Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369678 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16365 on: February 02, 2016, 01:39:59 am »

...He beat the game... Without... Oh god you poor son of a bitch.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16366 on: February 02, 2016, 01:48:35 am »

What? Complete the game without what? Why is that so bad?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16367 on: February 02, 2016, 01:55:17 am »

From the sounds of it, the player Iron fought had completed Dark Souls without:
A) Dying. Once.
B) Using a campfire.

Doing either gives you a ring, allowing the weapon in that hand to become invisible. This also means they are likely very good at Dark Souls. So yeah. Fun.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16368 on: February 02, 2016, 01:57:53 am »

Ah.

Well, it could mean that. Or it could mean that the other player hacked themselves the ring in question :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16369 on: February 02, 2016, 04:47:47 am »

Most people don't have the balls to do no bonfire/no death runs, yeah. Probably either traded for it or hacked it in.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16370 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:52 am »

Star Wars 7 Spoiler in box

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insurgency.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16371 on: February 02, 2016, 12:32:15 pm »

Star Wars 7
It's been months, but seeing that this is a thing still weirds me out.
Not in a bad way, I'm just not used to it.

Also, more bad time.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16372 on: February 02, 2016, 01:05:05 pm »

Was playing some sort of megagame at school. I was the leader of a tiny African country, Sierra Leone. My teammates were two girls, our trader and somebody else with no specific function. All teams were given paper and some tools to make oil barrels (paper cylinders of specific dimensions). Also some starting money. Siera Leone being a shithole, we got lots of paper, tape and a protractor (and no starting money), so we were unable to do much at all.

So I started asking around and quickly became friends with the other African countries. Before long, we had a makeshift alliance and after some trading was done, other countries started production while we still didn't have shit. Anyway, after a while we too got to start production by trading some of our paper (=raw oil i guess?) to another country (new zealand, which was in the Africa area for some strange reason) for some basic tools. (Because pencils were so rare, everybody was using scissors to draw lines in the paper)

I quickly figured out that selling our oil by ourselves would yield very little profit due to our disadvantageous market position, so I walked up to every single leader in Africa and told them that we should all approach a big country (with access to better prices) and sell our oil to them, keeping us free of pollution (important because no african country had enough wealth to invest in polluting less) and yielding more profit per barrel. This actually worked and I had apparently started the trade with Africa. However, not long after pollution caused one of our best allies (Toga) to be struck by drought, losing basically all their money. I was quick to donate fifty fictional global monetary units (which is a pittance but we only had 400) just bc these people were our bros.

In the next meeting of the NWO, the issue of global warming was brought up and America was to either invest in being more ecological or pay a fine, which seems rather silly in retrospect. (since we had no way to pay the fine and even if we did, the fine amount was the same as the amount they would have to invest...) Russia was also brought up as problematic, but unlike America was actually present at the NWO and agreed to invest. However, America promptly stepped up and became pretty ecological while Russia continued slacking off.

It is at this point that my best friend became the leader of China, and we promptly started forging plans to embargo Russia and take over the world, garnering support in our own continents and amongst states such as America. At the next Not The UN meeting, nothing happened except bickering and then it ended. Somewhat disappointed in these results, me and my best friend started organising an unofficial embargo against Russia, first finding support in our own continents before venturing towards America and Europe, where we were repeatedly told to go back to our own continents by teachers (whom we just ignored).

We were able to convince all but two countries (excepting Russia) to embargo Russia, before a massive setback happened: Poland (lead by some dude who was way too into the idea of carbon emission rights) had fused with Russia to form the Soviet Union... for some reason? This was not the biggest setback, however. Thanks to Russia's uncontrolled emissions, we had reached the "magical limit" and 75% of all countries promptly had their wealth halved, and the game ended. Having come so close to saving the world through the power of politick and diplomacy, we had failed.

Sierra Leone managed to reach 510 wealth, though, which was pretty nice. I was a bit too busy politicking to pay much attention to what our trader was doing, however.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:49:11 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16373 on: February 02, 2016, 01:10:24 pm »

Aaaaaa I love megagames like that, thank you for sharing it!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16374 on: February 02, 2016, 06:52:20 pm »

If I run into one more person on the Bridge who runs into Keep where all the huge armored guys are once they see that I'm beating them, I am seriously going to punch the screen. They'd rather just push me off a cliff while I'm trying to fight a ton of enemies just to catch up to their stupid ass than actually fight normally. That's. Fucking. Cheap.

Dark Souls 2 again. These people should be banned from existence.

EDIT: It happened to more times. "Honor"? What's that?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:04:30 pm by IronTomato »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #16375 on: February 02, 2016, 07:16:56 pm »

If I run into one more person on the Bridge who runs into Keep where all the huge armored guys are once they see that I'm beating them, I am seriously going to punch the screen. They'd rather just push me off a cliff while I'm trying to fight a ton of enemies just to catch up to their stupid ass than actually fight normally. That's. Fucking. Cheap.

I always cosplay as a ninja turtle whenever I put my red sign down there.  There's your honor right there.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16376 on: February 02, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »

ALL FOUR reaction shots missed the incoming Chryssalids. As a result, one of my best soldiers, a Heavy nicknamed Twitch (because on one of the first missions he accidentally committed manslaughter with a badly-aimed rocket) was killed and turned into a zombie.

You will be missed, Twitch.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:43:12 pm by Nighthawk »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16377 on: February 02, 2016, 09:44:20 pm »

Inb4 you miss Twitch, and he noms someone else's face.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16378 on: February 02, 2016, 09:56:38 pm »

When I joined in on the pvp action I went around specifically extincting every single one of the enemies within the first few rooms of that bridge, just so that when someone pulls that garbage they find no help.  They only started finding help in the big open area with all the magma.   That seemed to do a good job of deterring that kind of behavior.

That and I only ever seriously PvP'd with my bow build.  I would just shoot them in the back as they ran through the first door.  Melee bow+rapier is risky, but fun.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16379 on: February 02, 2016, 10:58:14 pm »

Inb4 you miss Twitch, and he noms someone else's face.
He almost did. Reduced my god-tier assault trooper Clark to a whopping one HP with stupid poison.

Everyone was at either 1 or 2 HP by the end of the level aside from my sniper. Other than Twitch they all survived, though. Somehow. Promotions all around.
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 [1092] 1093 1094 ... 1574