Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369566 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16380 on: February 03, 2016, 12:48:55 am »

ALL FOUR reaction shots missed the incoming Chryssalids. As a result, one of my best soldiers, a Heavy nicknamed Twitch (because on one of the first missions he accidentally committed manslaughter with a badly-aimed rocket) was killed and turned into a zombie.

You will be missed, Twitch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was so ready for this to somehow be an advance copy of Xcom 2.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: February 03, 2016, 02:43:01 am »

Oh don't worry, we'll likely be seeing identical stories once XCOM2 has been released for...oh, a few hours :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: February 03, 2016, 06:15:34 pm »

Got most of the puzzle cleared when I realized I made a mistake somewhere, and I don't know where. And the only way to fix that kind of mistake is to nuke the whole puzzle and start over.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #16383 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:54 pm »

Moving one of my landers on Minmus to another area, when I hit the ground real hard. I don't use the quick save function, very much, but I decided I'd try and use it now. when I quick saved as I was in orbit, I hit F6 instead of F5. My craft was completely destroyed, and I tried to go back to the auto save I thought I made. I lost ten full hours of work, two space stations, about 10 probes and a metric ton of effort, which included my designs. What was funny, however, was that it went back to a point where I was trying to save a kerbal who was stranded in orbit. Before, I failed miserably and forgot the autosave. This time around I did it so easily I wondered why I was raging at how hard it was. But, still, that world is dead, and the mods I put on my new KSP is around four times as many.

I am very depressed about the entire situation, but oh well.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16384 on: February 04, 2016, 12:09:16 pm »

Played Worms Armageddon with my family the other day.

Me: "Right, a couple of my brother's and dad's worms are behind this small hill. This calls for a Holy Hand Grenade. Right, aim... charge... throw!
I don't think that's enough power. No, not enough power. Oh god it's rolling back down."

Worm: "What the?..."

Holy Hand Grenade: "Hallelujah! BOOOM!!!"

Worm: "Bye bye."

Many laughs were had. Especially at my brother's victory theme when he ended up winning.

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: February 04, 2016, 12:11:45 pm »

Aaaaaa I love megagames like that, thank you for sharing it!

Bay12 Forum Megagame when? Because I'm certain that that is a great idea and never could go wrong ever.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16386 on: February 04, 2016, 01:16:33 pm »

I bought some wings and set out to build a plasma bomber.

Flying in Robocraft is REALLY hard. Their flight model kinda sucks, everything feels very flimsy and weightless. Simple maneuvers are difficult to execute. Exacerbating this is the fact that you can't see your center of mass, center of thrust etc. ala Kerbal Space Program, so it's very difficult to build something that will actually fly.

Spent a few matches aimlessly flying around and trying to stay in control of my craft, occasionally being shot down, or crashing and then blown up by a passing enemy.

Robocraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: February 05, 2016, 03:26:11 am »

Light spoilers for Xcom 2 and what I believe is part of the optional tutorial, no plot spoilers and if you've been following Beaglerush no gameplay ones either.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: February 05, 2016, 10:23:12 am »

I decide, hey, there's two of them and two of us, why not engage at, in the famous words of Bradford, "close range".

CLOSE RANGE?!
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16389 on: February 05, 2016, 01:01:23 pm »

I dismantled my hovertank, the Tower of Joy, in exchange for a more traditional hovercraft design.

I forgot why I had stopped building hovercraft; they're flimsy, hard to control, and it's almost impossible to place guns efficiently on them. The guns on top of my chassis couldn't hit anything nearby, and the guns underneath couldn't hit anything that wasn't right underneath me. Plus, hovercraft tend to be totally uncontrollable after taking ANY damage.

Robocraft.

Also, I armed my plane with railguns instead of bombs.

Turns out, a fast-moving plane shooting a sniper rifle at fast-moving targets isn't very effective. I think I spent more time dead than alive in that round.

Robocraft again.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:03:50 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: February 05, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

Robocraft hates flight.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: February 05, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »

The flight model is just realistic enough to be weird, but not realistic enough to compare to something like Kerbal Space Program or even War Thunder. It's kinda frustrating at the start, but my bomber is the most successful thing I've built in a while.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: February 05, 2016, 07:12:21 pm »

Finally get control after the longish tutorial, which (like the previous game) mostly focuses on what NOT to do.

Advance in stealth, have a good ambush available...  But they're moving away from the target, and it's just two guys...  Maybe I can move up and complete the objective stealthily.  I mean, there are nice red markers showing where I'd be detected (as long as I'm not flanked).

oh gods why did I sprint with my last guy, well because I misread the fog of war apparently
That guy gets flanked and dies right next to the objective.  Okay I'll advance with-
oh FUCK ME I pulled something much worse, by advancing way less far.  Not sure how that particular LOS makes any sense, actually!

It's bloody, but I practically clear the area.  One bogey left, and I have a soldier ready to suicide-play for the objective.  Hopefully when it says "one turn left", it means-

On the plus side, I finally know whether I abandoned "Hex" Ryan for nothing in XCOM 1.  Turns out I made the right call, the whole squad would have died without her sacrifice.  RIP.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: February 05, 2016, 07:20:49 pm »

I was kinda annoyed with XCOM 1's tutorial, because it's based on being unable to make not-stupid decisions.

Also, the ENTIRE tutorial (including geoscape, research, funding, etc.) lasts a RIDICULOUS amount of time. I would have been fine with skipping it and stumbling along on my own if I'd known it was that long.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: February 05, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »

Why didn't they say that Priscilla is Raven's sister? Were you just supposed to infer the unit you got two chapters ago was related to the one non-boss guy on the enemy's side with a face? Thank goodness for savestates.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1574