Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373438 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17400 on: June 12, 2016, 08:21:55 am »

I can't really run the game well enough to enjoy it. Or to contribute and defend myself once the particle effects start flying.

Overwatch, which I mooched off a friend's account. I'm frankly amazed by the animation in this game, it looks like a Pixar movie.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:02 pm »

I did that thing where I spent 10 minutes creating a character and then died before saving. Again.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

The number of times I've started the game over at this point is easily in the millions. I don't think I've ever even reached level 10, either.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: June 12, 2016, 01:11:15 pm »

Took on Khezu again. I think I almost beat him when a red khezu popped up out of nowhere and ruined my day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't think I've ever even reached level 10, either.
The easiest way to level is if you go and sleep in graveyards all the time, ideally with the ability to cast an invisibility spell. Sleep in a graveyard, shank whatever shows up, take the loot, repeat. Once you outgrow the graveyard monsters you can try sleeping in the forest instead.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: June 12, 2016, 01:30:05 pm »

Took on Khezu again. I think I almost beat him when a red khezu popped up out of nowhere and ruined my day.
I don't think I've ever even reached level 10, either.
The easiest way to level is if you go and sleep in graveyards all the time, ideally with the ability to cast an invisibility spell. Sleep in a graveyard, shank whatever shows up, take the loot, repeat. Once you outgrow the graveyard monsters you can try sleeping in the forest instead.
Yeah, I tried doing that once, but I decided not to because it felt cheaty. It's not really a matter of me not being able to get there so much as me constantly either getting bored with my characters or experiencing Unfortunate Mistakes which force me to restart (accidentally corrupting my hard drive, accodentally overwriting the wrong save, et cetera)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: June 12, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »

Ah, I see. I always thought the early-game was boring and instead would take cross-country graverobbing trips to get to the fun part.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: June 12, 2016, 04:22:58 pm »

Ah, I see. I always thought the early-game was boring and instead would take cross-country graverobbing trips to get to the fun part.
What's the fun part like? I usually just ran around stabbing people to join the Dark Brotherhood.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: June 12, 2016, 04:27:17 pm »

For me, it's getting my magic up really high to use the really destructive spells and getting my Speed, Agility, and Running/Jumping/Climbing skills up so I can pretend to play Assassin's Creed.

The latter amounts to climbing up a building and trying to jump from rooftop to rooftop, possibly swinging around your weapon for no good reason and occasionally failing to do spinny almost-freerunning tricks. Slowfall is cheating but mandatory if you actually killed somebody.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:27:31 pm by Tawa »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: June 12, 2016, 09:13:24 pm »

let's be real

i only play daggerfall to start up the halt train
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: June 12, 2016, 09:51:33 pm »

I was playing a tengu air elementalist and I just entered an oriflame with the spear theme. I saw a large group of orcs and thought it would be a good idea to simply charged in there in order to use static discharge... against guys wielding spears.

I promptly became a shish-kabob
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: June 12, 2016, 10:02:31 pm »

Natives, natives everywhere.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: June 12, 2016, 11:34:22 pm »

Started playing this game again. Apparently, taking like a week off hasn't actually unfocussed my dodging chakras too much. I got all the way to the Stage 5 midboss[Again], with a record two lives. Generally, I take advantage of dialogue to adjust my hair or my glasses or my headphones. But apparently the dialogue with KNOIFE MAID goes by real quick. And I got caught with one hand in my headphones and my hair. I ended up knocking the headphones off in my haste to regain the controls. I recovered[Minus two lives] and actually managed to survive until her spell sign[By using all my bombs]. KNOIFE MAID proceeded to reveal that she had time powers and knoife-blitzed me to death.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: June 13, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

I swear that more bullets spawn immediately after she un-freezes time, just to fuck with you.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: June 13, 2016, 06:54:11 am »

Most of them spawn while time is frozen, and I think more come from off-screen. In later parts of the battle, some of them will loop across to the opposite side of the screen instead of disappearing when they go off the screen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: June 13, 2016, 03:13:38 pm »

poland declared war on me and i wasnt ready, i guess i just lose

wow this sure is fun

why do i even bother playing civ when losing is this shitty and unfun

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: June 13, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »

poland declared war on me and i wasnt ready, i guess i just lose

wow this sure is fun

why do i even bother playing civ when losing is this shitty and unfun

Take whatever standing military you have and make a fighting retreat. If you can inflict casualties, good. If not just concentrate on slowing them down. If you are heavily outnumbered go to full wartime production. Take whatever trade deals you can and just get as much instant gold as possible. Use this to upgrade defensive structures and buy units If you have little military concentrate on ranged, and garrison those in your cities. If there are any city states on the border bribe them to ally with you.  If you are early in the game and none of this is possible then just target what little artillery Poland has with suicide attacks. If you have any upgrades at all you can hold out all day against warriors and spearmen. If this is late game and you have no standing military, no resources to trade, and no defensive structures, then you have seriously messed up somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:31:54 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 1575