Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373846 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17775 on: August 01, 2016, 09:51:42 pm »

...why wouldnt a vampire want to make it eternally nighttime? No more pesky sun to worry about.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17776 on: August 01, 2016, 09:52:47 pm »

I believe it was sarcasm
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17777 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:17 am »

Then again, Remilia has been shown to be able to survive in sunlight for short periods of time, and her plan in EoSD was to simply block out the sun - not make it permanently night. And only then because she was too lazy to carry a parasol around.

----

While protecting my Little Sister doing her thing, a stray bullet hit a different Little Sister across the room.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17778 on: August 02, 2016, 03:42:47 pm »

Spent a day building a massive ship.

Turns out it both looked terrible and barely functioned. It was also too narrow, too deep, and too large.
This could be so many games

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17779 on: August 02, 2016, 03:45:43 pm »

Detective work suggests that it's probably From The Depths, with a 10% chance of Kerbal Space Program.
Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17780 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:16 pm »

I've discovered that the Insect Glaive is best when fighting monsters that either move slowly or don't move very often. As in, not when you're fighting a Velocidrome backed up by Kecha Wacha and you've already used your last potion.

I've also learned to never bring anything less than the max amount of regular and Mega Potions.

MH4U.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17781 on: August 02, 2016, 11:06:15 pm »

I've discovered that the Insect Glaive is best when fighting monsters that either move slowly or don't move very often. As in, not when you're fighting a Velocidrome backed up by Kecha Wacha and you've already used your last potion.

I've also learned to never bring anything less than the max amount of regular and Mega Potions.

MH4U.
If a fight is particularly tough and you can spare the Item Pouch space, consider bringing 10 honeys and a Book of Combos or two. That way, you have 20 max potions.

Also, are you familiar with Dung Bombs? You can make a bomb casing using a Sap Plant and iron ore or stone (the former is recommended due to the possibility of creating more casings) and a dung bomb using dung (you can find it in piles in most places, typically near one of the spots weak monsters retreat to) and a bomb casing. Throw it at a monster to make it run away and leave you in peace, which is very handy when there's two monsters on the map.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17782 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:55 pm »

I keep meaning to bring some along, but if I forgot to make potions before an expedition then that leaves little hope of remembering anything else.

I thought the bomb casings were for traps, but I guess they're for the hand-thrown bombs. I kept trying to use huskberries for that purpose and ending up with bowgun ammo I'll never use.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17783 on: August 03, 2016, 12:15:16 am »

After getting my face pushed in by Ran and her Fluffytail Cage of Doom, I decided to try something else and went with Team Scarlet in IN. So instead I got my face pushed in by Reisen and her bullshit "hypnosis" time freezing. Which is definitely a quantifiably different gimmick then Sakuya and Youmu's time freezing. Yay Stage 5 bosses being different~! I then decided to try Team Netherworld and promptly regretted it. Not only does Youmu's half-ghost nature make the H/Y meter even more complex, but her familiar is utter shit and Yuyuko does the OPPOSITE of what I want focussing to do. I then tried Reimu/Yukari. And IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. Apparently REIMU gets the seeking projectiles in this game, and the Yukari/Ran laser combo is quite nice too. And I swear I get a larger window for the Last Spell thing with those two, but I might just be getting better with timing. Marisa isn't AS annoying a Stage 4 boss as Reimu, but the combination of sparklez+lazerz nonetheless alternately makes me want to barf or cry. I stagger past her, mostly because of Last Spells and then get dunked on by Reisen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17784 on: August 03, 2016, 12:42:53 am »

why on earth does reisen have rabbit ears

what do rabbits have to do with the moon

**Broken sobbing**
Don't you know that in the tohou universe, there is a city on the moon called the lunar capital that is populated by lunar rabbits? It plays an important role in the later games.

I do not consider this a spoiler because you don't learn this information in-game.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17785 on: August 03, 2016, 01:13:24 am »

And that, in turn comes from older Japanese stories of moon rabbits who hit rice with large mallets to produce mochi. I assume the more urban rabbits of the lunar capital have diversified their economy somewhat since then.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17786 on: August 03, 2016, 02:47:15 am »

It's originally Chinese mythology, you scrubs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17787 on: August 03, 2016, 08:38:35 am »

Osu!: Mouse + habit of leaving my mouse elbow on the table = slow mouse movement speed (for Osu!) = Unable to do most 3+ star tracks and even some 2 star tracks.

Taiko: Whenever I slip up, I keep making mistakes. (Consistently tapping red instead of blue)

FOR THE REST OF THE SONG!

That ends well.

Osu!Mania: Not very many maps I have have this mode.

THe ones that do are very fast (playing 16th notes on a piano without sheet music is what I think of).

Making a beatmap:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO SEND HELP NOW BEFORE I BUTCHER THIS SONG!

Osu!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17788 on: August 03, 2016, 09:03:37 am »

It's originally Chinese mythology, you scrubs.
Wow, I feel like a dick now. Sorry.

((To be fair, I don't dislike the idea of lunar rabbits. I just thought it was one of those creative silly things))

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17789 on: August 03, 2016, 01:18:42 pm »

And that, in turn comes from older Japanese stories of moon rabbits who hit rice with large mallets to produce mochi. I assume the more urban rabbits of the lunar capital have diversified their economy somewhat since then.

I guess I stand enlightened then. Wasn't something I was aware of.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 [1186] 1187 1188 ... 1575