Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369439 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17175 on: May 12, 2016, 09:56:35 pm »

I think a 6 would mean rolling off a cliff
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: May 13, 2016, 11:42:42 am »

Okay I know the Burlust Warlords are essentially Klingons, or even ORKS, but seriously what the hell.
First off, they apparently spend their pre-FTL time constructing a massive armada of their ugly red warships.  The instant they get the tech, they glue it on, and BAM they have significantly more fleet strength than the rest of the system *combined*.
Not even counting the Warlord's personal longship, a behemoth that can withstand months of sustained fire and single-handedly danmaku an entire battlefield.

The instant they escaped their atmosphere, I challenged that thing to to a duel (they absolutely will not join you until you've slain one of their prime warlords).  They didn't even have basic laser technology, and yet the damn thing just launched SO MANY ROCK(ets).  Each hit nearly shattered my shields, too, even when I gave them full power.  But I learned its pattern, and was outmaneuvering it...

It switched firing patterns while I was mid-maneuver, hitting me with a javelin-like projectile which pierced my shields and one-hit my hull.  After like 100 turns (my Evuck flagship didn't have any weapon to counter their armor (scattergun doesn't count)).  HOW THOUGH

Anyway I eventually finished rebuilding, came back and won.  Fast forward a few months and I'm trying to whittle down their fleet so they'll join the Federation.  And their ships are just *so dumb*.  One of their flagships can only shoot straight ahead.  One of the destroyers basically doesn't shoot, it's just a blob of armor.

And there are just so many of them.  Particularly their fighters.  I was using a precursor energy-nova to keep the projectiles back for just a second, trying to bring my shields back up, and a swarm of fighters flew right in and fired their torpedoes point-blank.  AAAAAGH

Even the Thoraxians (hivemind xenomorphs) aren't this dangerous!  I shudder to think what would happen if they had *any technology to speak of*.  Oh and they're amazing at ground combat too, obviously.

The Last Federation
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: May 13, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »

Third form of the final boss, was reliant on getting a Null Action to proc. It didn't; even if it seemed like it proc'ed in the form previous to it. Ass kicked. Went back to potatoes to get stronker.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: May 13, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »

Restarted file. Recruited LaShawndra, accidentally made her hostile. Recruited Chad and Doris... accidentally made them hostile. Lost interest.

Dead Rising 2
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: May 13, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »

I still haven't tracked down the dark area in my quarry/fortress/town/mine that keeps spawning all these monsters. It's completely lit, covered in torches from top to bottom, but it still spawns creepers, and those creepers still blow me over the edge once in a while.

Minecraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: May 13, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »

If you install Not Enough Items, you can see spawning areas with F7.
She/they

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: May 13, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »

Actually managed to kill Pikachu the first time, but Solaire got toasted right after Snorlax Mega Evolved.

Then the fucking butt-slam. Why this.

Dark Souls
Black lives matter.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: May 13, 2016, 04:35:57 pm »

Was busy (very) prosecuting a war against a Federation far away from my own borders.  Its a harsh galaxy out there, we have only 1 ally, an obnoxious reptilian race who dont much like us or the way we do things, but were weak once in the past which allowed me to maneuver them into my powerbloc.  Still I need them, the friendship lets me demilitarize huge swathes of border and exert my will on the surrounding volumes.  And will I have in spades, I'm more than a match for the other Empires, and even most coalitions.

I succeed through a blitzkrieg-style strike to cut the enemy faction into two (they are not even the real target, the Unbidden have popped behind them, its for their own good longrun...I need access to the greater threat)

Right as I establish a path that will let me begin this second operation phase up pops the Rogue AI crisis, machine-independence is a go!  Not good, not good.  Both require my immediate intervention.  My own synths have full citizenship rights, but that wont stop them rebelling eventually now that AI has declared sovereign independence.  I turn to my ally....

Really dude?  Its him thats lost grip on his synths and half his worlds. Im positioned more or less center of the galaxy with an Asimovian nightmare brewing behind me, my fleet is engaged far from the core worlds with the Energy Beings.  The Federation grabs this opportunity to find its second wind....

Neither of the galactic threats seem to interest the federals and my Hegemony implodes violently quick under a combined storm of pretty much the entire threat-spectrum.
I wind up as vassal to one of the Feds and watch impotent as the AI and Unbidden tag-team every organic in the galaxy to end up with about half each.

Death of all native sentience.

(Stellaris)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:38:31 pm by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: May 13, 2016, 05:11:00 pm »

A Lifestealer convinces me to lane with him as an Earthshaker  This is not a lane I wanted to do but I agree to it anyway.  Not only are LS and ES both melee, but they're both characters that oriented towards getting kills if they're already winning the lane, but with no particularly strong tools to get to that point.  Worst of all tho we're up against a Jugg, who's sick spins make him immune to our stuns and slows while damaging us because we both have to stand next to him to do damage.  A storm spirit was helping the Jugg and kept lassoing me whenever I tried to go in.

We got pretty much trashed.  I did OK in the end but we had a terrible laning phase and Lifestealer never amounted to much.  But my entire team was so positive about everything.  After we died repeatedly in lane Lifestealer told me that he thinks Earthshaker "is the best support", which would explain why he wanted to lane with me.  Even when everyone gave up hope they didn't throw out blame they just complimented the other team for being better.  I came out of the game feeling better about life, which isn't the usual result of losing DOTA.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: May 14, 2016, 11:52:28 pm »

I'm fighting Ornstein and Smough the first time without Solaire and it's going well despite my complete and utter fear to ever attack Ornstein.
Until my controller
fucking
DIES.

Fuck you.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: May 14, 2016, 11:53:51 pm »

I don't think the game is called "Fuck you", no matter how many people call it that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: May 14, 2016, 11:57:53 pm »

Clearly I'm not in the mood to state the game, which is quite obvious anyway considering how much I post about it on this thread.
Black lives matter.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: May 15, 2016, 07:05:09 am »

I'm fighting Ornstein and Smough the first time without Solaire and it's going well despite my complete and utter fear to ever attack Ornstein.
Until my controller
fucking
DIES.

Fuck you.
THANKS OBAMA
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: May 15, 2016, 07:09:57 am »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17189 on: May 15, 2016, 09:26:28 am »

I kinda liked the one room with the crates early on, and some of the Xen spacejumping was good fun, but it was otherwise bothersome :/

The worst, though: you remember the elevator shaft you have to climb up? The one with the scientist-falling setpiece? I spent a good twenty minutes dicking around in there because of the wonky ladder physics. It was almost cathartic going through there a second time on my Hard playthrough and doing the whole thing in one shot.
HL3 should just be a huge surfing map

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 1574