Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369259 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17295 on: May 28, 2016, 07:51:43 pm »

Killed Big Dog with a splinter pistol, but was running low on bolt ammo. I saw that he dropped a flare gun, so I thought I'd grab it to replace my wrench. Once I walked over, an assassin ambushed me, I hit it with my wrench, and I get shot by a robot sniper before my wrench can reload to deflect the shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:54:08 pm by Egan_BW »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: May 28, 2016, 11:58:46 pm »

Killed Big Dog with a splinter pistol, but was running low on bolt ammo. I saw a that he dropped a flare gun, so I thought I'd grab it to replace my wrench. Once I walked over, an assassin ambushed me, I hit it with my wrench, and I get shot by a robot sniper before my wrench can reload to deflect the shot.

Oh the horrors.

Society has become so consumerist that wrenches need to be reloaded before they can be reused? Shit's like Brave New World, except many times more violent (maybe not with the end...)

I tried to feed on the TV guy in his apartment. It didn't work the first time, but I got him on the second try. I killed him, there were no cameras, no police, nobody else in the entire rest of the building. Hell, I even got a Masquerade redemption for killing him, since he was the only one that saw me feeding.

And yet, somehow, the police were waiting for me just outside the apartments, with pistols and shotguns at the ready. Damn you, psychic police!

VTM:B.

Sounds like one of those games.

One of THOSE games.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: May 29, 2016, 03:15:39 am »

Killed Big Dog with a splinter pistol, but was running low on bolt ammo. I saw a that he dropped a flare gun, so I thought I'd grab it to replace my wrench. Once I walked over, an assassin ambushed me, I hit it with my wrench, and I get shot by a robot sniper before my wrench can reload to deflect the shot.

Ah, the horrors of robot snipers in 3-3.  Move at 90 degree angles like a bullfighter :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: May 29, 2016, 09:53:11 am »

Pretty much finished the full run of this game.
Spoiler: Pretty real spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: May 29, 2016, 11:25:29 am »

Grabbed an explosive barrel to throw at the boss.  It turns out enemy gunfire can explode red barrels too.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: May 29, 2016, 12:04:47 pm »

Grabbed an explosive barrel to throw at the boss.  It turns out enemy gunfire can explode red barrels too.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

That is poetic. The number of times a gamer has shot red barrels to kill enemies, and now thy danger their own back. Glorious.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: May 29, 2016, 12:29:40 pm »

Could be worse. The original had those metal crates clearly marked "TNT" and created an explosion powerful enough to vaporize a military assault bot(and other things) when put down too hard(despite actual TNT being far more stable than that).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: May 29, 2016, 06:55:27 pm »

I had my very first PvP encounter. It went as well as expected.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: May 29, 2016, 08:40:04 pm »

Could be worse. The original had those metal crates clearly marked "TNT" and created an explosion powerful enough to vaporize a military assault bot(and other things) when put down too hard(despite actual TNT being far more stable than that).

I remember a website calling those crates "Boom".

Here it is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: May 29, 2016, 09:59:26 pm »

I have been in love with that website since before he posted Thief 2.  My favorite "LPer", long before I had any idea there was a "scene".  And it's very different normal LPs, actually just a walkthrough that shows how to hilariously defy the developer's intent.  Even the Ultima ones are great, and I've never even played those...

Death:  I was leading the Sisters of Battle against the uh, presumably tainted, Imperial Guard.  Unused to the units, I was mainly using Seraphim squads.  They have jetpacks like assault marines, but uh...  no swords, just regular bolters.  Still they made quick work of infantry, and their melta-bomb-like action ability made short work of Imperial sentinels (AT-STs).  It was rather slow going, but I destroyed their across-the-map artillery and a lot infantry/sentinel bases along the west edge.  The jetpacks were helpful for intercepting Baneblade shipments, too.

But as the alert level rose they started fielding waves of ogryns and gunships.  And tanks, lots of tanks.  I took out two BAAAANEBLAAAADES, and was going to finally summon a living saint, when my strategic points started decaying.

That map has very few strategic points, just saying >:

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: May 29, 2016, 10:36:15 pm »

One of the first LPs I watched was a Resident Evil one. I have no idea what the guy's name was, only that he was eating really loudly for like an entire 20-minute video in one. He had pretty good delivery, just not a very great personality.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17306 on: May 30, 2016, 12:33:52 am »

Shanked by a magical maid who fills the whole screen with knives.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: May 30, 2016, 12:52:30 am »

If it's like 7 (and I think almost every Touhou) it's a small dot at about the center.  In 7, it's the white dot that appears if you focus (hold shift or something to slow down and change your shot style).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: May 30, 2016, 01:10:35 am »

Rolling, flipping through the air, vaulting off walls, sliding, weapon slashing, casting invis, basically everything in my goddamn power to stay alive and beat out the mission timer, so my teammates could rez and finish the mission alive so they could earn the rewards. There was so much damage flying around and the Hyenas and the Bursas capable of pretty much one-shotting me, I was in constant motion at top speed for like 3 minutes trying to stay up. Falling off ledges and respawning at a dead standstill is eventually what ended me as dozens and dozens of enemies poured fire on me as I recovered.

Luckily, I'd bought my team enough time they only had to stay alive for like a minute to win the mission rewards. It was like the 3rd time for the night I'd pulled the last man standing routine.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: May 30, 2016, 01:12:34 am »

If it's like 7 (and I think almost every Touhou) it's a small dot at about the center.  In 7, it's the white dot that appears if you focus (hold shift or something to slow down and change your shot style).

6 doesn't show your hitbox when you focus, although there's a patch that changes that. None of the games before 6 did either.

Tip: Get grazes, by getting as close to the bullets as possible without actually being hit. They're a pretty nice source of points at the end of a level, especially on easy bosses like Rumia that shoot tons of bullets but are incredibly easy to dodge. 1-ups are invaluable.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1574