Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373308 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17610 on: July 11, 2016, 11:45:18 am »

This, uh, may pose a problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I appear to have clipped through a part of the scenery.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17611 on: July 11, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »

Hey, weve got a character with no ranged options. You know what would be a fun level for him? A level with lots of huge open spaces and gun enemies! That sounds like a good time!

The level design in this game is so atrociously bad. I want to slap the person responsible for this mess.

E:

the level design in this game is giving me a crisis of faith and i dont even believe in anything

E2:
an enemy literally just went out of bounds to get to me. i am now convinced this game was designed by an evil person and not in a good way

E3:
did i mention the fucking unpredictable doors which eat your shots

E4:
"here's a mission, you can choose from two masks. but if you dont take the new mask, the mission is basically impossible! what a wonderful amount we provide to our players!"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 02:03:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: July 11, 2016, 03:40:51 pm »

@Arx: Yeah, that happened to me before too, sort of. The boss at the top of the funhouse slammed me into the ground so hard with its throw that I literally was sunk in stone up to my knees and couldn't move. I had to Homeward Bone out. If you're still stuck there after reloading, try that?

@Miauw: I agree. Hotline Miami 2 was, in most every way, not as good as the original. :/
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17613 on: July 11, 2016, 05:04:28 pm »

I liked the scenes a lot, but the gameplay was supremely frustrating.  Might have been better as a machinima, outside a few bits of interesting interaction.
I did beat it on hard eventually, but I like frustrating games sometimes.  Literally to get angry at them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #17614 on: July 11, 2016, 05:15:43 pm »

Hit a teleporter somewhere on Level 3 and scattered the whole party across it. Only one member made it back to the surface alive. But no worries, he died shortly later, against a certain lair in Level 2.

And, of course, constitution loss all over the place. Which just so happened to mean the healer can't cast her one offensive spell anymore. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Check out my books at O and H Books

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17615 on: July 11, 2016, 05:32:31 pm »

Remilia might not be hard, but her boss fight is really freaking long. And Sakuya & Stage 5 bleed me dry by the time I get to her. Thought her bat blitz attack was her final one and burned my bombs trying to get her dead. hahah it wasn't and I got dunked on.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17616 on: July 11, 2016, 08:00:26 pm »

Remilia might not be hard, but her boss fight is really freaking long. And Sakuya & Stage 5 bleed me dry by the time I get to her. Thought her bat blitz attack was her final one and burned my bombs trying to get her dead. hahah it wasn't and I got dunked on.

Spoiler: TIP (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: July 12, 2016, 12:12:37 am »

The problem with Hotline Miami 2 is that it become more of a puzzle game. Some of the stages had pretty much only one or two solutions to them. Especially the ones that limited ou to specific weapons.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17618 on: July 12, 2016, 12:52:42 am »

(that's why it's bad in comparison to 1)
Although to be honest I really like the overall story of 1 and 2. 2 especially since it gave a lot of context and explanation.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: July 12, 2016, 02:21:46 am »

Today, I learned that the gibs of nuclear-exit-wound-guys have nuclear exit wounds. I learned this by firing an absurdly high RPM laser rifle I was testing into a nuclear-exit-wound-guy I though was a normal coalition trooper, then continuing to fire after he died in an attempt to dissolve his gibs so I could shoot the dudes behind him. And then continuing to fire because I was curious what would happen. And then continuing to fire as the solid wall of hypervelocity particles tore me and everything around me but the dudes behind the nuclear-exit-wound-guy apart. Dammit, that was some great science I did there.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: July 12, 2016, 03:13:42 am »

(that's why it's bad in comparison to 1)
Although to be honest I really like the overall story of 1 and 2. 2 especially since it gave a lot of context and explanation.

I disagree. 2 was a bunch of pointless vignettes loosely strung together by Richard, who for some reason is some Cryptkeeper-like harbinger of doom, with a particularly stupid ending that invalidates both the previous game and the one you're playing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: July 12, 2016, 03:17:47 am »

I guess I'm wrong then because someone doesn't agree with me thus invalidating any opinions I had on it :P

Nah, but I think the best parts were playing as Beard. I mean they were, leveldesign wise, a fucking nightmare, but otherwise they were interesting.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: July 12, 2016, 06:53:38 am »

That's not exactly what I meant. :P I was trying to start a conversation that would, hopefully, enlighten me as to what anyone liked about HM2. As far as I could tell, it was shitty level design and a nonsensical plot from end to end, the former designed to frustrate you as you attempted each level 50 or so times just to get more of the latter in the hopes it would make sense in the end, which... it doesn't really. I mean, I get that
but it's never really gone into why they want to do that/how they benefit from it, and the only character who even comes close to touching the actual plot is Snake Mask. Everyone else is just kind of there to be filler.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17623 on: July 12, 2016, 07:38:57 am »

fuck doors. why the fuck do doors knock people down. oh youre going for a combo? well BAD FUCKING LUCK, ALL OF YOUR ENEMIES ARE KNOCKED DOWN BY THIS DOOR. HOPE YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME FOR A 2 HOUR FINISHING ANIMATION. not to mention that with hos shittily the levels in this game are designed, you often RELY on enemies coming to you, but then they walk into an idle door and get knocked down. that's not even the best part, because sometimes an enemy will get knocked down UNDER another door, so that you cant actually finish them without opening the door.

this is possibly the worst game i have ever played

E:

FUCK

DOORS

e2:
HEY LETS ADD DOGS THAT ARE LITERALLY INVINCIBLE TO GUNS TO OUR GAME
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:47:13 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: July 12, 2016, 09:01:49 am »

I had just had my most successful battle yet. Roughly equal forces with 51 casualties on my side and 650-something on theirs. I had lured their forces into an advantageous position and surrounded them with my infantry, having the cavalry fight off any and all reinforcements.

This heroic victory apparently scared the living shit out of the British and three other nations, because they declared war on me and proceeded to absolutely steamroll my forces.

Empire: Total War
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 1575