Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372519 times)

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15795 on: November 06, 2015, 05:36:15 am »

Replaying Bloodborne (eager to play The Old Hunters DLC). Somehow, the Clerical Beast killed me. Twice. It's me or this game looks better everytime I play it?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #15796 on: November 06, 2015, 11:51:59 am »

ABSOLUTELY HALAL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:55:29 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: November 06, 2015, 01:49:49 pm »

Learned to work around the new overload mechanics, so this update isn't quite as terrible as I thought it was at first.

However, I still haven't gotten the hang of diving on ground targets. I crashed about half my planes on Mediterranean Island because I got greedy and pulled out of a dive too late.

War Thunder.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: November 06, 2015, 04:29:10 pm »

Lanius decapitated me in a single swing.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #15799 on: November 06, 2015, 05:03:51 pm »

RIP
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: November 06, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »

From what I've seen, the stat cards are nearly useless and haven't been updated for some time. So there's that.

Also, before a meteor shower passes through, that game is War Thunder.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:54 pm »

A tank shot my tank and injured me, then I was shot, then I was shot again, then artillery injured me, then artillery finally killed me. I am nothing if not durable.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: November 06, 2015, 10:34:14 pm »

Yeesh, I'm probably just too used to playing Reimu, but Sakuya seems to have a *negative* border-between-life-and-death or whatever flowery phrase the game calls it.
Basically with Reimu, I can hear the impact and deploy a bomb to survive.  With Sakuya I see the bullet coming and bomb before it even hits, I thought, but still ded.

Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: November 07, 2015, 11:10:13 pm »

A great many other thread-worthy deaths preceded this one, but I think this is a stellar place to start:

Started a new character, decided to try out martial arts. Get my crowbar, head into town, start looting the place. Take a few scrapes from zombies, loot a library, find some food and a gallon of water, and start trying to lose the pursuing horde and find a spot to hang out and read. The usual starting stuff.

Walk into a boarded-up house to escape a bloated zombie. Since he's waiting outside the front door, I pry open a random window to escape. (You can't see out of boarded-up windows until you pry them open.)

I can now see a poison cloud outside, from a different, recently-exploded bloated zombie. A bit strange, I think, but they often suicide to poison feral animals and the like, so it's not yet worrying. Since the window was smashed, and going outside before the gas clears is dangerous, I start cleaning the broken glass.

I'm rudely interrupted by a tank drone pulling into the window frame. I'm first informed about it when it's already in melee range.

After confirming that no, my brand-new character cannot punch through a tank's armour, I try to flee deeper into the building. The drone responds by incinerating me with its flamethrower, blasting through the door I hastily closed, and finishing me off before I could reach another window.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: November 08, 2015, 09:18:47 am »

Ragequite after several random deaths in a row to lesser enemies, including a contact death with a fairy I'm pretty damn sure I didn't touch.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: November 08, 2015, 08:33:04 pm »

As it turns out, if you gain the crown of life on Rogue, the portal strike canisters turn into rad canisters.

So I basically had no ability.  Ran low on ammo, reached throne with a grenade rifle and a lightning rifle.  And like 3 health.  It did not go my way, suffice to say.

Edit: Oh, and I dropped my perfectly good weapons to pick up a grenade rifle and blood launcher, because they seemed so different I forgot they were the same ammo type.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:36:12 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: November 08, 2015, 08:38:47 pm »

I can now see a poison cloud outside, from a different, recently-exploded bloated zombie. A bit strange, I think, but they often suicide to poison feral animals and the like, so it's not yet worrying. Since the window was smashed, and going outside before the gas clears is dangerous, I start cleaning the broken glass.

You (S)mash the wndow again to clean the glass both quicker than the construction job and with more noise.

I think we need a fail thread instead of a 'own' thread and a 'die' thread.  I failed to bullwhip a zombie to death because I had on an undershirt, a long-sleeve shirt, a kevlar vest, a utility vest, a chest rig, drop pouches, another long-sleeve shirt, 2 sweaters, a hoodie, and 2 down blankets draped around me like capes.   was shooting him for 1 damage and the bullwhip was reflecting off him.

CDDA
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: November 08, 2015, 09:15:14 pm »

Somebody suplexed five boulders, just because they could

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: November 08, 2015, 09:41:42 pm »

You (S)mash the wndow again to clean the glass both quicker than the construction job and with more noise.

...seriously? TIL. I guess it makes sense, actually; I've noticed zombies cleaning the windows before coming through, so them smashing it makes sense.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: November 09, 2015, 09:55:55 am »

After a decade or so of holding back the Doom Blobs of Egypt and Pergamon, the floodgates finally broke and the Bactrian Empire came to an end. Frenzied 20-stacks rampaged through my interior. Oh, yes, there were still victories - the utter destruction of the pride of Egypt, the elite Ptah's Justice, outside the very gates of Baktra. The slaughter inflicted by the Ares' Wrath horse archer corps in many battles. Desperate defences against Cypriot sieges of... that one port city.

But hunger and poverty killed me slowly. My last armies did what they could to delay the inevitable, but with the enemy closing in from every direction and attrition halving their numbers, it was hopeless.

Finally, they faced the might of Pergamon in a last stand that will be remembered for generations; the Battle of the Crossing. Each general was hardened by years of constant war (as in, I'd never seen some of these commander abilities before!). Each man was a bloody veteran. And so they stood, holding the river crossing against the never-ending tide, pikes at the ready, lighter infantry plugging the gaps, eagle-eyed slingers raining death from behind; the cavalry corps striking hard behind enemy lines, taking hundreds with them to Hades. Elephants rampaged through the enemy ranks, and no man feared death nor dishonor.

And in the end, it was not enough. The Generals, the final heroes of Bactria, died in last, desperate charges after the river line broke, screaming their defiance into the faces of their conquerors. It is said that General Cheron, the last of them to die, ripped off his own breastplate before charging into the enemy pikes so they could, at last, pierce the heart of Bactria.

Now foreign boots march on Bactrian soil and defile her people. No inch of land remains that has not been soaked in blood by the brave sons of Bactria in her defence. The Enemy has paid a dear price for their conquest. Let no man, woman or child forget Bactria, for she died with honor!

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1575