Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369555 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16410 on: February 06, 2016, 09:05:17 pm »

Sounds like you're having...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16411 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:54 pm »

Ok, I need to vent.

So I was invading a shot down UFO and I put my assault behind full cover and I'm in close range of the outsider. I have a 76% chance to hit.

I miss, no biggie. I have a backup plan for things like this. My rookie throws a grenade to blow up the cover and I kill him with my sniper.

Now it's the aliens turn. Now let me preface this by saying this is all in full cover. Two sections shoot at my assault and kill him. Annoying.

My sniper panics and hunkers down. Okay, if you're gonna panic, might as well hunker down.

I move up my Rookie (still in full cover) and miss a 50% shot with my support.

Aliens' turn again. THEY BOTH SHOOT AT MY HUNKERED DOWN SNIPER AND TWO SHOT HIM!

Naturally, the rookie panics. This time they take a shot. Not ideal but he's still in full cover.

This time I decide to move my support in order to attempt a flank. It will take two turns.

Alien's turn again, they kill the rookie and mind meld.

Okay, since my support is the last one left, I move into half cover and try to avenge my comrade. I flank the mind melding guy and have a 72% shot. I miss.

Alien's turn. They one shot my final support.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: February 07, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »

Almost a death. Nearly lost a Lv100 Mew to a Lv10-12 Zubat, because Mew refused to obey. Even if Mew was quite literally powerful enough to smash that damned Zubat through the cave wall into daylight with Pound.

One the other hand, after a few days(yes, actual days of several 15-60 minute sessions), finally caught a female Mawile. Immediately saved the game after that.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: February 07, 2016, 03:40:22 pm »

I was walking to Arefu Settlement when suddenly grenades. Grenades everywhere. Then raiders.
Fallout 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: February 07, 2016, 07:37:53 pm »

Mara shows up in Swamp: 3. I decide to take on the Vaults rather then facing him. One Sentinal's Mark later, I decide Mara is probably easier. I eventually Bolt of Magma him into submission, shrugging off my own double's attacks[Fire Elementalist with rF+++ means you barely deal any damage to yourself]. Then I go back to the Vaults. Everyone from my last stay is there. Including a large orb of eyes, which are harmless. haha nope Turns out my MR is a LOT lower then it usually is by this point. I get paralyzed and killed to death. Annoyingly, I literally died by ONE point of damage just as the paralysis wore off.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16415 on: February 07, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

I'm a freelance merc with little over 60 troops attempting to endear myself to the Mori clan, because I like the shade of blue they have for their names.
I'm up in Light Green territory, hunting for weak lords to attack when I see a Mori lord with 43 troops pursued by a Light Green lord with 70 troops. Before I can get to them, the two are locked into battle. I save quickly (because I can't afford to rebuild an army) and march in, leaving us with over 100 troops to their 70.
I expect some casualties, but they totally crush me. Their troops are just so much better then mine or the lord's that I suffer complete losses.
It's irritating, especially when you ambush someone with half as many troops as you and they lose three men to your thirty.
Back to hunting bandits for renown it it.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: February 07, 2016, 11:17:55 pm »

I have just purchased Dark Souls II.

My current controller has loose wiring somewhere along the way from controller to USB port, so if the end isn't held at just the right angle the thing short-circuits and causes random button presses, brief disconnects, unplug-and-replug disconnects while some random stuff is held down (such as the control stick), or all of the above.

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself but I am.

From what I've heard, that's still a step up from the the PC controls. :P
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16417 on: February 08, 2016, 05:34:27 am »

Dragons Dogma did such a great pc port, dark souls really was only hard because of the controls...

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #16418 on: February 08, 2016, 05:54:48 am »

You know that moment when you have a high chance to kill the last alien in XCOM 2 mission, but you fail and he ends up killing in the same turn the two last soldiers you had on the ground? I fucking love and hate this game. Equally.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16419 on: February 08, 2016, 12:27:16 pm »

Well, a few controller-related problems didn't really kill me this time, but sure made it harder to survive. I'm finding the bosses to actually be easier than the general enemies, which is frustrating.

Also is it just me or does this game have a problem with hitboxes? Big knight guy with giant sword, out of the range of said sword, still get hit by sword.

I think Souls games like to pretend that large weapons send out shockwaves that can still hurt you. Because screw realism, and screw all the players' attempts to dodge things.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16420 on: February 08, 2016, 03:05:59 pm »

Well, a few controller-related problems didn't really kill me this time, but sure made it harder to survive. I'm finding the bosses to actually be easier than the general enemies, which is frustrating.

Also is it just me or does this game have a problem with hitboxes? Big knight guy with giant sword, out of the range of said sword, still get hit by sword.

I remember having problems with the hitboxes in Dark Souls 2 as well, so it isn't just you. Just wait until you experience the mimic hitboxes.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: February 08, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »

Have you been putting points into Adaptability (or whatever the stat is called, which raises a separate stat called Agility I think. I haven't played DS2 for several months now)? If you haven't, then be aware you don't have that many i-frames when rolling. 100 Agility is a good stopping point; you can go to 105 Agility for another two frames or so of invincibility when rolling but it's not really worth the investment. But yeah, I didn't appreciate the near-perfect tracking of some DS2 enemies either, and it does feel like it has a problem with 'shockwaves'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16422 on: February 08, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »

I remember having problems with the hitboxes in Dark Souls 2 as well, so it isn't just you. Just wait until you experience the mimic hitboxes.
Oh god, mimics. I ran into one somewhere, and it ate me because I didn't know it was a mimic before I opened it. I went back to it, armed with the power of knowledge and hit it in the back so it couldn't eat me. Instead, it bit at the air as if I was still in front of it, and I was teleported back into that region as it happily ate me again. I eventually beat it by standing all the way on the other side of the damn room.

Still not as bad as the Plesioth from Monster Hunter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: February 08, 2016, 07:31:31 pm »

A narrow corridor with limited cover, filled with Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, and turrets. And I have a time limit to get through.

One of my squad goes down almost immediately, so I go to heal him. Then I get taken down, and call for help. The guy coming to save me gets shot. The other two just stand there and chill before I give up and reload.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: February 08, 2016, 08:29:03 pm »

I approached some sort of RV with the end blasted off, thinking that there'd be a raider or two at most and I could get some desperately-needed ammunition.

Nope, it was super mutants again.

I like that this world actually feels very dangerous to walk around in. I'm always scanning the horizon and trying to avoid threats, which is actually very cool.

Fallout 3. This game is a pleasant surprise and much different from what I expected.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1574