Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373261 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17670 on: July 19, 2016, 03:24:41 am »

If you're going solo then you'd be better off with a lance or greatsword, bow if you absolutely want to do ranged.

If you've unlocked the higher tier LBGs you can unlock limiter removal, but otherwise I wouldn't bother using it in solo.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17671 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:26 am »

Cyberdemon round 2. Damn this bastard is hard.
I find that the Gauss Cannon's Siege mode stuns him pretty reliably. Should knock him out of some of the trickier attack patterns.
Guess which mod I didn't get. I ended up unloading my chaingun with the mod that allows for triple shots, whatever it's called.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17672 on: July 19, 2016, 12:14:50 pm »

Spoiler: MFW (click to show/hide)

pls
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17673 on: July 19, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »

If you're going solo then you'd be better off with a lance or greatsword, bow if you absolutely want to do ranged.

If you've unlocked the higher tier LBGs you can unlock limiter removal, but otherwise I wouldn't bother using it in solo.
As someone who does solo with a LBG, I can say that the limiter removal makes things more of a pain in the ass most of the time. My gun's main advantage is being able to burst fire Flame S, essentially multiplying the total damage I can do with those rounds by four. Removing the need to reload is a much less helpful advantage, at least with the way I play.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17674 on: July 19, 2016, 07:22:42 pm »

Speaking of the camera, how does one even use the camera on 3DS monster hunter games? The PSP claw grip doesn't work because it's borderline impossible to operate a circle pad with a pointer finger, sticking your hand upright to operate the D-pad with the joint of your thumb feels wrong, and as IINL said the touchscreen controls are fiddly and unresponsive and you have to take your hand off of the action buttons to use it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17675 on: July 19, 2016, 07:41:15 pm »

The L button snaps the camera behind your character. It's not amazing, but good enough for the game to be playable as most of the combat happens on a relatively level plane. And for bigger monsters, you can set it so that tapping the L button will point at the monster instead of snapping the camera behind you.

This is all for MH4U though, as I have yet to try the Generations demo or indeed acquire that game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17676 on: July 19, 2016, 07:43:09 pm »

It's the same in Generations. You can also set it so there's a D-pad on the right side of the touch screen if that's more comfortable.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17677 on: July 19, 2016, 07:47:02 pm »

I'm not sure because I don't actually own one and the game itself isn't clear on this, but I think the Circle Pad Pro will give you analog camera control.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17678 on: July 19, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »

It does. I imagine it makes ranged weapons easier, although I don't have one myself.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17679 on: July 19, 2016, 07:53:02 pm »

Put a gun under my chin and blew my head off after realizing there was no way I'd get food and/or avoid food poisoning in the post apocalyptic ruins of civilization.

Cataclysm DDA.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17680 on: July 19, 2016, 07:56:47 pm »

Yeah, I know about the L-button. Otherwise I wouldn't be singleplayer Level 8 :P

But still, it's a really bad setup. Unfortunately there's really no better way to do it for Monster Hunter. A Circle Pad Pro is supposed to fix the issue, but in my experience unless your thumb is freakishly long and you can use the joint to control analog sticks it doesn't help.
Put a gun under my chin and blew my head off after realizing there was no way I'd get food and/or avoid food poisoning in the post apocalyptic ruins of civilization.

Cataclysm DDA.
Wait, how long did you play before committing suicide? Was this your first time?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17681 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:13 am »

At long last, from old age. Something I had never before accomplished.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17682 on: July 20, 2016, 01:54:40 am »

Curious hunters may be wondering: can two giant monsters be in the same area at the same time?

You're absolutely goddamn right they can! They'll even stay in the same few areas, come to eachother's rescue, and knock you over when you're trying to throw a paintball at the other one!

Not helping matters is the fact that I brought a gunlance to an enemy-that-flies-and-is-thus-hard-to-hit-with-a-gunlance party.

MH4U.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: July 20, 2016, 11:21:48 am »

Ratholos and Rathian, then?
Sigtext!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: July 20, 2016, 11:57:05 am »

Running through NG+  I was pretty satisfied with my playthrough and stopped playing after beating the game.  My friend keeps tryiung to convince me to get to endgame again so I can help him with his innumerable alts.  I eventually agree, with his assistance, since if we get the dlc I'll need to be at endgame anyway.

Undead Settlement:
Friend: Do you still have your white branch?
Me: I have >A< white branch.
Friend: Is it the right one?
*woosh* *CRASH* *Dead*
Me: That seems to be a 'No'.

Dark souls 3
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 1575