Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373721 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17745 on: July 27, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »

This is including the fact that I know that there are no enemies at this point in the game yet. It's just that the ambient sounds make you feel like something is crawling behind every wall that freak me out. I'll probably be okay once I get to the point where the alien can actually show up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:01:27 pm by Culise »

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17746 on: July 27, 2016, 04:01:40 pm »

During a fight with Daud, I decided to pump 8 bullets into the air while time was stopped. I absentmindedly stood in front of the bullets. I instagibbed myself when time resumed two seconds later.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17747 on: July 27, 2016, 05:07:15 pm »

Doing a bank job with some drugged up Irishmen. Managed to survive the entire mission until the final stretch, at least until a roadblock with about 50 of Liberty City's finest aimbotted me through the car windshield. I was, as far as I know, at full health.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17748 on: July 27, 2016, 05:08:19 pm »

That's not how you spell Grand Theft Boatcar..
Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17749 on: July 27, 2016, 06:06:12 pm »

Haven't played in a while. Out of practice with Mewtwo or Ganondorf. Kept getting bodied by a level 7 Luigi.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: July 27, 2016, 06:43:48 pm »

Pressed my luck and walked into a hallway lined with cyborgs, shooting them from around corners, running low on ammo. Down to the lead pipe and tranq darts which I've never used. Round a corner and spot a cyborg which I tranq-dart and I rush up to pipe him to death. When *the bitch* comes on screen and says I'm in a restricted area. The cyborg wakes up, is joined by a second one I hadn't noticed, and they proceed to lay the smackdown. Now I'm a cyborg beep boop, guess it's back to my last save!

(I didn't forget to name the game, I'm leaving it up to you to guess)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: July 27, 2016, 07:00:14 pm »

System Shock... 2?
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17752 on: July 27, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »

Not SS2 - no lead pipe. The first System Shock had one, if I recall.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17753 on: July 27, 2016, 07:38:08 pm »

Prisimriver sisters always get me.

The fact that I haven't played in a while probably didn't help either.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: July 27, 2016, 10:43:03 pm »

Not SS2 - no lead pipe. The first System Shock had one, if I recall.

I'm a decent way into SS2 and I haven't seen a tranq dart either. Most likely SS1.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17755 on: July 28, 2016, 04:25:50 am »

This is including the fact that I know that there are no enemies at this point in the game yet. It's just that the ambient sounds make you feel like something is crawling behind every wall that freak me out. I'll probably be okay once I get to the point where the alien can actually show up.

That second one is actually a game hint - it came up on my first loading screen. Well, it isn't entirely clear how much it counts, but I've watched funny moments and AI trolls so I'm quite clear on what I can and can't do safely.

The whole thing still freaks me out though. I also recall having watched AvP2 at some point when I was 14 or so, I believe. Couldn't sleep well for a couple days.
Hilarious, considering I always found Jurassic Park one of my favourite comedies.

Ok, so that the post is not so off-topic, I'll update it later with an actual death. I'm playing Nightmare difficulty, so the only question is what enemy I'll find first, I guess.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: July 28, 2016, 07:37:09 am »

While I wasn't necessarily doing bad myself, I got utterly wrecked by Roman at bowling.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17757 on: July 28, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

The Tetsucabra just kinda sat on top of me and kept attacking until I fainted. What the previous marks lacked wasn't speed or strength, but aggressiveness.

MH4U.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17758 on: July 28, 2016, 05:36:55 pm »

When the NPCs said that the fields west of the fortress were a good place to train, I didn't realize what they actually said was "the fields to the northwest, mind, not directly west across the bridge and south, because that's on the way to one of the Swamp King's towers and holy crap, the difficulty jump will push your shit in."

My shit was subsequently pushed in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: July 28, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »

...Having melted through the barricade, I stepped through the door leading to the ship's infirmary proper. As I stepped into the hallway I was immediately struck by the eerie ambiance. The lights were flickering, in one place the wall was pierced by some circular tunnel leading off into darkness that my flashlight could not pierce, and somewhere ahead I could hear the most unearthly clattering.

After some hesitation I continued through the door at the end of the hallway, emerging into an untidy waiting room decorated by gratuitous graffiti and no small measure of blood. The ruckus I had heard before was only louder here, and I could hear occasionally an inhuman voice. Reminding myself of the rifle in my hands, I opened the door to the medical floor. I was greeted by yet more blood and gore, and more damned flickering lights. Casting the light around the room, I spotted the source of the noise; a pair of... things that used to be infants. I sighed in relief; I had encountered these creatures before, and they posed little threat to one as well equipped as me. With only a few bursts from my rifle, they were silenced, and I was free to move on. In order to proceed, I had to restore the power, which thankfully caused the lights to stop flickering.
Stepping into the next hall, I sighted another of those creatures, which ran around a corner and out of my view. Not wanting to pursue it farther into unknown territory, I trained my sights on the corner and waited for it to come back out. After a moment it did so, and I silenced it as well. Not but a few seconds passed before my earlier caution proved itself wise, as a corpse with arms tipped with massive bone spikes charged around the corner.

Thinking quickly, I covered it in a stasis field, at which point it hung helpless, almost tragically, suspended in time. The threat nearly defeated already, I calmly drew my hullcutter, and blasted its scythe-like arms off. At which point it collapsed on the ground and ceased to move, whether it had expired from bloodloss or had simply given up was unclear. Almost triumphantly, I rounded the corner. Empty. One drops from the ceiling. I back up, and train my sights on it. There's one behind me. I stasis the wall behind it. Now panicking, I once again draw my hullcutter, and-
*screaming, stabbing noises*

Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1575