Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369804 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16200 on: January 10, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »

Playing a game of Wesnoth with hatkitty against an AI.

We got brutally slaughtered by a horde of walking shrubberies. My undead
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: January 10, 2016, 07:44:29 pm »

I minmaxed my character for combat as best I know how. I picked a class that had only combat skills in all of the major and minor slots, as a Nord, and acquired some armor pretty early on in Privateer's Hold. Human enemies (archers, thieves, etc) are still able to kill me in seconds with a three-hit combo that never fails and drains all of my HP.

Daggerfall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: January 10, 2016, 08:51:32 pm »

I minmaxed my character for combat as best I know how. I picked a class that had only combat skills in all of the major and minor slots, as a Nord, and acquired some armor pretty early on in Privateer's Hold. Human enemies (archers, thieves, etc) are still able to kill me in seconds with a three-hit combo that never fails and drains all of my HP.

Daggerfall.
git gud

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: January 10, 2016, 08:56:45 pm »

Rather pointless taking every single combat skill. Pick one or two, save the rest for magic or jumping/climbing(which are required to complete the game).

Recent death: Had an unwanted vore scene with the final boss, due to failing a QTE which requires you to attack the boss' weakpoints with nearly no ability to aim whatsoever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: January 10, 2016, 09:02:37 pm »

git gud
Your avatar goes very well with that.  It goes well with many things.

7 Days to Die kept rampantly memory-leaking, and crashing my video card, when I played on my friend's server.  So I decided to try single player.
Holy crap so many zombies near every building.  On the server there seemed to be remote houses every half mile or so, here there were just deathtraps.

Plus it kept putting me in a desert flanked on one side by a burnt/burning forest, and on the other by a fucking nuclear wasteland which looked like a wet grassland.  Died 3 times to that before realizing the biome was killing me.

Eventually holed up in a town.  Low max HP due to repeated deaths, but they didn't seem to sense me in the attic of the house I chose as my base.  Around 2AM I got bored of waiting, and went downstairs to peer out a window. 

Yeah, you think you know where this is going.  But I was ready.  There was a zombie constantly attempting the angled jump from the porch to the open window I used to enter.  It kept failing.  Somewhat amused, I shot some arrows at it.

Suddenly there were three zombies in the room, right in front of me.  There was no breach, they teleported.  In single player.

Oh yeah and I was playing on the pregenerated map, this wasn't even the RNGs fault.  Though sometimes it did drop me in an arctic waste which also flanked the nuclear death swamp
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: January 10, 2016, 09:08:27 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear about your unfortunate purchase, well at least there's steam refunds.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: January 10, 2016, 09:14:47 pm »

Oh, dang that was kinda negative wasn't it?
I've actually had quite a bit of fun with the game online, despite all the strobing crashes and memory issues.  And the questionable single player balance (I didn't even get to the *hard* part...)

Heck most of the problem is probably my video card.  Fallout 4 had been doing something similar.  Every 2-5 hours all the textures which go pastel and the models would start stretching to hilarious degrees.  It's actually kinda funny, not really playable until I restart though.  If I looked at just the right angle, the landscape would mostly return to the proper state...

But yeah I think it's my video card.  I guess it's about 3 years old now.  Fortunately it's only screwed up on those two games so far.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: January 10, 2016, 11:35:39 pm »

Playing a game of Wesnoth with hatkitty against an AI.

We got brutally slaughtered by a horde of walking shrubberies. My undead
I'd love to play Wesnoth with you guys one day ._. It's pretty much one of the rare games I can actually play...stably.

This is mid-game, in space, with me controlling a nice spacecraft-carrier, heading over into alien territory to appease them. An enemy Thor [supercarrier which is basically a mobile hangar] is my only enemy, and several tens of levels below my ships--I thought it was easy. Combine a mix of being locked down by stasis fields, proton torpedoes breaking the hull, a swarm of tiny fighter/drone craft flinging those torpedoes [that my point-defense system can't actually help with despite its usefulness :x], and I lost the battle just as it started. In ten seconds.

I'm glad this game has a timer :D
But I'll be back...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: January 11, 2016, 06:59:38 pm »

When my strategy of "stick to the left-hand wall like an obsessed lunatic" failed, I started picking turns at random, following a trail of unopened doors and unkilled monsters. This was how I came to the bane of all my early-game characters, the flooded tunnels. I naively thought that there would surely be at least one air pocket or unflooded room that I could reach with my character's pitifully low Swimming skill. I thought wrong.

Daggerfall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: January 11, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »

At one hitpoint during Papyrus' final attack(I think). Didn't make one of the last(I think) jumps.

When my strategy of "stick to the left-hand wall like an obsessed lunatic" failed, I started picking turns at random, following a trail of unopened doors and unkilled monsters. This was how I came to the bane of all my early-game characters, the flooded tunnels. I naively thought that there would surely be at least one air pocket or unflooded room that I could reach with my character's pitifully low Swimming skill. I thought wrong.

Daggerfall.

One of the easiest Alteration spells you can make is a short duration Water Breathing spell if I recall.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: January 11, 2016, 10:05:39 pm »

A wand, Lady Audrey, and me.

We both struck each other down in our final throes.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: January 12, 2016, 03:25:59 am »

At one hitpoint during Papyrus' final attack(I think). Didn't make one of the last(I think) jumps.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: January 12, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »

Blew up by a creeper. It snuck up on me in a mineshaft.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:36 pm »

ITT: Spehss_'s shaft explodes
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: January 12, 2016, 10:39:06 pm »

the man who buggers a fire burns his shaft?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 1574