Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369484 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16995 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:55 pm »

Seconds away from the finish line and with two races left to go, in a 16 race tournament...
The power went out, my TV shut down, my WiiU shut down, and all the lights shut down.

I went from third overall to 9th overall as a result. The tourny was over by the time I got power back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22:38 am »

Click the image above. Now aside from that you know what happened right after? I sent a catcher as far back as I could. Had to go for it with 2+. Roll: 1. Reroll. Roll ok. Send another catcher. Another go for it, again 2+. Again... 1. I apologized to my opponent and quit.

EDIT: forgot to mention that was the kickoff event "some players get stunned"

Bloodbowl 2.
Dude that's nothing.  I had a lizardman team.  I once had a match that resulted in 3 deaths and 4 bad injuries.   And before you start thinking "yea skinks are flimsy, they die all the time" all of the deaths were saurians high level ones too including a blodger.  One of the severe injuries was my Krox.  Saurians and Krox are MEANT to take hits.  I ended up finishing the match with only skinks left on the field, and only a handful at that.  Lost something like 6-0.   

And this wasn't a one off thing either.  This was after a string of high casualty matches for my side, mostly saurian taking the beatings.

I haven't touched the game since.  EDIT: Oh and that was AFTER apothecary use.  Yes I got FOUR instant death rolls that one match.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:25:56 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16997 on: April 28, 2016, 11:27:22 am »

Something bugged out, allowing an army to phase through a wall. I just wanted to play a relaxing game, HD why do you do this. Unit pathing OP.

AoE II HD.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: April 28, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »

-snop-
Dark Souls.

The Dark Souls death *I* most recently had was due to the undead dragon in the Valley of the Drakes. I had a fairly high-level character and decided to attack it head-on instead of playing hit-and-run with its claw. It then proceeded to stunlock me. Perfectly. The exact instant I got up was the exact moment I got hit with the other claw and knocked down again. No room for acting, even if I was way quicker then I was.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: April 29, 2016, 06:49:54 am »

Monsters are stupid and overpowered. It's kind of ridiculous when all of them have Counter, which seems to operate on an "if I feel like it" basis.

I mean, I only figured out how to change jobs and learn abilities after the third battle, so it's kind of my fault that my guys are underpowered and shitty and have tons of JP in Squire. But still!

Final Fantasy Tactics.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: April 29, 2016, 12:30:56 pm »

Everyone loved chief Firstborn (so named because he was the first and only child of the previous king). He united Ruthenia, brought the slavic faith to the modern age, and was a really cool guy all around.
Then he died, and his son inherited the throne...
aaaa has declared Ruthenian Revolt!
gggg has decalred Ruthenian Revolt!

Did I mention that the last thing chief Firstborn did was bring the country to Medium Tribal Organization, removing the very powerful 'call tribal vassals' ability?

Crusader Kings 2
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:22:16 pm by Lukewarm »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: April 29, 2016, 02:40:48 pm »

Tell us the name of the game or else meteors
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: April 29, 2016, 06:30:46 pm »

Monsters are stupid and overpowered. It's kind of ridiculous when all of them have Counter, which seems to operate on an "if I feel like it" basis.

I mean, I only figured out how to change jobs and learn abilities after the third battle, so it's kind of my fault that my guys are underpowered and shitty and have tons of JP in Squire. But still!

Final Fantasy Tactics.
Earlygame?  Yes, monsters are strong and hard to fight.   Mostly thanks to counter.
Late, or even midgame?   lololololol.   Really only certain monsters stay a threat, and those ones either A] Constantly run away and heal when low hp causing trouble when time is an issue (like, say when you have dying people and noone able to rez) B] Hit like trucks and have tons of HP. or C] have a multihit move that in the right conditions can easily break damage limit. (I recall one shoting the last boss with one)

Fortunately of those only A regularly shows up in random battles.  B only show up on a single random battle map and maybe 1 or 2 story missions.  and C only show up on very specific optional story fights.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:38:02 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: April 29, 2016, 06:49:19 pm »

Is there any rule to when counter does or does not trigger, or is it random chance? At first I thought it could only happen once after their turn rolled around, but then sometimes it seems they're able to do it three or more times in a row.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: April 29, 2016, 07:27:45 pm »

Random % chance based on Bravery stat. Most reaction skills use Bravery, an notable exception being Weapon Guard or whatever it is. That one simply adds the character's weapon's Defense%(the only time this stat is relevant) to the character's dodge chance similar to a shield(and stacks with shield and cloak).

I don't know the exact formulas for reaction skills, though. I think Counter Tackle activates more often then Counter. Blade Grasp adds the character's Bravery to dodge chance. But for the most part the character's Bravery is the baseline for the activation chance for reaction skills.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: April 29, 2016, 08:04:03 pm »

Currently, I'm slowly dying from a wasting disease known as my-pc-doesnt-run-dark-souls-3-itis, additionally the process is only being quickened by my I-dont-have-the-money-to-justify-buying-either-dark-souls-3-or-a-new-gaming-laptop-itis. I have around 8 months.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: April 29, 2016, 09:05:06 pm »

You have much worse luck with them than me. I've been using gaming laptops for...about 6 or 7 years now. Haven't had any problems.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17007 on: April 29, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »

Holy shit, nobody was kidding about the Capra Demon. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make its arena so goddamn small?!
I didn't even know that was the boss fog (light?) at the time.

Dark Souls
Black lives matter.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: April 29, 2016, 09:42:12 pm »

God, everytime I boot up the game I forget that it's just COD:Cyborgs Edition
It's not a BAD game, but it would be infinitely better if it was more like TF2 or maybe Overwatch.

Ghost in the Shell: First Assault Online

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: April 29, 2016, 09:44:55 pm »

I died of infection after having my left eye ripped out by a megaspider.

Rimworld.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1574