Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370548 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16785 on: March 31, 2016, 05:01:27 am »

Was doing the quest for Peryite to get Spellbreaker, and after running through the dungeon which went okay (even though I died a couple times to the hordes of dwemer machines), I come to the boss, Orchendor. This dude is a mage, which are always somewhat more annoying to fight than regular enemies. He's also somehow a huge fucking tank. And he heals himself. And he TELEPORTS. AND HE HAS 100% MAGIC RESISTANCE. Did I mention that I'm playing a mage? After enduring this complete bullshit for thirty minutes without any real progess, i just set his health to 1 with console commands. I wonder if I'll meet a boss who has 100% immunity to swords and arrows.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:04:17 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: March 31, 2016, 06:04:40 am »

Downloaded Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, patched it, set it to load. I was able to finish most of my homework AND make a sandwich, and it was still loading when I sat back down. I called it a lost cause.

Touhou: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil. Is this normal?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16787 on: March 31, 2016, 07:07:30 am »

SEVEN frickin' daughters...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: March 31, 2016, 07:10:28 am »

Got EOTSD to work. It runs at an unplayable *insert five-digit number* FPS, even when I tick "Force 60 FPS" in the options.

So I skipped ahead a bit and played Mountain of Faith. Having never been very good at shmups, I was promptly destroyed by the first boss, who has this really pretty red-and-blue pattern. It jerks forward twice and then slowly unravels, creating a 20-pixel-ish pathway that opens and closes every few seconds. Some day I WILL be able to get past the first stage without getting hit!

Touhou: Mountain of Faith.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16789 on: March 31, 2016, 04:14:37 pm »

Came across a survivor.  Not so friendly, they have a tec-9.  Tell me to drop my spear and bugger off before they kill me.  So I grab my lootcart (and grab a backup forked spear out of it and start leaving when they turn hostile and start chasing me.

They are faster than me so I ditch my cart and I end up having to run through some uncleared parts of town with the wannabe murderer following.  I'm pretty easily weaving past zombies  while the other guy decides to go the brute force route and shoot everything in his way.   There is now a horde in the area with each of us having the attention of our own sets of zombies.  I'm pretty much out of stamina and forced to make a stand behind some wreckage.  Stabbing what comes my way. 

My pursuer finishes off the wave that was after him, apparently with ammo for days, and takes some potshots at either me, or the zombies around me.  I dive through a house and manage to ditch most of the horde.  I assume since they can no longer see me he has become the horde's primary target. The gunfire eventually stops, but I don't want to mess with what's left of that horde and exit out the back... and find a tank drone practically adjacent to me.  With only half a bar of stamina and only the KNIFE SPEAR's slightly more stabby brother, I don't stand a chance.

Cataclysm DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: March 31, 2016, 06:59:32 pm »

Lost a war with Russia (well, got our battlewagons kicked 'round the East Sea, but our light armoured cruisers hammered their shipping right back leading to a status quo ante peace, but I count it as a loss), then got sacked a year later due to a few other humiliations delivered to our poor nation, in spite of arranging peaceful matters with the US, Germany, and Russia and beginning the rebuild of our fleet, including the first in a new line of battleships.  Thus ends an illustrious service of 13 years as senior admiral of the Imperial Chinese Navy.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: April 01, 2016, 03:51:45 am »

I got to the boss of Stage 3.

The only way I can describe it is "The entire screen was bullets, so of course I couldn't dodge them." I would have used a bomb to get out of it, spell card be damned, but it happened too fast for me to even realize what was happening.

Tohou: Mountain of Faith.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16792 on: April 01, 2016, 04:26:40 am »

Despite a few rough patches here and there, a couple of triple-immune uniques, and getting swamped in the Chamber of Bone, I'd been progressing surprisingly well, reaching the Caves without excessive difficulty. Then I entered the Island of the Sunless Sea, which I can only describe as "The Level of the Human Pincushion"... Yeeeah, I'm going to level up a bit more before trying again.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: April 01, 2016, 04:31:43 am »

I think learning how to focus my attacks has thrown me off more than anything. It's a lot harder to get through some patterns while thinking "Okay, the bullets are coming, I should focus here..."

TH10 Mountain of Faith.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:36:05 am by itisnotlogical »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: April 01, 2016, 04:37:15 am »

Driving a police car around, looking for clues. I'm nearly at the last stop when I turn at an intersection. As I'm making a turn, a cement truck travelling sideways at insane speeds rolls over me, destroying my car.

Driving a hearse, picking up a corpse for a funeral. I get the body, and pull onto an avenue. The game decides to despawn my hearse, failing the mission.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16795 on: April 01, 2016, 05:34:42 am »

Don't talk about those. Bad memories.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16796 on: April 01, 2016, 06:44:39 am »

I didn't think there could be any more bullets on screen than Nitori's first Spell Card, where bullets come from all sides in a grid pattern while she's also shooting huge bullets in a big wave pattern.

Then I finally beat her and got to the fourth stage, where a regular enemy just started spitting hundreds upon hundreds of tiny black bullets in a great big expanding cloud. I died twice before I managed to destroy it, bombing all the way.

Mountain of Faith again.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:14:41 am by itisnotlogical »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16797 on: April 01, 2016, 08:41:13 pm »

Ran into a cyberdemon in close quarters. Had 212 health and 70 armor. Ate a rocket to the face and then got stomped into chunky salsa.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16798 on: April 02, 2016, 06:26:12 am »

I finally got Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil to work.

I used to think Mountain of Faith was impossible. No, MoF is just an insane masochistic challenge- Scarlet Devil is the impossible one.

The third stage boss is impossible, I'm fairly sure. She shoots out a ring of bullets, and a second, faster ring of bullets that closes the gaps in the first one. By the time I even comprehend what's happening, I've lost my one life (all four of the other ones were taken by Cirno by this stage).

TH6: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16799 on: April 02, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

Ornstein and Smough. Yeah.

But Anor Londo in general was a series of facepalms

First, only at the end of the level I realized one can actual select and target enemies and actually aim those pyromancies. Until then I just guessed where the fireballs would land. Got quite good at it too. I did this during the entire game until now.

Why was this very bad? Well, I did all of Anor Londo with a lightning spear, only while fighting the sentinels before the boss room I realized I should use something else. I forged a Silver Knight sword up to +4, and slaughtered everything that before I could only kill with carefully aimed pyromancies and/or a lot of patience. Perhaps now I can  kill those sentinels and allow a not-half-dead Solaire to help me.

Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1575