Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370165 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16155 on: January 05, 2016, 05:46:15 am »

Opened the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16156 on: January 05, 2016, 05:56:47 am »

Opened the game.

You bought the PC version too?

YA DONE, SON
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16157 on: January 05, 2016, 07:06:22 am »

I would (well, did) get a wired xbox 360 controller, useful thing for a PC gamer to have anyway.  But there's also some fan fix thing online that makes the mouse controls tolerable.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16158 on: January 05, 2016, 12:17:41 pm »

PCGamingWiki even has a nice little guide on how to set it up. The tutorials don't change to reflect the KBM controls, and your Steam overlay hotkey might conflict with some of the game controls (assuming you bought it through Steam), so do a bit of screwing around pressing buttons to make sure you won't suddenly lose control because the overlay decided to show up. Fortunately there are a decent number of easy enemies in the tutorial zone, so trying on them is somewhat safe. Once you get it working pretty much all of the control related complaints are removed (other than the "having to install third party patches" one).

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16159 on: January 05, 2016, 12:29:12 pm »

>Descend to Deimos 1
>Surrounded by 5 barrels
>Hell Baron launches a bolt at me and missed.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16160 on: January 05, 2016, 06:45:40 pm »

>Descend to Deimos 1
>Surrounded by 5 barrels

You get three turns of free actions after you descend to a new level.  That should be enough to sprint clear of any barrels.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16161 on: January 05, 2016, 08:04:32 pm »

I have attempted to use DSFix - it doesn't work. Crashes on startup, which might be an issue with nVidia. DSMFix seems to work.

Anyhow, latest death: Yanked off a balcony, slammed into ground.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16162 on: January 05, 2016, 08:32:56 pm »

Your contact in Staroye expects you to be psychic and know what he means by "the big work site" and "under your nose". I drove my squad up and down the southern coast of Chernorussia for about an hour, investigating any spot on the map that had the factory symbol, and found nothing. Because I just wanted ANYTHING to do, I had the transport chopper pick us up from Chernogorsk and drop us next to a town deep within enemy territory.

The pilot tried to land the helicopter on top of a tree. This of course resulted in the chopper's destruction, and there is no way I'm about to walk all over the map.

ARMA 2. Razor Two is quickly becoming my least-favorite mission in any game, ever. I could have SKIPPED this mission, too!
You have my sympathy. Nobody ever deserves to feel the horrors of that mission.

I eventually found the power plant that the guy was hiding in, and just barely caught him getting into a car and trying to drive away. I shot the car, causing him to dismount from it and attempt to escape by running up the road. I caught up to him, triggering a cutscene where Cooper arrests the man. I was still standing in the road when a white van hit me in the back and killed me instantly, then kept driving. I can't think of who could have been in the car besides Lopotev, the other target.

TL:DR, they both got away and I died.

EDIT: Also, O'Hara's "patch" joke is the dumbest I've ever heard, hands down
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:00:59 pm by IronTomato »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #16163 on: January 05, 2016, 11:03:24 pm »

I was still standing in the road when a white van hit me in the back and killed me instantly, then kept driving. I can't think of who could have been in the car besides Lopotev, the other target.
There sometimes is a bodyguard in the car, just regular mook.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16164 on: January 05, 2016, 11:31:41 pm »

EDIT: Also, O'Hara's "patch" joke is the dumbest I've ever heard, hands down

Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16165 on: January 05, 2016, 11:46:51 pm »

Got shot full of bullets. Along with most of my teammates.

Town of Salem, courtesy of a veteran.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16166 on: January 06, 2016, 06:23:12 am »

>Descend to Deimos 1
>Surrounded by 5 barrels

You get three turns of free actions after you descend to a new level.  That should be enough to sprint clear of any barrels.

There always, ALWAYS are even more barrels outside the barrels '<.

Plus I had not so much health and no medkits.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16167 on: January 06, 2016, 03:53:35 pm »

Of all the times for the game to force me to pull out 2 plasma guns and then force me to reload them even though I only needed one, and that one was loaded, it was right in front of a fucking arch vile.  Not behind a pillar or before I murderized 100 demons.  Right in front of the surprise Arch vile.

Brutal Doom.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16168 on: January 06, 2016, 04:07:57 pm »

Cleared out the small camp as best I knew how, and my NPC companions even directly stated that it was safe to move on in a scripted dialogue.

So of course when I call the helo for pickup, it turns out that there was a hidden machine gunner all along. This machine gunner can single-handedly destroy the chopper by shooting up its rotors. Meaning that were I to continue without reloading, I would have to walk half-way across the game world just to get back to the jeep.

ARMA 2. I very clearly remember why I gave up on this game now. Time to download a user campaign, if any exist!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16169 on: January 08, 2016, 12:26:13 am »

Came up against an agent.  A fleet of user created ships that are AI controlled.  I went with my usual plan of charge into them, ram them and fire all the things.

The agent's ship seems to have been roughly 90% armor spike.  So basically a massive spike wall with a rocket engine.  I might as well have flown into a woodchipper.  My ship simply ceased to exist.

(I have since modified a few of my ships with armor spikes, if is fun flying through meteors if they didn't exist)

Reassembly
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:30:19 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 1575