Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372866 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17505 on: June 27, 2016, 12:45:09 am »

I have to wonder if the person who designed ARMA's missions even knew what game he was making levels for.

"Hey, rookie, we need you to go like, two or three miles up the road and plant satchel charges under a bridge. Then take on an entire squadron of tanks all by yourself. Don't worry, we'll be supporting you from 600 meters away on a hill outside of town. Also, the weapons cache has tons of machine gun ammo in it, but no machine gun. Good luck!"

I swear this game is mechanically sound, the missions are just all really, really dumb so far. This is the third or fourth "ambush a convoy all by your lonesome" mission in a row.

ARMA.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17506 on: June 27, 2016, 12:54:51 am »

Tip: pay for heat one day, pay for food the next, and keep alternating like that. Makes your life much easier.
Figured that out, yeah. That was my first run and I was pretty slow at checking people, so I earned less money per day. Barely made enough to pay for rent each day that run. Things are going better in the next run.
Ah, I see.

If the worst comes to the worst, you can try to deliberately kill off your entire family save for one person to lessen the costs of living. I could never live with myself if I did that (not least because I'd miss out on my son's avant-garde masterpiece,) but maybe you're different.

Glory to Arstotzka.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17507 on: June 27, 2016, 02:36:31 am »

I looked at a mirror.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17508 on: June 27, 2016, 03:45:10 am »

Crushed by droped Military Vehicle.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17509 on: June 27, 2016, 09:37:54 am »

In Guild 2: The Renaissance.  I rolled a Rogue and married a serf that became a Rogue class also.  Had 2 Pubs in 2 different town, with 6 total working girls for passive income.  Then I volunteered to join the war, and we lost, so my main guy died without an heir, but the widow survives. I restarted.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #17510 on: June 27, 2016, 11:17:10 am »

Jeez, that's one hell of a first boss you got there La-Mulana.

La-Mulana Remake

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17511 on: June 27, 2016, 08:25:13 pm »

Being surrounded by goblins and hive drones seems to be a quick way to die at low levels.
Eschalon: Book 1

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17512 on: June 27, 2016, 10:14:12 pm »

I looked at a mirror.

Sometimes it's better not to reflect on a few things.

Cinder

???? - 2016

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17513 on: June 27, 2016, 10:38:24 pm »

Protip:  The water one screen left of boobwitch fight isn't lethal.  Unless you let yourself go underneath it.
Other water you can blub around indefinitely apparently

Momodora:  Reverie Under the Moonlight

Fortunately that infamous bossfight was easy as hell, I literally took no hits on replaying it.
After dying several times to normal enemies.  Mostly the shieldfey with darts, or whatever.  Rolling takes some practice, but boobwitch telegraphs everything clearly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17514 on: June 27, 2016, 11:02:11 pm »

The game auto-saved while I was sitting in the turret of a burning Humvee. Fortunately, the situation was not unrecoverable, but it took a few tries.

ARMA.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17515 on: June 27, 2016, 11:11:08 pm »

The game auto-saved while I was sitting in the turret of a burning Humvee. Fortunately, the situation was not unrecoverable, but it took a few tries.

ARMA.
For some reason I can't stop laughing at your posts about ArmA 1. I've played Arma 2 and OFP and loved them both, but that game sounds... demonic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17516 on: June 27, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »

It really is. I can't find any good-looking custom missions, and I haven't checked but I just know the multiplayer scene is dead as a doornail.

I mean, I'm going to keep playing it because I desperately want a game that lives up to the high standard (and nostalgia) set by OFP. But I'm not sure the missions are ever going to improve in quality.

Oh god, I just got nostalgic for an old version of America's Army. I remember that older versions of AA had pretty strong simulation elements, despite the latest version looking like Call of Duty.

I remember in the single-player tutorial of the version I played, you could shoot your instructor and be sent to prison. Now that's something you'd never see in AA today.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:50:35 pm by itisnotlogical »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17517 on: June 28, 2016, 12:28:09 am »

I looked at a mirror.

Drop-dead gorgeous, hm?  ;P
Seriously, though, you look much nicer than you think you look.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17518 on: June 28, 2016, 12:30:33 am »

I looked at a mirror.

Seriously, though, you look much nicer than you think you look.
That was genius.
Yeah, TBF is correct.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17519 on: June 28, 2016, 12:40:54 am »

Sometimes it's better not to reflect on a few things.
These puns are terrible. I hope you both look back at this moment as a valuable lesson, where you got to stare at the awfulness of puns directly in the face, and realize that making puns looks like a poor reflector of a person's character when seen in hindsight.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 ... 1575