Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369641 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16980 on: April 25, 2016, 03:15:36 pm »

Got tired of Miku beating me, so I challenged Luka instead. Turns out the only difference between her and Miku is that Luka is less smug when she wins.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What exactly is this? From the demo I thought it was just a rhythm game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: April 25, 2016, 04:03:22 pm »

The demo only has two songs from the rhythm game. But there's a few other minigames, plus various "houses" that you can decorate. It seems mostly a "virtual pet" type of game, with your pets being the same characters used for the famous Vocaloid program: Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, KAITO, and MEIKO. And yes, those last two are always capitalized for some reason(and they sound exactly alike, too).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: April 25, 2016, 04:39:59 pm »

It totally is. So glad it got ported, so glad I decided to get it. DD:DA is pretty much the fantasy RPG I've been looking for all my life. If they made a sequel that was the same thing but with more content and updated graphics, I'd drop $120 on that without a second of hesitation.

Just wait until you get into the ending bits, it only gets better.

I was already spoiled, I know.  :P

Just sad that the Solar armor stops working.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:26 pm »

Click the image above. Now aside from that you know what happened right after? I sent a catcher as far back as I could. Had to go for it with 2+. Roll: 1. Reroll. Roll ok. Send another catcher. Another go for it, again 2+. Again... 1. I apologized to my opponent and quit.

EDIT: forgot to mention that was the kickoff event "some players get stunned"

Bloodbowl 2.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:35:35 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16984 on: April 25, 2016, 08:58:55 pm »

Bloodbowl's randomness makes me really hate it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: April 25, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »

I was in a depressurizing walkway on a space station. Then I was in a car crash. Then I was in a solar flair. Then I got a mindvirus and died. Then I got shot by some random person with invisibility technology.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16986 on: April 25, 2016, 09:38:35 pm »

To be fair, there's a reason you got slaughtered by that event... but sadly BB2 doesn't show the reason.
Spoiler: Reason (click to show/hide)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: April 25, 2016, 10:53:02 pm »

Didn't die, but still really unhappy about it:

Just putting the finishing touches on a really solid lower-body chassis for a two-legged walker, it's taken a hell of a long time to make it mechanically sound and good looking (five hours or so.)  delete an armor wedge so the hip actuator has some extra play, and the whole thing just blows up, no rhyme or reason, just kaboom, kiss your last several hours of work goodbye.  I should have a save from around half an hour ago, so it's not a total loss, but dear hells is it infuriating.

Space Engineers, creative mode.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16988 on: April 26, 2016, 02:22:58 am »

I was in a depressurizing walkway on a space station. Then I was in a car crash. Then I was in a solar flair. Then I got a mindvirus and died. Then I got shot by some random person with invisibility technology.

It sounded like SS13 for a bit. I mean, depressurising walkways happens all the time, MULEBOT, I got nothin for the solar flair, Virology on SS13 is terrible. And Ninja antag, woo!
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: April 26, 2016, 04:59:49 am »

There were some things you have to swing on. I have no idea what it is that make Blaze grab on to them, and the game really doesn't give you very many attempts to figure it out before you game-over and have to do the level again.

Sonic Rush. I'm stuck on Blaze's first level, Sonic's second one.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16990 on: April 26, 2016, 05:20:17 am »

Real life: Laser tag in a paintball arena edition.

After utterly ganking the Blue team in 'Running the Gauntlet', setting a new record of 23 seconds, we got utterly ganked as we fought our way uphill into a bank to steal the loot, all while respawning with 1HP (one hit and you have to respawn again) with the movable respawn point staying in the open (The Ref said we weren't allowed to move it). Queue a couple of minutes of spawnkill until I said 'Fuck it' and moved the respawn point. The opposing team all had 10HP each but couldn't respawn.

I was Red Team's captain. We had callsigns for everyone too, I was 'Hornet' because I am a massive pain in the butt. We had 'Twinkle-Toes' who had set the record of Gauntlet at 23 Seconds.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: April 26, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »

OOPS

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:38 am »

Those stupid water blob enemies. You have to hit them in a very small, moving spot in order to actually destroy them... in a game where your attacks automatically track to the center of mass, and cannot be manually aimed. I presume some platforms or enemies to bounce off of were supposed to appear once I destroyed one of these blob enemies... but I couldn't because of the aforementioned issues.

And people say this is the good one of the Sonic Adventure series?

Sonic Adventure 2.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: April 27, 2016, 10:07:12 am »

I had just pulled a successful haul of a bookstore, by using identity scrolls until i found a teleportation scroll,reading it, and then digging down with my pickaxe.
i landed next to a fountain, so i took the opportunity to dip the useless light scrolls. when i dipped it, snakes pored forth, however one of my scolls as of taming so i tamed all seven water snakes
then i took some down with me to the "mall". when i entered a general store, i saw some sacks that i hoped was a bag of holding which i desperately needed for my stolen books, when a large mimic took the opportunity to reveal itself. i managed to hit it many times, but it won and i died

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:47 pm »

I thought the agreement with Taurus Demon was "I jump off the tower, stab him for insane damage, he backs off and the cycle repeats". Nope, not so. Sometimes, he just stands there and smashes me in an endless cycle of getting up only to get smacked again.

And then, on my way to the next attempt, I'm walking up the stairs to the tower, when I step on a ragdoll and suddenly my character is sliding off the stairs into the bottomless pit.

And after THAT, I'm walking across the bridge immediately after the bonfire. I try to target one of the hollows in the building ahead. Instead, I end up targeting a hollow above me to the left, causing me to walk off the bridge and die.

This game cheats.

Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:03:33 pm by itisnotlogical »
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134 1135 ... 1574