Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370538 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16095 on: December 29, 2015, 08:26:19 pm »

Hey, at least you didn't suffer Nethack's .4% or whatever chance of dying from a bee sting.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16096 on: December 29, 2015, 08:59:37 pm »

On the roguelike note, I just cleared Crypt of the Necrodancer with Bard.  IE, roguelike-mode:  Time only passes when you move.  I had to turn the music off actually, since otherwise I kept instinctually rushing decisions and had many a stupid death.  With the music off it was easy.

Less easy:  The main character.  I finally acquire the Golden Lute, but failed.  Presumably died.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't get the songs out of my head...  So catchy, love this game's concept.  And characters.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: December 30, 2015, 10:46:47 am »

REMOVE SKULLS remove skulls
you are worst skull. you are the skull idiot you are the skull smell. return to cypher. to our cypher cousins you may come our mother base. you may live in the animal conservation platform... .ahahahahaha

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: December 30, 2015, 11:33:03 am »

you are worst skull. you are the skull idiot you are the skull smell. return to cypher. to our cypher cousins you may come our mother base. you may live in the animal conservation platform... .ahahahahaha

Hint- There is nothing stopping you from using a tank
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: December 30, 2015, 11:36:36 am »

Except for your pride (hah!)

I didn't even engage the snipers the first time, instead slowly maneuvring around with the the help of D dog (best buddy no contest). Such stealth. Maybe you could try that? Or indeed go for gold and drop heavy armor in there, fun times assured.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: December 30, 2015, 12:10:44 pm »

Except for your pride (hah!)

I didn't even engage the snipers the first time, instead slowly maneuvring around with the the help of D dog (best buddy no contest). Such stealth. Maybe you could try that? Or indeed go for gold and drop heavy armor in there, fun times assured.

I took them all out with the tranq-sniper rifle.

Was most upset that I couldn't extract them.

/bragging
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: December 30, 2015, 12:16:50 pm »

I believe tranc and regular sniper rifle need about the same amount of (head)shots? I did the same the second time around on the 'hard' difficulty version of the mission. And you can extract them, it's how you get the invisibility parasites for the skulls armor.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: December 30, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

I believe tranc and regular sniper rifle need about the same amount of (head)shots? I did the same the second time around on the 'hard' difficulty version of the mission. And you can extract them, it's how you get the invisibility parasites for the skulls armor.

I know.

The extreme version I'm... not so good :)) I don't think I managed to take one of them down yet, but I've also not played in a few months so... not going back to it for a bit heh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: December 30, 2015, 03:56:11 pm »

For the skull snipers, I just drove really fast to the crack in the cliff. Didn't get spotted once.  8)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: December 30, 2015, 07:56:25 pm »

I owned, but I died in the end so I suppose it goes here.

This time it was a mission to capture a single point on a hill. All previous games, the most I'd gotten was 2 kills, and more often I barely got an assist before dying. But this time... either I was ridiculously lucky, or the opposing team was just bad. I was in the starter American tank. 7 kills and 2 assists, and I was the only one holding the hill against the assault. I was expecting death at kill number 2. They only got me after they rushed the hill with 3 at once.

I'd held it long enough they barely had any points left, but after I was killed they held the hill for the rest of the game.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: December 30, 2015, 11:12:53 pm »

While assisting the valiant crew of the USS Constitution in driving off scavanger scoundrels, the sole survivor of Vault 111 - Victoria - takes a few shots at one of the few remaining enemies.
Evidently one of the projectiles went awry, coming into contact with some ground force of the Constitution. This, of course, did not go over well with Captain Ironsides.
He proceeded to stand in front of Victoria threateningly for several seconds, doing absolutely nothing, before slowly shredding her with his machinegun. She then collapses anticlimactically to the ground, dead.

Whoops. :P
Fallout 4
Black lives matter.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: December 30, 2015, 11:26:27 pm »

Goatfolk pariah who really didn't like me calling him a pariah.
Fullerite axe to the chest.

Caves of Qud.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: December 31, 2015, 04:02:33 am »

The cure research made me panic a bit, so I started killing people too early. There were 8 million people left, spread around the African continent when the last carrier died.

Plague, Inc.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: December 31, 2015, 06:39:08 am »

Some cyborgs decided they didn't like the cut of my jib.  The thing about cyborgs is that they get more powerful the longer a fight goes on, and it was a lategame fight with a lot of high health melee enemies.  I noticed they were getting too powerful and retreated.  There was nothing at stake and no one died.

Upon hearing of our one, mostly nominal defeat (we got resources and gunned down most of the enemy troops), half of the passengers I was supposed to be transporting hurled themselves off of the dozer rather than continue on.  What the hell is this game?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: December 31, 2015, 12:22:01 pm »

Fought the Bandit 8-Pounder Cannon for the first time. In retrospect my party was pretty badly set up. Not enough dps. Also, cannonballs hurt. Everyone died.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1575