Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370310 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16860 on: April 10, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

I wanted the Katana accessory from the first Ninja set, which is available via Miitomo Drop.

I tried three different drops; one to the left, one to the right, and one straight down the center.

I won three pairs of shuriken tabi socks.

Miitomo.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: April 10, 2016, 01:11:26 pm »

I barely beat a dark shrine room, had half a bullet of hp left. I go to open the chest and it turns out to be a fucking mimic :V

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16862 on: April 10, 2016, 05:45:33 pm »

Today I discovered that a single Lanius can drain the O2 from an entire starship, even with life support running, if you happen to leave the doors open.

Technically I haven't died yet, but I lost 6 out of seven non-Lanius crew before I figured out why the oxygen kept draining despite a lack of hull breaches and all airlock doors closed. I can't bring myself to finish the run now.

FTL: Faster Than Light
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16863 on: April 10, 2016, 05:54:55 pm »

Ah, fond memories of two-Lanius no-oxygen runs in (what else?) the Lanius cruiser. Max out doors and I'm damn near immune to boarders (except Lanius and drones), and I have some free power because I don't need O2. Finish the run.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: April 10, 2016, 06:16:19 pm »

I tried, but my ship was in poor shape and a massive missile managed to hit me at 90% Evade :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: April 10, 2016, 07:53:32 pm »

Very nearly captured a dreadnought, except that somehow half my marines just up and disappeared somewhere - and no, not onto the enemy ship.

Nearly killed one the lowest-leveled Hero enemy... except she seems to have an unlimited supply of repair items that bring her back up to full health(and you cannot board her ship). Had to bugger off once about a dozen other Imperial ships showed up.

Nearly captured a different dreadnought, except that after clearing the defenders and while securing the last deck, the last of my marines(both of them) decided to blow their own brains out instead. That's the only thing I can think of happening.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: April 10, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »

Got an arena-style room with minimal cover filled with chaingunners, hell knights, pinkies, and an archvile, which can only be accessed by a teleporter, which puts me surrounded by enemies. Surprisingly hard to teleport in and kill shit before the shit kills me. Especially with the archvile blasting undodgeable fire at me and re-animating anything I kill. That archvile fire is painful, yo.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16867 on: April 10, 2016, 10:59:23 pm »

Got caught squashed between a wall and a a pipe during a flappy-bird-clone section.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16868 on: April 10, 2016, 11:05:12 pm »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: April 11, 2016, 12:40:53 pm »

Eyes on Katana
Won some more candy and socks
Gosh freaking dang it

Miitomo
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: April 11, 2016, 07:11:03 pm »

I lost Frederick extremely early on because he got hit with a hammer.

Fire Emblem Awakening.

Kellam is my only heavily armored guy now. I'll have to make sure he wears padding.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: April 11, 2016, 07:16:03 pm »

You're doing an ironman run? Best of luck. I did that on accident my first time and had to grind my way out of it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16872 on: April 11, 2016, 08:29:32 pm »

Death by suffocation seems to be my big trend. My last two most aggravating deaths:

No Lanius crew, but a particularly intense battle saw my O2 down, doors destroyed, clone bay damaged in a battle amongst solar flares. I did an emergency jump out straight into another battle against a pirate who was getting absurdly lucky with fire weapons. As a consequence, it wasn't until half my ship was in vacuum that I realized that despite a now-working life support system my crew was slowly dying. Eventually I found the cause; the tile containing the cloning tank was breached. It was almost completely obscured by the cloning tank's sprite, and since the clone bay was only two tiles large I could only get a single dude in there to try and work on it. Turned out to be academic, as the fires brought my shields down and the enemy halberd beam quickly sliced me up.

My very last run was with the Mantis B. I had a full boarding party of 4 murderous bugs along with a support crew to man the ship, but only a couple of anti-ship weapons (one of which ran off of missiles which I had very few of). While fighting an auto-assault, I jumped two of my boarders over to destroy the other ship's shield generator so my conventional weapons could finish it off. I had an upgraded teleporter, which would allow me to snatch my bugs away just before they died of suffocation...at least in theory. What actually happened was that the auto-assault cloaked just a few frames before my teleporter's cooldown could finish, thus dooming half of my boarding party. I tried to continue on, only for a random event in the very next jump to kill a third mantis. Because I was heading towards the endgame and now lacked any way to win short of ludicrous evadehax on my part, I quit.

FTL: Faster Than Light.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: April 12, 2016, 02:56:41 pm »

Having just purchased Dark Souls 3, preemptively posting here.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16874 on: April 12, 2016, 03:17:18 pm »

Having just purchased Dark Souls 3, preemptively posting here.
*snrk*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1575