Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369445 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17190 on: May 15, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »

HL3 should just be a huge surfing map
Hopefully it will be worth the weight.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17191 on: May 15, 2016, 12:42:05 pm »

HL3 should just be a huge surfing map
Hopefully it will be worth the weight.
I have no idea why I laugh so hard whenever someone says that, but I do.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #17192 on: May 15, 2016, 12:54:42 pm »

Fluffy wambler  to the head

Dwarf fortress

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: May 15, 2016, 03:03:24 pm »

Dwarf fortress

Truly, the fluffy wambler is the bane of gods.

Out of curiosity, who threw it?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: May 15, 2016, 03:23:00 pm »

I just wanted a chicken dinner.

Guild Wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #17195 on: May 15, 2016, 05:30:18 pm »

Dwarf fortress

Truly, the fluffy wambler is the bane of gods.

Out of curiosity, who threw it?
Agreed, it was thrown by a angry custommade creayure of mine (cenia)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: May 15, 2016, 06:28:02 pm »

A Lifestealer convinces me to lane with him as an Earthshaker  This is not a lane I wanted to do but I agree to it anyway.  Not only are LS and ES both melee, but they're both characters that oriented towards getting kills if they're already winning the lane, but with no particularly strong tools to get to that point.  Worst of all tho we're up against a Jugg, who's sick spins make him immune to our stuns and slows while damaging us because we both have to stand next to him to do damage.  A storm spirit was helping the Jugg and kept lassoing me whenever I tried to go in.

We got pretty much trashed.  I did OK in the end but we had a terrible laning phase and Lifestealer never amounted to much.  But my entire team was so positive about everything.  After we died repeatedly in lane Lifestealer told me that he thinks Earthshaker "is the best support", which would explain why he wanted to lane with me.  Even when everyone gave up hope they didn't throw out blame they just complimented the other team for being better.  I came out of the game feeling better about life, which isn't the usual result of losing DOTA.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: May 15, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »

Tried to sequence break, accidentally fell off a fishing boat.

Tried to get a stealth achievement, ended up falling into an occupied toilet.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: May 15, 2016, 10:09:48 pm »

EDIT: Forum derped, ignore.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: May 16, 2016, 11:09:22 am »

So much death on my first time going through the boat level in Hard Mode. Took me almost an hour. That one floor is just sadistic.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17200 on: May 16, 2016, 01:04:47 pm »

So, I started a game of Distant Worlds... with 35 empires.... with abundant independent colonies, able to start their own empires... with 'many' pirates in prewarp age.  (Oh jah, the number of pirate factions is just astronomical.... since the number seems to also be scaled to how many empires there are in the game.)

Game ran smoothly, I stayed the heck out of getting into any mutual defense pacts.

Galactic War 1 starts once just about everyone got into the warp age.  There is probably +50 different empires now.  The galactic news spam is epic, it took like 10 minutes to run through the messages while also slowing the game down.
Of course, still being pretty tame, since tech was fairly low.

By the time Galactic War 2 and 3 rolled around, it was worse, effectively halted my game for half-hour.  Technically my game died, cause it'll probably be even worse late game, in a different way. 
Now have to limit myself on how big of a game I could play, which I was already doing actually.

EDIT: Generally just playing as a neutral trading empire who has many pirates on payroll.  Though, I did eat up nearby empires who don't have any friends...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:16:37 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17201 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:03 pm »

Damn, that sounds like fun. I didn't even know you could start with that many empires.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17202 on: May 16, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »

Damn, that sounds like fun. I didn't even know you could start with that many empires.
Oh, its cause I downloaded a mod that added a whole ton of different races.  Starfall (from the matrixgames forum)  I could definitely add even more starting empires... if my cpu was capable of it.  Was running into memory problems when saving/loading in a +45 empire / colony empires / 'many' pirate game I was trying out...  (Also didn't want to close out all my web browser tabs to free up memory...)

Technically, the game's limitation seems to be # of individual races = max # of empires.  You probably need a pretty beefy cpu to run that many different empires/pirates...

Will probably go for 25-30 empires with 'normal' amount of pirates, I'll still allow independents to raise the empire flag.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17203 on: May 16, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »

I didn't really care for TNT: Evilution when I first played it some years ago, and it really does not stand up. There's a room in the third level that's kinda like the ending of E1 in Doom, where you're teleported to a big room full of monsters that you couldn't possibly survive... except you're expected to beat it.

TNT: Evilution, which is an official Doom add-on. It was quite controversial back in the day.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17204 on: May 16, 2016, 07:34:42 pm »

A very long dungeon dive when the only character is a fire mage with very little health and no defense and is at half the level the dungeon expects. I get stun-locked while getting air-juggled by a pair of man-sized rats, unable to finish casting a spell that would hurt them and give me some room. My last save(which was from the closest save point, it took me that long to get there) was about 20 minutes ago.

Pages: 1 ... 1145 1146 [1147] 1148 1149 ... 1574