Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369849 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16920 on: April 19, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »

I married Lissa, primarily because I had accidentally raised my support level with Tharja to A and I really really wanted to get away from her. I didn't know that this would cause Morgan to start out as a healer. Completely unable to defend herself. Surrounded by enemies. On the opposite side of a cliff.

I didn't realize this at first, and she died on the first turn. Okay, what the fuck, I told myself. After 5 minutes of staring at the preparation screen I attempted to pull a trick where I would use Cordelia and Sumia to carry Lon'qu and Chrom to the other side of the cliff and protect her, but I couldn't move people in such a way that they could get all the way across the gap and position themselves just right to be able to wall the enemies away from her. I kept trying and trying in the hopes that the enemies would attack one of my units instead of charging straight into her, but it didn't work. On the hundredth try, Morgan was finally able to dodge one of the attacks and then activate Miracle on the second attack in order to not die.

She still died 99 times before she was able to live, so it goes here.

Fire Emblem Awakening.

FAKE EDIT: Also, I'm going to buy FE Fates: Conquest. I've heard it's wicked hard, so I decided to rise to the challenge, but I'm still going to preemptively mention it here.
That is an impressive level of "why did the devs allow that to happen?"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16921 on: April 19, 2016, 02:59:02 pm »

I married Lissa
Forget about your daughter, go find your son. His sword hand hungers.

Also, relevant.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16922 on: April 19, 2016, 07:22:56 pm »

I married Lissa
Forget about your daughter, go find your son. His sword hand hungers.

Also, relevant.

image snip
I don't get it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16923 on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:57 pm »

The guy on the left is Garon, the king of Nohr, the country that you side with in Conquest and your adoptive father. The gal on the right is Mikoto, the queen of Hoshido, the country that you side with in Birthright and your biological mother. Hoshido is glorious nippon that fights for peace and a brighter future with gorillion fold lightning katanas and magic laser bows, while Nohr is morally grey comically evil medieval Europe who fights for glory and loot with superpowered tree magic and boobs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16924 on: April 20, 2016, 03:13:35 am »

In Virmire I
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I romanced Kaidan on accident. And it nearly happened again, now that I'm playing the second game. It's too bad that, so far, all the options for femshep have been... not my favorites, to say the least.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16925 on: April 20, 2016, 03:42:54 am »

In Virmire I

I romanced Kaidan on accident. And it nearly happened again, now that I'm playing the second game. It's too bad that, so far, all the options for femshep have been... not my favorites, to say the least.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16926 on: April 20, 2016, 04:08:48 am »

As a pacifist I ended up being the cause of many many deaths on the station as a result of a mental breakdown. Never underestimate a pacifist resomi with a bootknife, ended up killing a total of 5 people with the weakest 'weapon' in the game (it's so weak that there are no restriction in the custom loadout, you can take this thing as a /doctor/.) Medical intern mentally broke down after being attacked by a tajaran (cat) (for context my resomi's entire pack was brutally murdered, hence his pacifism), eventually becoming hell-bent on revenge and enslaving the cat's soul into something forced to kill for him.

Then the AI was a dick and vented the station.

SS13 (Baystation12)
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: April 20, 2016, 04:20:26 am »

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:24:02 am by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: April 20, 2016, 04:29:09 am »

Thats a watery defention of pacifist.

Did bay12 get more sheanigans friendly since i last played (like a year ago?).

For ss13 I still only wish for a server with 1 big rule: if you directly kill anyone as non antag, you get temp-banned for 5-minutes. Jail, space-locker-weld, kidnapping or elaborate death trap all still work, but laser in the face-kill gets punished. Allows for shenanigans, but stops the uncreative griefers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:30:46 am by ThtblovesDF »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: April 20, 2016, 07:23:54 am »

It was a slow and painful grind that started with a botched invasion of a small island that had some gold on it. I fgured, they're small, shouldn't be much of an issue, and then I ran into a 1200 strong army with my measly 800 one, the fight was rather nasty as they had the terrain advantage too and my daimyo died then and there. It was a setback I thought, but as I'm rebuilding my troops and waiting for a fucking general to a appear, a clan twice my size decides they don't like my face existing. So now I have a 1500+ stack of doom with two generals and a daimyo in it (so good luck with sabotage and bribery I guess). Shortly afterwards another big clan declares war, but they're kinda far away, so they resort to murdering all my trade ships with their giant samurai fleet.
At this point I had rebuilt most of my army with some better troops, and had lost one of my provinces, so I figure, the island is a safe bet, if I take that they probably won't go for it on account of my strong navy guarding it. Wanna know what the island folk were doing while I was gone for a couple of years? Breeding soldiers, and arrows, lots and lots and lots of both. Like, 2000 men army against my invasion force of slightly under a 1000. So I say fuck it, this is over and delete the save.

Edit:
Shogun 2, Rise of the Samurai campaign
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: April 20, 2016, 10:49:31 am »

I hadn't played for a while, so I was a bit rusty so I didn't make enough gateways, then I failed to make enough forward bases, then the zerg thought this was a good time to attack, so I was fighting about 62 zerglings(rough estimation)  with about 19 zealots(exact number), not all of which were at the same base at the time, so the zerg broke through my defenses and razed the nexus
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: April 20, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: April 20, 2016, 03:43:49 pm »

Freaking wannabe flexile and two manscorpion things keep killing me constantly. It's an issue when you gotta choose between a small confined space where dodging is hard or a large open space filled with water where dodging is really hard. These three fuckers are proving to be a bigger problem than the lost sinner herself. The one time I managed to actually get to her I got her to about three hits from dead.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: April 20, 2016, 05:09:06 pm »

I guess this counts. Happened yesterday.

Have one mural piece left before unlocking Primal Groudon. Since the majority of mural pieces for Primal Groudon's mural are apparently in the first half of the game areas, the only puzzle early on that has a mural piece left is Jirachi.

To unlock the piece, I needed to use a specific ability during that puzzle. The only Pokemon I have with that ability that can use it on a puzzle that size is, ironically, Groudon. I use the ability, and start clearing the puzzle.

...Then something goes horribly wrong, throws off the whole puzzle and the battery on my 3DS is nearly depleted because I forgot to plug it in the night before. All that effort wasted.

Worse, Groudon has a 30 hour cooldown. And worse still, the cooldown timer didn't start for some reason until this morning.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16934 on: April 20, 2016, 06:32:41 pm »

I don't like the Husks, they cheat. Fast melee enemies are not fun to fight when your character has controls for a relatively slow-paced cover shooter.

Mass Effect 2.
Pages: 1 ... 1127 1128 [1129] 1130 1131 ... 1574