Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369933 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16215 on: January 12, 2016, 11:30:36 pm »

Seems legit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16216 on: January 13, 2016, 02:24:08 pm »

In X-com with long war, all enemies suddenly developed about 2/3 change to hit troops in any cover, with well over half of the shots instant kills.

The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: January 14, 2016, 04:02:47 am »

The nuke ops got that f*kkn disk and everyone but them died in SS13
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:21:53 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #16218 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:33 am »

Reached the Nuclear Throne. Got distracted by my cat for a second. Got killed with the first attack. Damn.

UristmcLibash

• Bay Watcher
  • Gaurding guard is guarding
    • View Profile
« Reply #16219 on: January 14, 2016, 05:17:47 pm »

In misuterii high i got murdered by the royal when testing chumpmaterial's  new drone mode.
Eh,ye want a sig text from me? Well to bad.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16220 on: January 15, 2016, 03:32:06 am »

The nuke ops got that f*kkn disk and everyone but them died in SS13
Similar experience, xept I had the fuggen disk. And I was a nukeop. And assistants throwing spears are not fun.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #16221 on: January 15, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »

I remember the amazing times when a robust person with low ping could literally take out whole Fluke Ops with bare fucking hands. Or that one time when I stopped an rampaging Captain in a Gygax as a roboticist by simply walking up to a murder machine spewing bullets and engaging maintenance protocols with my PDA, removing all weapons and then overpressurizing the fuckers air tank. He popped out sooner than later, though that's more of an "Ownage" story, but I guess I died a little inside that day, when I realized what power an robust low-ping roboticist can have.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16222 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:59 pm »

I remember the amazing times when a robust person with low ping could literally take out whole Fluke Ops with bare fucking hands. Or that one time when I stopped an rampaging Captain in a Gygax as a roboticist by simply walking up to a murder machine spewing bullets and engaging maintenance protocols with my PDA, removing all weapons and then overpressurizing the fuckers air tank. He popped out sooner than later, though that's more of an "Ownage" story, but I guess I died a little inside that day, when I realized what power an robust low-ping roboticist can have.
Couldn't you have simply shut down the mech via the console? Or is that only for borgs?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: January 15, 2016, 06:01:02 pm »

I believe that the mech needs a special part/module to be shut down remotely. Or maybe just appear on the console... Either way, if it was made by a rogue Captain, then I wouldn't be surprised if they dealt with that solution ahead of time.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16224 on: January 15, 2016, 07:49:22 pm »

I just had the biggest string of YASD I've ever had.

Fire up the game. Spawn in a military surplus store, only useful thing is a canteen. Took that, got chased down by a skeletal dog.

Next game: spawn in library. Walk out the door, shocker comes around the corner and electrocutes me.

Next game: spawn in a gun store. One gun. No ammo. Exactly what you'd expect happens.

Next game, I change course and go to shelter spawn. Survived for one day, then met a lone zombie scientist out in the forest who summoned killer robots to kill me.

Next game, I spawn in a shelter, tie some rags around my face and start going to the nearby town to raid the houses. And what happens?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)

EDIT:

And the game after that, I spawned in the middle of a war between giant ants and fungaloids. Just offed myself after that, no way I was going to get out of that one. :v
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:53:38 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16225 on: January 15, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »

I entered Dead Simple with 10% health remaining. Even if I had survived the Mancubi, I think the arachnotrons would have killed me.

DOOM II.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16226 on: January 15, 2016, 10:25:19 pm »

This is mid-game, in space, with me controlling a nice spacecraft-carrier, heading over into alien territory to appease them. An enemy Thor [supercarrier which is basically a mobile hangar] is my only enemy, and several tens of levels below my ships--I thought it was easy. Combine a mix of being locked down by stasis fields, proton torpedoes breaking the hull, a swarm of tiny fighter/drone craft flinging those torpedoes [that my point-defense system can't actually help with despite its usefulness :x], and I lost the battle just as it started. In ten seconds.

I'm glad this game has a timer :D
But I'll be back...
I'm trying so hard to train up a ship that can take on a Thor. I have a super-fast lvl 72 Interceptor with lasers that can take out half a lvl 3 Thor's HP... as long as the stasis field doesn't get it. My latest ship, I haven't tested against a Thor, but it has super-long range torpedoes and an aiming computer, a shotgun for midrange and two Potato Satellites with various missiles. I'm thinking it might be enough to take on those annoying capital ships with drones equipped.

My own last death, same game. Tried taking on a level 53 double-skull Hornet (a fleshy alien ship that typically throws explosive plasma, but the double-skull version apparently has life-leech guns equiped). Took out all my high-level ships, barely managed to beat it with my last ship, but he still had 5 buddies left which only one was needed to blow up my level 13 Scout.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16227 on: January 16, 2016, 04:54:09 pm »

i tangled with the wrong skeleton and had a bad time

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16228 on: January 16, 2016, 05:35:20 pm »

I entered Dead Simple with 10% health remaining. Even if I had survived the Mancubi, I think the arachnotrons would have killed me.

DOOM II.
I vaguely remember there being a beserk pack you could probably dash for.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16229 on: January 16, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »

Second-grade arithmetic is very very difficult under pressure

Timez Attack. Pretty effective edutainment game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1574