Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370843 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16050 on: December 20, 2015, 03:55:44 pm »

So I had a prison with just over 100 prisoners and everything was running fine on its own. I even had it divided into to different prison buildings so that I could experiment with prison setups. Then the kitchen of one building caught fire while I simultaneously got dozens of extra prisoners from another event. I called the firemen, but it took me a while to figure out that firemen were issued orders with right-clicking instead of left-clicking. By the time I had them putting out the fire, I'd already lost about 50 people to the fire.

At the same time as the fire, the other prison building had a sudden riot where at least a dozen guards died. The rioting prisoners were stopped in the infirmary, but the guards refused to go into the building to catch the last dozen rioters because they prisoners that were caught kept trying to run away again. The game ended six in-game hours later because I couldn't quell the riot (and yes, I realized later that I could have called some riot police).

tl;dr my prison was destroyed by dozens of extra prisoners and fire and riots and bad management.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16051 on: December 20, 2015, 09:53:11 pm »

Apparently I can't play blue baby without every item being mind-bogglingly shit. I want the D6, game! I want to be able to beat Isaac, not have to deal with receiving bloody useless upgrades for my bombs time and time again.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Bomb upgrades, while pretty poor in general, are not useless. Imagine getting nothing but HP-up items and items that restore red hearts (Yum Heart, Placenta, the vampire items) as Blue Baby >.>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16052 on: December 21, 2015, 02:07:15 am »

I AM MINDBOGGLINGLY TERRIBLE AT THIS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16053 on: December 22, 2015, 11:27:44 pm »

Gandhi got Democracy after like twenty turns and immediately went apeshit on me, then started weirdly fluctuating between republic-democracy-communist, occasionally offering peace treaties when he was a Communist which he broke the second his aggressiveness value rolled back around to 255. As he'd already taken over Russia and Central Asia, and was slowly pushing the Japanese back onto Japan, I realized that I made the first classic blunder and started a land war in Asia.

From the East, Gandhi's technologically advanced guerrilla armies closed in on my mid-1800s cavalry. I could only hold off Gandhi so long, and my lack of weaponry more advanced than his made sieges on his cities impossible. The Romans were far too weak to have any effect on Gandhi's armies, the Germans Africans were too far away and too weak to help effectively, and the Japanese fell beneath his might, as well.

From the West, the North American Aztecs, led by Montezuma, had been isolated so long that after they killed the French South Americans (before Antiquity even started, might I add) they just sort of turned North America into a gigantic railroad. They then declared war on me, and approach was made impossible by their army of submarines, barring any sort of attempt to seek asylum in the West.

Winston Churchill has failed his country.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16054 on: December 23, 2015, 01:08:27 am »

Yet another man claimed by War-hungry Gandhi. Still proud of the day I defeated Nuclear Gandhi.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16055 on: December 23, 2015, 04:07:09 am »

This was the first time I got to the Cyberdemon. In my haste I forgot that I had rockets and kept peppering the guy with my shotgun.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16056 on: December 24, 2015, 12:39:59 am »

My first suicidal mission ever was against Cyborgs.  We got all the objectives, except for a "capture area" objective surrounded by two volcanic geysers and three lava pits.  We were also out of anti-tank.

We kept pushing forward to the objective, only to be forced to retreat by a cybernetic mech or tank.  I retrieved my rocket launcher but I couldn't find the ammo pack; in the end it was just me, with no rockets, no assault rifle clips, and a single pistol magazine.  I beat a robot dog to death with my bare hands.

Then a new squad came and we pushed back onto the point.  Then a tank came roaring down one of the land bridges and ran over the new guy.  We retreated, then we pushed back.  The cycle continues.

The mission ended not with the death of the squad, but the mysterious error message "application must quit immediately."

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16057 on: December 24, 2015, 01:29:53 am »

I thought pick pocketing would solve a quest in the brothel. Turns out, pick pocketing is a hostile action, and will summon seventy bajillion guards if you fail. Queue much savescumming, only to find out that pick pocketing was NOT the solution.

Planescape: Torment. I like that the quest design generally respects your intelligence. The problem is I'm not that smart sometimes. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16058 on: December 24, 2015, 07:56:16 am »

Built up a decent little farming town. Managed to get tax income higher than expenditures. For some reason, the citizens were complaining the town was a deathtrap(Safety rating was near-zero), possibly due to a single unimportant street with moderate traffic congestion which appeared to have explosive traffic accidents every few seconds.

After saving the city, I noticed I had forgotten to change the mayor name from the crappy default. I tried to edit the savefile to change the name. Opening the game again, the town was gone from the map.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:48:47 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16059 on: December 24, 2015, 08:30:37 pm »

NO COME BACK I LOVE YOU LIVE DAMN YOU LIVE
My battery died.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16060 on: December 24, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »

Ambushed by a crapton of goons who were shooting at my chopper pilot. Broke my (mostly) pacifist run to try and save her, popping headshots with my heavily-modified pistol. Got pinned down by a fuckhuge attack bot. Ragequit upon not being able to save the pilot.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #16061 on: December 24, 2015, 09:32:44 pm »

Ambushed by a crapton of goons who were shooting at my chopper pilot. Broke my (mostly) pacifist run to try and save her, popping headshots with my heavily-modified pistol. Got pinned down by a fuckhuge attack bot. Ragequit upon not being able to save the pilot.

I got punched in the dick.  Getting punched in the dick hurts ;_;

Saint's Row IV
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:12:55 pm by Cthulufaic »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16062 on: December 24, 2015, 10:09:41 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #16063 on: December 25, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »

I hope to christ there is an easier way to do this.  Firstly, I have to time my melee attacks to counter her melee attacks in order to stun her so that I can deal damage to the AI.  Secondly, I have to make sure not to deal damage to her mecha robot, or else if the robot dies before the AI I lose.  Thirdly, it looks like it might take EIGHT OR NINE TIMES dealing damage to the AI to win.  And of course, IT'S FINICKY AS FUCK and sometimes I could counter her upwards of 6 times without her becoming stunned.

Holy dicks this is hard, and it'd still be hard if the bitch didn't deal damage TO HERSELF.

I REALLY hope there is a better way to do this.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #16064 on: December 25, 2015, 07:59:00 pm »

The hard drive my friend runs our minecraft server from got corrupted. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1575