Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369247 times)

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16290 on: January 23, 2016, 09:05:24 pm »

>Playing Project Zomboid.
>Getting a handle on the game.
>Climb through broken window, start bleeding profusely.
>Panic, bandage, am ok.
>Forgot to remove glass shards with tweezers I didn't have.
>Get infection.
>Randomly drops dead in safe house some hour later with like 80% health.
>cries

I played it too, shit's difficult.

Had me a bottle of bleach ready, zombies were nearing my location, I drank that bleach to avoid being eaten alive, one of the saddest endings to a game ever, and it was random chance that it would happen that way.

Needless to say, I love me some PZ

But that's not the death I had recently, that was a long while ago, back in last year.

Yeah, I played
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
again, this time on the cannon difficulty of Impossible Ironman...

Yeah, sounds about right to be honest. Met the first outsider... He f*cked my entire squad, I had one guy left, tried to flank him to get a crit and kill him, thus ending the mission with a narrow success.

I hit him!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: January 23, 2016, 09:06:58 pm »

that regeneration
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: January 24, 2016, 06:22:53 pm »

Broke the blade off a blade trap, and attempted to throw it at a group of zombies. The blade bounced off a wall so hard it came back and impaled me through the chest.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: January 24, 2016, 07:58:28 pm »

"Huh this contract is level 27 I'm level 24 I can do it right?" Then of course the troll in the
mission is of course level 30, and sends Geralt careening through the air in one hit. At least this taught me the lesson that the DLC missions have lying level recommendations, first a nekker warrior badass that took a while to kill and now a badass troll (I'm sure I can kill him but trolls take a while to kill even when not overleveled.)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:06:53 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: January 24, 2016, 10:47:01 pm »

Hit BR15. Upon doing so the game gives me a once in a lifetime chance to refund some the certs I had spent on certain things up to that point, though none seemed to be available and I didn't want to do refund anything anyway.

Oh, and it did this right in the middle of a battle without warning. By the time I finished pondering my non-choice and exited the screen, I had died, been revived, and died again.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16295 on: January 24, 2016, 11:34:28 pm »

Urist Mcstation. Security officer. I had admin clearance to do antaggey things so long as it greated good RP. So I gathered stuff together, convinced the HoS to authorise cargo to get Security a Hoverpod for a paddywagon. I go into maint and set my workroom up. Chair, check. Electropack, check. Box of torture stuff, check. Duct tape, Check. Universal recorder, check. Skirt, check. Blindfold, handcuffs, kitty-ears, check, check, and check. Victim was the only thing missing. I'm shitting myself because if someone walks in that particular maint tunnel they would be very weirded out and probably call sec there before I could do the grand plan.

I manage to get the Quartermaster to follow me but had to go do RL stuff and by the time I got back he had changed his mind. Meanwhile a Skrellian roboticist was running around in a combat mech that fluffwise was designed to kill the damned things. Sec confronts roboticist while her mech is flat and she literally drops a bomb on us. I am nearly instantly killed but make it to my own mech (hoverpod) in time, which gave me air and pressure.

I make my way to medical, picking up the only ion rifle the station had and putting it in the cargo part of my hoverpod. Roboticist kills me as I lay in medical and of course the only weapon on the station that can reliably kill mechs was in my hoverpod which noone could get to.

I never got to kidnap anyone and I'm pretty sure the Skrell ran through my torture/damselindistress room while I was dead.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:32 am »

Tried to sell Dog Residue to Temmie. The second upon confirming the sale, power was cut to the entire house.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:12 pm »

In what was quite possibly the shortest round of Civ IV: Colonization ever, I got my wife to try co-op with me. We both find land. She wanders around a bit with her pioneer. It steps on a burial ground next to a native city. They retaliate, killing said pioneer. As it was our first game (aside from me playing freecol ages ago), we were unsure if this was salvageable.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:12:51 pm by Mephisto »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16298 on: January 25, 2016, 03:59:29 pm »

Hit BR15. Upon doing so the game gives me a once in a lifetime chance to refund some the certs I had spent on certain things up to that point, though none seemed to be available and I didn't want to do refund anything anyway.

Oh, and it did this right in the middle of a battle without warning. By the time I finished pondering my non-choice and exited the screen, I had died, been revived, and died again.

I personally recommend the Skyguard AA gun for the lightning.

As for hacking that terminal, you must be uncloaked for it to work.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: January 25, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »

I've used the Skyguard exactly once when I stole some dude's abandoned tank(not sure how I did that - maybe he spawned a second one?). Other than being an irritant to aircraft, and a pest to infantry, I didn't really feel like much of a threat.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16300 on: January 26, 2016, 01:48:11 am »

I tried to kill a clumsy yellow monster kid with no arms.    It ended badly for me... repeatedly.

Undertale, Genocide run.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: January 26, 2016, 03:12:08 am »

As for hacking that terminal, you must be uncloaked for it to work.

I would recommend maxing out the medic gun. It's a very fast and easy method of farming certs. Same goes for the engi's repair gun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: January 26, 2016, 06:51:28 am »

General Atomics may have fucked up many, many things before the War, but the Mister Gutsies were not one of them.
Especially not the Galleria's director, who took three Super Sledge hits to the face and didn't show any damage whatsoever.

Fallout 4
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: January 26, 2016, 08:03:54 am »

One of my Sims tried to make lunch, without having a single point in the Cooking skill. I noticed this far too late to prevent it, so they promptly started an inferno that killed them and their wife, as well as incinerating all of the most expensive items in the living room and bedroom. Much savescumming ensued, as I replayed the same few seconds over and over until they managed to heat up a TV dinner without killing themselves.

The Sims.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: January 26, 2016, 01:20:03 pm »

I got a 10,7k€ contract to transport fishes from Bergen, Norway to Odense, Danmark. I decided to not take the ferry to avoid the cost and to explore the map. I ended the trip with two accident penalties, one because a truck cut me when it merge on the highway and a car was passing me at the same time, one red light infraction that I would'nt be able to stop before anyway and a speeding infraction at a toll because going from 80 Km/h to 50 with a loaded truck isn't instantaneous. Add to that the indestructible road sign that did 10% damage to my truck and the cargo.

At the end I've got 1,7k€ of infractions, a 6,3k€ repair bill, 600€ of toll fees and a 4,7k€ penalties for the damaged goods... I lost 2,6k€ trying to save a 1,7k€ ferry trip.

Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1574