Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373560 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17730 on: July 25, 2016, 08:08:37 pm »

Playing Stalker: Clear Sky, the only one I didn't get to play before. Having lots of fun. Got shot in the face by a guy with a pistol about 30 meters away, while the guy with the shotgun at 10 meters away couldn't hit me with any of his 5 shots.

Its good to be back in the zone. RIP stalker series ;~;7 lik dis if u breeki evertim
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17731 on: July 26, 2016, 04:54:48 am »

Just a boy and his dog, trying to survive the zombie apocalypse and reach a maple land of freedom. Both low on supplies, one HP away from death, when the car broke down. Within the hour they were set upon by bandits.

And then the dog - somehow, given that dogs usually can't speak - told the bandits to COOL IT and they both died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: July 26, 2016, 04:56:10 am »

A whole bunch, trying to break into a military base so I could get documents for some dumbass.

Stalker: Lost Alpha. Rip series ;_;7
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17733 on: July 26, 2016, 10:04:36 am »

Apparently 18 small reactors do not have output enough to adequately power a fairly simple space-to-planet fighter(I don't know if it can make it back up) in Creative. At the very least I managed to get enough power to forward atmospheric thrusters to get it to fly forward, but it lacks upward thrust and cannot perform tight maneuvers near the ground. The lack of upward thrust also makes launching the missiles difficult as I can't pull up and away. Attempts at striking ground targets like this resulted in damage and destruction. Just not to the targets.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17734 on: July 26, 2016, 10:59:14 am »

Dissolved into goo hundreds of times.

After making it 9/10 of the way to Canada, I laid down and died.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: July 26, 2016, 03:51:40 pm »

It's not a literal death, but I think I facepalmed hard enough to kill a few brain cells.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:55:11 pm by Blaze »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #17737 on: July 26, 2016, 04:27:34 pm »

Died in the mine.  Can't be assed to keep trying to get my stuff back. Might as well just start another new character.

Starbound

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17738 on: July 26, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »

Waited until I had a full battle party before challenging an optional boss. Even though two of the characters had weapons the bosses were weak to, there were three of them(previous bosses like this had only one or two), and they all can charge in and unleash area attacks on the entire group. Couldn't keep up with the healing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17739 on: July 26, 2016, 06:01:35 pm »

Wanted to take a shortcut between two floors of a parking garage,, but fell all the way down instead.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17740 on: July 27, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »

I killed a Space Ninja with a fire axe.

SS13

They explode on death, btw.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: July 27, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

This was the day before yesterday but damn it still pisses me off. When you get to the Canadian border, you have to survive a few sieges. And I made it to the last one, as the only survivor. One HP left. I got the 'siege is over, escape!' message. And the door was crowded, but I was out of ammo with only a wrench to fight with. And I bashed my way to the doorframe.

AND THEN I GOT BIT AS I STEPPED OVER THE THRESHOLD. MY CORPSE FELL TO THE GROUND OUTSIDE, LITERALLY INCHES FROM CANADA. I AM RAGE.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17742 on: July 27, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »

Tried a Rank B revival battle, which is second lowest(C->B->A->S). The resulting battle was against multiple enemies who can deal over half a character's HP in one hit, and I was swinging for single digits on critical hits with weapons they're weak to - in a game where normal damage for most of the game starting at the beginning is in the hundreds.

Barely managed to escape. Luckily, I had one of the group on the edge of the battlefield.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17743 on: July 27, 2016, 02:39:13 pm »

Started playing Alien: Isolation.
I didn't die, but the fact that the ambient sounds scared me shitless before even reaching the second save point counts as more of a fail than anything I've ever done.

This is including the fact that I know that there are no enemies at this point in the game yet. It's just that the ambient sounds make you feel like something is crawling behind every wall that freak me out. I'll probably be okay once I get to the point where the alien can actually show up.

Have to say though, the game's visuals and audio seem top-notch so far and from the videos I've seen of the game - the alien is beautifully designed... with some crazy troll AI.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17744 on: July 27, 2016, 02:42:25 pm »

I didn't die, but the fact that the ambient sounds scared me shitless before even reaching the second save point counts as more of a fail than anything I've ever done.
I think that means the game is doing it's job.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 1575