I resist??  Turns out, yep, it's literally more deadly than drinking a potion of explosions. 

Tales of Middle Earth 2.3

Spoiler: spider quest rant (click to show/hide)
How did you ID the scroll in the first place?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: August 20, 2016, 09:40:29 pm »

I'm mostly operating out of Lothlorien because the shops are wealthy, and also because Galadriel will *Identify* (rather than just Identify) items at her Mirror for a reasonable price.  There's also a nice nest of Thunderlords who offer cheap Word of Recall, and expensive transit to various dungeons without having to trek the world map.

This isn't a scroll actually, it's a "junkart" for junk-artifact.  Stuff like skulls and magic sticks which can be activated from the inventory (they remind me of charms in Diablo 2, taking up inventory but useful).  Identify lets you activate them, *Identify* tells you what will happen :P  About half are bad, but this is obviously the worst I've seen.  The good ones generally cure status ailments like poison or stat damage, though I don't really need those anymore.  I do keep around a "Teleport level" one for dire emergencies.

Since they're technically artifacts, they cannot be destroyed heh.  I was throwing the bad ones in Galadriel's pool where they eventually despawned.  This one, I'm keeping in my house...  A parchment which spells instant death to the reader is a bit harsh of a practical joke.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17878 on: August 20, 2016, 10:22:55 pm »

I'm mostly operating out of Lothlorien because the shops are wealthy, and also because Galadriel will *Identify* (rather than just Identify) items at her Mirror for a reasonable price.  There's also a nice nest of Thunderlords who offer cheap Word of Recall, and expensive transit to various dungeons without having to trek the world map.

This isn't a scroll actually, it's a "junkart" for junk-artifact.  Stuff like skulls and magic sticks which can be activated from the inventory (they remind me of charms in Diablo 2, taking up inventory but useful).  Identify lets you activate them, *Identify* tells you what will happen :P  About half are bad, but this is obviously the worst I've seen.  The good ones generally cure status ailments like poison or stat damage, though I don't really need those anymore.  I do keep around a "Teleport level" one for dire emergencies.

Since they're technically artifacts, they cannot be destroyed heh.  I was throwing the bad ones in Galadriel's pool where they eventually despawned.  This one, I'm keeping in my house...  A parchment which spells instant death to the reader is a bit harsh of a practical joke.
As a non-"Tales of Maj'Eyal" player, I don't know any of the locations you have.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17879 on: August 20, 2016, 10:47:12 pm »

Spoiler: THE METHOD (click to show/hide)

That's incorrect
Spoiler: THE ACTUAL METHOD (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1575