Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372738 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17535 on: June 28, 2016, 10:16:10 pm »

Not exactly a death but....

Building a construction complex to make more microchips. Apparently I misplaced a station by a inch or something and it clipped into another station and I didn't notice.... the game, by the way, is perfectly happy to let you do this with absolutely no warning or indication whatsoever. Sitting in the sector taking care of my business, when suddenly the complex explodes, because the shields finally got worn down from the constant low collision damage.

Fortunately I have a save from before I placed the stations, but it was like 3 hours of gameplay ago and placing large numbers of stations is super tedious and frustrating so I'm considering just giving up and never doing that mission or cheating in the microchips I need.

X3: terran conflict. It's a decent game but man, the station building is so unforgivably terrible and you have to build hundreds of stations to get
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even ignoring the time spent getting the money, and ignoring the time spent by the factories actually producing the goods, you're looking at several hours just building stations using the worst station building UI ever and watching the same short, unskippable cutscene hundreds of times.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17536 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:31 pm »

Working on a custom mission, trying to make it appear that a large battle is underway without making it so dangerous that the player is blown away as soon as they step off the chopper.

This is pretty difficult. Having even a single rifleman within eyesight of the landing zone usually results in the squad being slaughtered, as the AI needs a second to think after getting off the helicopter, and also between waypoints.

ARMA.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17537 on: June 28, 2016, 10:31:34 pm »

Hadn't played Project M in a while. Hadn't played 3.6. Load it up, decide to warm up by fighting randomly chosen cpu players of progressively higher levels.

Get to level 7. RNG picks Roy. Holy shit I kept getting bodied by CPU Roy. Getting combo'd and edge-guarded and basically rekt. One point I get 4-stocked. At one point the AI literally DACUS'd three times in a row across the length of Final Destination. (A DACUS is where the character uses dash attack and cancels into an up smash and slides along the floor.)

This Roy isn't even level 9 and it regularly kicks my ass. I'd be impressed if it wasn't an AI.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17538 on: June 29, 2016, 12:58:27 am »

I died when I realized that B12 has the self control of a toddler.
Puns are a sign of wit! :P That's why everyone loves em \o/

So I finished Homeworld1, and moved into Homeworld2, and...then mission 4 happened :v

Got swarmed by Lance Fighters (mini Ion cannon fighters), Laser Corvettes (minor Ion cannon corvettes), and a ton of enemy bombers all because I decided to use all the RUs to fill up my fleet at the end of Mission 3.

I thoroughly dislike that I have no choice on when to hyperspace in Homeworld2 :I
But I also dislike that fleet scaling difficulty being put in place AGAIN (also salvage/capture isn't a viable...idea anymore, unless you start with a tiny fleet, because of how many enemies there are and the capacity limit of 4 salvage...frigates. Set in the future, I am baffled by why salvage corvettes have been scrapped due to their utility, especially repair corvettes/frigates!)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17539 on: June 29, 2016, 04:37:21 am »

Scaling fleets is what killed Homeworld 2 for me. I can see it working to an extent, but punishing you for doing well is just bad game design.

On topic:

• Threw a molotov, which proceeded to clip some invisible geometry and explode me.
  • Rounded a corner into a raider who had a minigun, who shredded me instantly. The spin up time is a lie.
  • Had a Protectron I hacked decide to turn hostile for no reason and team up with an until-then unnoticed machine gun turret.
  • Lucky shot from a super mutant killed me in one hit.
  • Random unnoticed alpha mongrel out of nowhere decided to one shot me.
  • Oh, I forgot that doorway was trapped with a bomb. Yeah, there goes my leg.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17540 on: June 29, 2016, 11:10:03 am »

Fighting a bunch of demons around some floating platforms.  Backpedaling from a hell knight while doing a jump over to another platform, plasma rifle firing.  I'm stopped dead in midair over an endless pit.   I turn just fast enough to catch a glance of the cacodemon that bodyblocked my jump before falling to a gibby death.

Doom 4
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17541 on: June 29, 2016, 04:44:16 pm »

This game has an odd tendency to kill me after bossfights or reaching secrets :P
Generally due to silly mistakes, though, and the bossfights aren't especially difficult.

I beat up some nun with a sword.  Then I went back to save but there was a skull in the way, so I attacked it without thinking.

Momodora:  Reverie Under the Moonlight
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17542 on: June 29, 2016, 08:57:59 pm »

Tried to fight Dalamadur again, this time with a party of 4 othee hunters who were all equal in rank to me. We lost in 5 minutes because one of them was an idiot who managed to get hit by absolutely everything and never bothered to heal. I haven't found anyone else who wanted to fight this yet.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17543 on: June 29, 2016, 10:34:14 pm »

Literally the first thing I type in the chat is "supporting top", but because of my hero choice everyone on my team assumed (?) I was carrying.  A guy on our team who picked Clockwerk convinced me to switch with him so he could play carry Naga Siren (my character).  Unfortunately:
A the last person on our team to pick seemed to think they were carrying, which meant I shouldn't have swapped in the first place.
B. I've never played Clock before, except once when I was really bad at the game.
C. the clock pick didn't make any sense.  Clock is a character who can fire off a hook to get close to someone and then surround them with a circular wall.  Unfortunately everyone on their team was either a deadly melee character you don't want to get close to (Pudge, Undying, Legion Commander, PA) or someone who could do some kind of nastiness to overcome the wall or damage me through it (PA, Undying, Lion, Pudge).  I would be hard pressed to think of WORSE matchups for Clock.  Insofar as I even understand the character.

The Naga player tried valiantly but in the end they ended up being one of only two competent team members (I was NOT one of them) and our mid Viper flamed them both constantly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17544 on: June 30, 2016, 05:57:34 am »

I was bored and didn't feel like going to bed, so I tried to pick out an easy game that I could win at and feel good for a minute.

I know! Touhou!

TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17545 on: June 30, 2016, 07:03:14 am »

Fighting the Bell Gargoyle. Thought it was awfully convenient only one of the four (E: Two?) woke up. Halfway! Oh, 'ello, matey. And of course friendly fire doesn't happen.

Oh well. Dark Souls is still my favourite combat game by several miles.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:00:21 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17546 on: June 30, 2016, 12:02:31 pm »

I was bored and didn't feel like going to bed, so I tried to pick out an easy game that I could win at and feel good for a minute.

I know! Touhou!

TH06: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

Whenever I do that, I end up having a hard time getting to sleep because the colourful bullets have imprinted themselves on my retinas. Touhou is definitely a very calming game for me, though. Listening to neat music and watching pretty patterns while executing familiar maneuvers is quite relaxing.

I decided to try Easy mode. It turns out that Easy mode is harder then Normal. Sure there are a lot less bullets, but you also get WAY less extra lives. And the difficulty drop on Easy isn't significant enough for the massive decrease in bonus lives to be that helpful. I staggered my way to Patchouli[At one life] and then got dunked on by a Spell Card I'd never seen her use before[Princess Undine or something?].

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17547 on: June 30, 2016, 12:14:09 pm »

Yeah, Patchouli has more spellcards than any other boss. Her lineup is based on both difficulty and your own character/spellcard choice. She uses Princess Undine on Normal as well, with Marisa/Master Spark if I recall.

Please tell me you didn't die to Cirno's Icicle Fall on Easy, did you?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17548 on: June 30, 2016, 12:45:47 pm »

Yeah, Patchouli has more spellcards than any other boss. Her lineup is based on both difficulty and your own character/spellcard choice. She uses Princess Undine on Normal as well, with Marisa/Master Spark if I recall.

Please tell me you didn't die to Cirno's Icicle Fall on Easy, did you?

Not with Marisa/Master Spark, since that's my usual character choice.

No, I dodged it easily. Which is actually quite neat, since I usually have a hard time with it on Normal. I DID die to Perfect Freeze, because one projectile was half offscreen right next to me and I didn't notice it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17549 on: June 30, 2016, 01:43:35 pm »

I DID die to Perfect Freeze, because one projectile was half offscreen right next to me and I didn't notice it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 1575