Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372754 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15720 on: October 28, 2015, 09:56:38 pm »

Skyrim makes Stealth an attractive option
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: October 28, 2015, 10:00:24 pm »

I like to play Skyrim with backstoried characters, i.e. one of the three play-styles, and stick with it. In this character's case, she's all melee. So that's out the window. Shouts are good, but the best way to interrupt spell casting is with a shield bash - unfortunately, the stamina drain of frost spells persists.
Also, heavy armor. And sneaking.
Alright.
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: October 28, 2015, 10:31:22 pm »

But I don't have Dah yet ;-; I've been doing side quests and such, because I was doing the Companions' quest line but nobody seems to want to give me any jobs to do.
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: October 28, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »

I had 3 characters for skyrim.

The Breton Battlemage Loyalist, who forsoke necromancy/summoning/dragonshouting in favor of mediocre element spells and bucko support spells.  Tanky, arguably too OP, an old standby for TES sinceMorrowind..

The argonian necromancer.  Wields an axe and close range attack magic (i.e. 'touch') and uses a bow im vanilla cuz illusion sucks in it.  Loyal to himself, a racist, hates simple thieves.  Obviously has severed his conection with Hist  so far as he can, though has mixed feeling about that.

A nordic diplomat, trained in light combat bit prefering to peaceably take as much as he can through social/political movements.  Feels remorse and sttuggles with greed, doesnt always play fair.  True story,  more fun to play in morrowind or even oblivion than skrim, tjough that might be my bias because of total hours played.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: October 29, 2015, 12:31:42 am »

I play the same character that I've played in every Elder Scrolls game, a tanky Kahjiit with some thief skills. Because I have no imagination, and learning to play a new type of character is difficult.

It started because melee characters had the easiest start in Morrowind, since there's abundant physical weapons whereas ammunition was hard to come by, and magic was slow and prone to failure at early levels.

But with Skyrim, now that everything is equally easy, there's no reason not to have some skill in everything.... sigh.....
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15725 on: October 29, 2015, 12:42:52 am »

I kinda always play a Bosmer kleptomaniac stealth-archer.
I play other things too, but most of my hours in Morrowind, Oblivion, and even Skyrim have been that.  I dallied in dunmer, khajiit, and in Skyrim a...  I dread to say it...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think even my Arena character was a bosmer, haha.  Jeez that game did not age well.  Huge open world full of nothing, and asshole villagers.  Even worse than Daggerfall's.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: October 29, 2015, 12:45:58 am »

I thought Arena's dungeons were fun. The fact that every floor is laid out in a 2D grid makes them much easier to explore, you can still get to grips with your surroundings even though everything looks the same. Daggerfall didn't even have that :^y

I play Daggerfall for exactly two hours every couple of years, when I think "Maybe I'll like it THIS time."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15727 on: October 29, 2015, 07:39:22 am »

So far my three Skyrim characters have been said Orcish warrior woman, who (thanks to Live Another Life) was robbed and left to die in.. the middle of the road somewhere. Obviously this was a sign that she should start kicking ass, which is what she did. Now she goes around helping people and looking for new challenges [cough loot-giving sidequests].

My thief-style character is a Bosmer agent (Classic Classes/Birthsigns) who started out as a Blackblood Marauder, before he had to murder them. A shame. Now he travels through Skyrim, picking and choosing who to assist as long as there's gold in it for him. Also he's a vampire lord now, fun.

Obligatory "specializes in every magic" mage is obligatory. I... haven't played her much, but she's currently the Arch-Mage at the College, so. At level 9, too! And she has the Bromjunaar mask, so I gotta get all those dragon priest masks. And the Galdur Amulet, of course. Need that.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15728 on: October 29, 2015, 07:57:32 am »

I usually start off with a thief/assassin type character (bows and single-handed weapons, usually a dagger) as a Khajiit, and then stop playing as them, start again as one of the elves as a mage then finish the game, then start again as a thief/assassin type character...

Anyway, on topic perhaps? :P

I died a lot in MGO because Cloak and Dagger is quite difficult :)) evidently I haven't quite grasped the concept of stealth yet, in that it generally involves not cutting across the middle of a well lit area while standing up.

Also snipers.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: October 29, 2015, 09:54:28 am »

Out my last few characters, the first was a Breton, pure mage, but magic in Skyrim just isn't as satisfying as it should be.

Second character was an unarmed-focused Khajit using alteration instead of armor. I splashed in archery once I got all relevant enchanting perks to put punching enchantment on everything. I named her Mittens. Unfortunately, she doesn't do so well on Master/Legendary.

My current character is another Breton, but focused on mod weapons. Specifically, as skirmisher using a flintlock rifle, throwing knives, and potion grenades; no monocle/top-hat mods unfortunately. I can roll over small groups and pick off larger ones; but I get cut down quick if surrounded. I pretty much gave up armor entirely in favor of enchanting and alteration (and lord stone), especially after getting a mod that lets me sustain ebonyflesh in exchange for some max magicka. Also, 100% spell absorb (Atronach perk + Atronach stone + Dragonskin Racial power).

Speaking of which:
Spoiler: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15730 on: October 29, 2015, 06:07:53 pm »

I started playing War Thunder. It's really fun, even though the air combat isn't as realistic as I'd like.

Anyways, there was one guy who kept popping up in matches, and he pissed me off to no end. His name was some anime thing with a bunch of numbers and symbols in it, like those joke Xbox Live usernames except it was real. Also, whatever he was flying was insanely durable, so I could spend minutes just chasing him around and doing squat to him.

Near the last bits of a match, when I was just kind of dicking around since victory was secure, I was chasing after this guy relentlessly. He was going after ground targets, so I was constantly diving, turning and pulling back up to keep on his tail. One time, I pulled up too late and damaged my propeller. I lost engine power fast, so my only option was to try and go for a soft landing.

I made it to the ground AND I got the kill assist, but it was still a "death". It was the end of the match anyway, so I didn't even have a chance to respawn before the game ended.

War Thunder.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: October 29, 2015, 06:46:10 pm »

didn't realise it was a bag zipline. the vat was not pleased

Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15732 on: October 29, 2015, 07:09:10 pm »

Poor Communication Kills is the trope I embody the most with things like this (yet ironically, I'm a much better communicator for jobs I sign up for when I freelance; Funny that.). As a result, everybody exploded; again, and again.

I'm giving myself the codename "Achilles's Heel" since I'm really that terrible at communicating in a group. Being a gamer that doesn't usually read game manuals (which naturally comes to bite me in the ass), and being teamed up with programmers and engineers (who can actually communicate with each other, no problem), I feel like I should wear a dunce cap everytime I play.

Games like this makes me wish I can pause time to think things through, and take my time to get my crap together, and hell, even rewind/backtrack time where statements are made and such; kinda like those magic stopwatches and such from fiction.

EDIT:
I don't know how much better I would fare being the one working with the bomb, however. Since I can see the big picture better than my siblings when we play, I would clear some of the lesser info ASAP first (# batteries, as much of the serial # possible (the main one, not other devices on the bomb), etc.) before I do ANYTHING involving puzzles/disarmings. Minimize the questions that need to be asked before anything gets touched.

By that observation, at least, my brothers aren't that much better at communicating than I am (they're more detail-oriented and smaller picture, which ends up needing more questions asked, since time is a luxury, this isn't efficient); or at least, the order of operations we go through are vastly different from one another. In this case, I'm more visually attuned and big picture, and would get the unchanging stuff away first when I describe stuff.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:16:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: October 29, 2015, 07:34:58 pm »

So how does one end up playing a game like this? It doesn't seem like the type of game one would just see in a store one day, say it looks fun, and then buy it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15734 on: October 29, 2015, 07:40:02 pm »

I actually think it looks like a ton of fun, if you're talking about Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes. If I had more friends that were in to weird local-only multiplayer games, I'd totally pick it up. But I don't, so I won't. :P
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1575