Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373071 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17640 on: July 14, 2016, 08:10:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No. Your behind area is not sacred. Especially not to a loli vampire.

EDIT: New death. Sorta.

Was ambushed by a turtle-car creature. Hits fairly hard, and it's main attack buffs its speed while its stronger secondary attack consumes speed buffs for extra hurt.

Had the Farmer - whose attack ability summons plant "monsters" which grow(by generating HP) and harvesting them when full - set up two corn plants, and when both were ready had her use her Thresher attack, which hits all enemies and harvests all fully-grown crops(activating their effects). Corn plants launch a massive flurry of weak attacks on random enemies. Apparently, this includes other plants on the field. The game sorta bugged out since it doesn't like firing off multiple attack plants or something, and it locked up after killing the turtle and both plants but still being in the battle.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:11:55 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: July 15, 2016, 05:41:25 pm »

I was fighting a Yian Kut-Ku (I think that's the name), because pride would not allow me to just submit a scale that I found on the ground and call it a day.

Boy, was I not ready. My weapon seems to bounce off of it half the time, even at full Sharpness, and I have no counter to the fact that it shoots fireballs.

My Palico was pinned down, bravely buying time for me to chug a Mega Potion before I returned to the attack. The Kut-Ku, apparently sensing my desperation, turned and casually spat a fireball. I was stunned and the last of my health burned away while I was helpless.

MH4U. I'm gonna have to get Generations next paycheck, because I want to do this multiplayer.

Also, do monsters have spots that are more heavily armored? On certain large monsters, attacking them from certain angles always seems to bounce off unless I use the heavy overhead swing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:43:01 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17642 on: July 15, 2016, 06:08:02 pm »

Yeah, most monsters have spots like that. It doesn't actually reduce the amount of damage you do IIRC, it just screws up your combos. It gets particularly annoying on really, really hard monsters like Gravios (who is literally made of rocks) or the 'Blos-es (which are more or less T-rexes with triceratops heads.)

Out of curiosity ,what weapon are you using? Also seconding IT's advice of trying everything if you haven't already. I, personally, sucked at the game until I chanced trying the Dual Blades.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17643 on: July 15, 2016, 06:27:16 pm »

I'm using the Great Bone, which I think is some sort of spear-type weapon. It replaced the Iron Katana which was the same type. I tried the Broadsword and didn't much care for it, but I'm getting annoyed with constantly having to take a break and sharpen my weapon mid-battle.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17644 on: July 15, 2016, 06:40:18 pm »

Ah, the longsword. It's fun to swing that thing around and pretend to be Sephiroth, but you've gotta be very precise; longsword users are reviled in multiplayer for having wide, sweeping attacks that can throw off everyone else's combos.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17645 on: July 15, 2016, 06:41:19 pm »

Oh, so I can hit other players and knock them off-balance? That kinda sucks but I guess it adds to the skill and teamwork element.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17646 on: July 15, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »

The invisible thing that killed most of humanity was working on evolving again so I needed to beat it in a militerized children's card game Rockem Sockem Robots match. I did not succeed and the psychic feedback roasted the brains of myself and my two friends. Again. And again. And again.

Custom Robo
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17647 on: July 15, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »

The invisible thing that killed most of humanity was working on evolving again so I needed to beat it in a militerized children's card game Rockem Sockem Robots match. I did not succeed and the psychic feedback roasted the brains of myself and my two friends. Again. And again. And again.

Custom Robo
The final boss? That thing was a monumental pain.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17648 on: July 15, 2016, 10:21:19 pm »

Decided to just move on to the next game instead of waiting until I can beat Flandre. I then proceeded to play as KNOIFE MAID and wreck everybody. This game is honestly a lot easier then the previous one, with more generous extra lives, being able to see your hitbox and randomly getting a protective border thing based on rules I don't quite understand. Still quite fun, and I rather like it artistically. The music is fabulous, the art is... better and the dakka looks like nice little death flowers. Just not quite the same challenge as the sixth game. The Phantom Ensemble still messed me up and the Sakuya clone in Stage 5 proved pretty robust too. But I persevered and got to Yuyuko. Oh boy did that go well. She's much more dangerous then Remilia is. Remilia's still cuter though

Suffice to say, I got dunked pretty hard by ghost butterflies.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: July 15, 2016, 10:57:58 pm »

Custom Robo
The final boss? That thing was a monumental pain.

Eeeyup. A friend beat it by throwing excess amounts of fire at it and being lucky with dodging. This was after even more attempts by us both.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:30:52 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17650 on: July 16, 2016, 04:58:14 pm »

Goddamned Akuma and his hax.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17651 on: July 16, 2016, 06:50:03 pm »

Goddamned Akuma and his hax.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17652 on: July 16, 2016, 07:43:20 pm »

I made the horrible mistake of charging forward.  The greenskins surrounded me and wiped the floor with me.  Dwarves are not a mobile army.

Total war:  Warhammer
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17653 on: July 16, 2016, 07:56:53 pm »

The physics are different, the controls are different, the graphics are different, the moves are different, the screen is tiny and my hands are giant. I didn't stand a chance against a level 9 CPU player.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I only downloaded the demo though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17654 on: July 16, 2016, 08:05:17 pm »

I don't see what you're trying to say here. That I should buy a new SD card? That would have the difficulty of transferring everything over to the new card. Pretty sure 128GB is not the capacity of the default card.

In any case, I may have been exaggerating how much space it took, as Citizens of Earth takes about 75% as much space as Street Fighter does.
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 1575