Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372190 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15840 on: November 15, 2015, 03:09:46 pm »

Off topic: Wavy tube is to prevent contamination by external bacteria/particles.  Check out Pasteur's s-shaped flask neck experiment.

Ordinary brewing tends to simply be yeast plus water plus sugar, to produce a certain level of alcohol.  As alcohol is toxic, the yeast tends to die off at around 14% concentration (which is, not coincidentally, about the strongest you can find in top-strength beer).  Distilling basically involves heating the resulting mixture and separating out the components - ethanol alcohol boils at a lower temperature than water, so will evaporate first - you collect it, condense it, and you're left with purer alcohol concentrations.

If you screw it up, you can really screw it up.  Hence why home brewing (of beer) is far more common, and more widely legal.

Edit: also, if you're talking about the 'wavy' tube on the distillery (rather than the brewery), that may well be the condensing tube.  Look up a Liebig Condenser for a slightly more lab-friendly and less wiggly example.

On topic: molotov to the face.  Fallout 4.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:17:20 pm by jhxmt »
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: November 15, 2015, 04:10:21 pm »

It's not like distilling molotov alcohol would be hard, methanol burns fine and the boiling point difference is somewhere between twenty and thirty Celsius.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: November 15, 2015, 04:12:20 pm »

Was exploring somebody else's work-in-progress house on MineGrumps, when a creeper exploded me from behind. I was jumping and standing on a slight incline when the blast hit, so the fall damage was enough to finish me after the explosion took most of my health away.

Minecraft. MineGrumps is one of the better public servers I've been on, although it's much more creative than survival-focused.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: November 16, 2015, 01:14:27 am »

Rolled off a bridge into the ravine. Backed off a bridge into the ravine. Stabbed off a bridge into the ravine. Accidentally ran off a bridge into the ravine. Missed a Hollow and fell off a bridge into the ravine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: November 16, 2015, 01:52:36 am »

Rolled off a bridge into the ravine. Backed off a bridge into the ravine. Stabbed off a bridge into the ravine. Accidentally ran off a bridge into the ravine. Missed a Hollow and fell off a bridge into the ravine.

Don't forget getting flung off a bridge into the ravine from the impact of an arrow.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: November 16, 2015, 03:20:40 am »

Built a cobble generator for my castle and left the lava source block uncovered. I was harvesting the cobblestone from the top, when server lag caused me and a block to occupy the same space for a split second. I got pushed off the cobblestone into the lava. I managed to get out of the lava so my items were saved, but I burned to death regardless.

This was actually the second time I fell into the lava. The first time I managed to get out and jump into the pond nearby... and I didn't think to cover the lava up with anything.

Minecraft, on the MineGrumps server.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #15846 on: November 16, 2015, 06:36:00 am »

Man, I really ought to get Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: November 16, 2015, 06:41:54 am »

Get it on console. I don't regret playing it, but I do regret that I bought the PC version. It's one of the worst console-to-PC ports I have ever played.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #15848 on: November 16, 2015, 06:45:32 am »

Get it on console. I don't regret playing it, but I do regret that I bought the PC version. It's one of the worst console-to-PC ports I have ever played.

Then I'd have to get a console, too. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: November 16, 2015, 06:53:38 am »

Don't listen to all the crazies, it's only hours and hours of work to get it to a somewhat functioning state with keyboard and mouse!

it was worth it though

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: November 16, 2015, 07:13:30 am »

I play it with a controller and it was still extra work. Just to get it kind of working with one of the controllers I have.

Oh, and sometimes it boots me out because of low frame rate, even when I'm going at a pretty smooth 30 fps for the entire session.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: November 16, 2015, 07:54:22 am »

W-why not 60fps? Are you some kinda /console/ player? HUH?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: November 16, 2015, 08:08:00 am »

I first beat half-life with a keyboard without a mouse.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: November 16, 2015, 12:32:05 pm »

W-why not 60fps? Are you some kinda /console/ player? HUH?

No, I have bills to pay and $600 was the most I could justify for the biggest, most expensive luxury item in my entire apartment :p

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: November 16, 2015, 12:48:12 pm »

Pretty sure pc Dark Souls initially has a max of 30 fps due to being a console port to pc quirks of the developers. There's a mod to change that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1575