Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370195 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16140 on: January 02, 2016, 06:02:34 pm »

Chasing a black guy across a rooftop in what could easily have been a racist stereotype joke, I fall off. I slam face first onto a cardboard box for no damage, then roll slowly onto the pavement for all my health when my foot hits it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The one ships with "TWO FREE MAPS", according to the ads?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16141 on: January 02, 2016, 06:04:26 pm »

It actually has 4 maps. Which thoroughly sucks. But it wasn't me that bought it, so I didn't waste money on it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16142 on: January 02, 2016, 06:08:44 pm »

I randomly turned into a cat and was then brutally splatted by a large hedgehog.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16143 on: January 02, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »

The siege of Chernogorsk is the most uneventful urban combat in the history of anything. There's always combat happening just around the corner, but friendly NPC squads start in the center of the action whereas you start on the edge of the town and have to get there on foot. By the time you get to the battle, the battle has already happened.

Not today, I decided! In one of my attempts, I stole a civilian vehicle and drove it straight through the map to one of the secondary objectives. I tried to run down an enemy machine gunner, however I hit a bump and instantly lost all my velocity. He promptly ventilated me.

ARMA 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16144 on: January 02, 2016, 11:47:49 pm »

Joshua got stabbed to death when I remembered the boss had a short spear.

I hate this chapter.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16145 on: January 03, 2016, 12:45:10 pm »

A cop with... mommy issues sent me to go kill a drug dealer.

I decided to spare him, partly because of said cop's previous spiel about redemption, et cetera. Actual cops showed up, and I only had a sliver of health just getting to the dealer. I had already pretty much given up when my wanted level shot up to 3. Never made it out of the building.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16146 on: January 03, 2016, 12:54:12 pm »

Killed by a Kobold during an attempted pacifist run of Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup.
thincake

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16147 on: January 03, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »

Went out for a drink with the sister of a psychotic, overprotective, Irish gangster. Turns out she's just as psychotic when supplied with alcohol. Was too drunk afterwards to find my car. Picked one that looks like it. It wasn't, but I pulled away before I smashed the window in. The cop nearby saw it anyway, resulting in a wanted level. I ran to another car, smashed the window, but got pulled out before I could drive off.

The psychotic Irish gangster's sister ran off.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16148 on: January 03, 2016, 04:45:36 pm »

That particular interaction in the game ruined it for me, but not 'til later.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #16149 on: January 03, 2016, 04:59:47 pm »

Went out for a drink with the sister of a psychotic, overprotective, Irish gangster. Turns out she's just as psychotic when supplied with alcohol. Was too drunk afterwards to find my car. Picked one that looks like it. It wasn't, but I pulled away before I smashed the window in. The cop nearby saw it anyway, resulting in a wanted level. I ran to another car, smashed the window, but got pulled out before I could drive off.

The psychotic Irish gangster's sister ran off.

Comedy gold. Complaining about getting catched for trying to steal a car beacause you didin't notice it wasn't the one you stole before.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16150 on: January 03, 2016, 05:04:43 pm »

Almost, I'm complaining about getting caught because I tried to steal a car that wasn't the one I stole before, while attempting to steal a third car to make a getaway.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16151 on: January 03, 2016, 09:31:42 pm »

Your contact in Staroye expects you to be psychic and know what he means by "the big work site" and "under your nose". I drove my squad up and down the southern coast of Chernorussia for about an hour, investigating any spot on the map that had the factory symbol, and found nothing. Because I just wanted ANYTHING to do, I had the transport chopper pick us up from Chernogorsk and drop us next to a town deep within enemy territory.

The pilot tried to land the helicopter on top of a tree. This of course resulted in the chopper's destruction, and there is no way I'm about to walk all over the map.

ARMA 2. Razor Two is quickly becoming my least-favorite mission in any game, ever. I could have SKIPPED this mission, too!
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16152 on: January 04, 2016, 05:36:34 am »

I recently picked up CKII at a price I couldn't refuse, so I loaded it up and played the tutorial scenario, which had me controlling the kingdom of Léon, in what will later become Spain.

The tutorial part of the scenario went without a hitch, so I continued playing. Immediately the king of Croatia, on the other bloody side of Europe, gets the Pope to Excommunicate me for no reason I could see.

Suddenly, all my vassals, my wife and my newborn son all hate me (You have been Excommunicated! Your wife has given birth to a son! Son instantly despises me for being Excommunicated). Factions everywhere.

After much diplomacy and ass-kissing (sending my diplomat and chancellor to Rome), I get the Excommunication lifted. Then I die, splitting the Kingdom in two due to my kingdom's inheritance laws.

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16153 on: January 04, 2016, 05:53:55 am »

My TIE interceptor got jumped by a Su37 plasma bomber.
Robocraft.
My ATAT was railgunned by a X-wing.
Same game.
My ATDT held up shit against a tank.
Same game.
My jet-propelled tank ended up flipping and got stuck in a crevice. Technically not dead as nobody noticed me the entire round.
Robocraft.

What's the color of the next car?
Red, yer bastard.
I was plasmabombed by a red ferrari lookalike that went just about as fast as one. I was in my Death Star reconstruction and fired my lazer, missing.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16154 on: January 04, 2016, 06:39:41 am »

The thing about exclusively jet-powered tanks is that losing literally anything will throw off your center of mass or center of thrust, making it really hard to steer.

I was experimenting with a tower-shaped hover vehicle when I lost interest in the game. Besides the obvious issues with tipping and topheaviness, it seemed to be a fairly successful line of pursuit.
Pages: 1 ... 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 ... 1575