Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373602 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17700 on: July 23, 2016, 12:53:55 pm »

Falls down a hidden pit, instantly get killed by a black knight with an axe.

I think that's enough DS for tonight.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17701 on: July 23, 2016, 01:42:47 pm »

Glorious run. Double digits of ropes and bombs after the first level. Got the magic eye thing. Broke my record for rescues before moving on to the second area.

Then everything goes to shit. Blew a bunch of bombs trying to mine across to a damsel because I hadn't gotten the giant spider before. Realize my magic eye is blinking like crazy and I'm actually out of bombs so I can't get to the black market. I die to a series of stupid piranha-related mistakes.

Start a new game. Idol and damsel in the same first floor. Second damsel on second floor. Land on dumb spikes on third floor, at 6 health.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17702 on: July 23, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »

Glorious run. Double digits of ropes and bombs after the first level. Got the magic eye thing. Broke my record for rescues before moving on to the second area.

Then everything goes to shit. Blew a bunch of bombs trying to mine across to a damsel because I hadn't gotten the giant spider before. Realize my magic eye is blinking like crazy and I'm actually out of bombs so I can't get to the black market. I die to a series of stupid piranha-related mistakes.

Start a new game. Idol and damsel in the same first floor. Second damsel on second floor. Land on dumb spikes on third floor, at 6 health.
They forgot the game, but it's Spelunky.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17703 on: July 23, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »

Apparently the SVDm is just inferior to service rifles of all colors in ranged capability.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17704 on: July 23, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »

Do you have the black blob glitch, too? I got that in a bunch of places all over the game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17705 on: July 23, 2016, 06:03:43 pm »

Returned to my compound of survivors after 3 real-life years.  Not as bleak as I expected.  The rain collectors were full of pure water.  The fields were overflowing with gourds and beans.  And my brave survivors were still alive, staring at the equipment, and saying:
"We are ever so hungry and thirsty and sad :'("

...Right.  Browser click-games.  But I digress.

I formed a party of three:  A medic, a soldier, and a scavenger.  I vaguely remembered running 3 3-person teams like this for efficiency.  Just gotta be careful.
They set out for a supermarket first, to find more canned goods and fresh water.  All that base infrastructure only provided 12 days worth of provisions.  I chose an area a few levels below me, though, since I hadn't played this in so long.

It went very well at first.  The medic and soldier provided overwatch as the scavenger, armed only with a club, scooped cans and bottles into the bag.  The infected attacked almost constantly, but they were gunned down (except for a couple of cases where the scavenger had to help beat them back.  That should have been a warning.)

I stayed too long, got greedy.  The screen shook, and music started, and the horde arrived.  The soldier and medic spent their magazines, but it wasn't nearly enough.  No time to reload, I ordered everyone to evac.  They didn't make it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17706 on: July 23, 2016, 06:49:43 pm »

Huh, I've played ME on a couple of different computers and I don't remember any black blob glitches.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17707 on: July 23, 2016, 07:09:55 pm »

The only graphical glitch I remember is the one on Liara's recruitment mission, and that's fixable be deleting the shaders.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17708 on: July 23, 2016, 08:48:45 pm »

I mean, ME1 didn't look that great at the best of times in my experience. I don't remember much in the way of outright visual glitches though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17709 on: July 23, 2016, 09:33:08 pm »

It's for recent AMD GPUs.

Anyways, I joined Team Mystic by the tried and true method of "Ink a bink a bottle of Ink", and there just happened to be a Mystic gym nearby.

I arrive only to find it being captured. The guy was nice enough to let me put in a Pokemon and get ten coins out of it.

I sit back down at work and check the map only to find that it's back in Mystic's hands again.

Pokemon Go.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17710 on: July 24, 2016, 05:48:23 am »

I also have it sometimes in XCOM, but I only ever noticed it for extremely small bits of debris that occasionally fall from the ceiling in the alien base assault mission.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17711 on: July 24, 2016, 08:02:04 am »

I was so ready to post in the own thread when I killed the cyberdemon without getting hit. I'd even brought up the forums to do so. Seems like a cutscene, nothing huge.

Wait why is it getting back up

Wait why is it alive

Wait why is it trapping me in a corridor

Oh that's what my body looks like

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17712 on: July 24, 2016, 02:20:15 pm »

Fire Warriorbros were busy trolling Eldar, blowing their stuff up.

Then my house lost power for a second.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17713 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »

Curse you, Smurfalos! You were bad enough when you were red and actually kept your sorry ass on the ground for more than ten seconds at a time!
Silver Rathalos is even worse. So much worse.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17714 on: July 24, 2016, 09:34:53 pm »

I think, with every passing MonHun horror story I read, I become that much more happy I never got past Barroth in Tri.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1575