Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372677 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15675 on: October 22, 2015, 12:08:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure he woke up and resumed his journey sans-bodyguards.  Probably started a low alert, but I'm not even sure.  The intel was useless though - yeah I don't know what they mean by "the interrogation is at night".  Maybe the interpreter waits somewhere until dusk, if he happens to get there during the day.  I've never waited that long.

I think it basically means that the Viscount and the interpreter won't meet until night-time.

I always do night-time missions though, so it never really bothered me...

As you probably know, the interpreter makes the rounds in his jeep to the other 3 prisoners and interrogates them, and then goes off to talk to the Viscount.

I took the jeep away one time, and he interrogated the first prisoner and then wandered about for a bit, didn't even reach the second prisoner before it came time to go talk to the Viscount. It was quite bizarre.

Then I lobbed a sleep grenade in the window and got everyone out, or shot the guys who weren't good enough.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15676 on: October 22, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »

I don't have the +2 Cargo Fulton yet ;-;
Also, I have done the mission before in my first playthrough, but I forgot exactly where he is.
Black lives matter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15677 on: October 22, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »

Just fulton the interpreter.
Kaz is like 'God dammit boss' but he'll... Ahem... Extract information from him that helps you figure out where he is.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: October 22, 2015, 04:47:00 pm »

I hope you're playing it couch co-op with a friend. Believe me, the game is 500% more fun that way.

I have no friends. Actually, I have one friend on my Steam list, but I don't know who it is(some B12er, I think), when they got on my friends list, or how to get them off my friend list.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15679 on: October 22, 2015, 05:04:42 pm »

Got steamrolled by Santiago and her ridiculously massive army. Seriously, how does she even have needlejets already?!

Alpha centauri.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:13:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: October 22, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »

After 94 days of rule, the kingdom fell to the war of attrition against the night monsters. Casualties from nightly raids to people-eating flying monsters caused an initial weakness in defense, and I couldn't recruit enough new people from the two remaining camps to outpace the nightly losses. Archers would take a station in a far out undefended watchtower, and be devoured by fliers the night they arrived. As more people died, income decreased, then plummeted. The king could barely afford hiring a few workers or a handful of archers. Walls fell, one by one, with too few workers to rebuild before nightfall came, when the infinite hordes of imps and hulking brutes destroyed the next wall and ravaged the next farmlands. The fields of farmers that were once so populous and profitable became bleak and desolate and empty.

Once filled with wealth overflowing, in its final days the kingdom had only four archers, a single worker, no farmers (or defensible farmland) and only 2 coins of gold in the king's pouch. The king was last seen giving his last two coins to a civilian to purchase a bow, before heading off into the wilderness as night fell. He was not seen again.

The kingdom died not with a bang, but with a long drawn out whimper.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15681 on: October 22, 2015, 09:56:42 pm »

So... apparently 200% dominator tech is... way too much.  I spent the last few hours trying to hit and run this one ship, to no avail... while it has a kill list in the hundreds. (50 extra rangers, I went up to the top 15, cause new rangers replacing the old ones start at 0 xp.)
The problem is compounded by the fact that the coalition's tech is at the basic/0 and new equipment is finite, as in they use the same shops as me...  Pirates were losing ground too, despite the fact that they were set to tough.

Gonna bring that tech down to 150%.

Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: October 23, 2015, 12:54:48 am »

Got steamrolled by Santiago and her ridiculously massive army. Seriously, how does she even have needlejets already?!

Alpha centauri.
She probably had the tech shared with her by Zakharov. The only faction that seems to try and get tech from them more is the Believers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: October 23, 2015, 01:11:07 am »

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
This is hard mode, in sector 7.  I didn't run from many fights either (mainly because the ship was too slow to).  Until sector six, the burst laser III was instead a pike beam and a stun bomb.  Fuel and hull strength were low like that for large chunks of the run.

The fact that I survived that long was a miracle.  It didn't stick, suffice to say.  In the end it was a super-powered Lanius ship with four weapons, a mind control device, and a teleporter that finished off the old Kestral.  Oddly enough, during the friendly ASB event.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: October 23, 2015, 01:16:47 am »

Where do you target the mind control?  Pilot, to potentially negate dodge-chance?
I love that game, but I fear to advance past normal.  Where I usually, but don't always, win...  To be fair, often experimenting with new strategies.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: October 23, 2015, 01:30:20 am »

Yeah, helm.  Bought it in an effort to have SOMETHING to boost my offense (same reason I bought the pike beam and stun bomb).  Another valid offensive use is halting repairs, but that only works if you can do the damage in the first place...

If nothing else, MC can really save your bacon against the flagship's third form, so its never completely wasted.

For me, it accomplished a whole lot of nothing.  Found a rebel system filled with autoships, then when I did fight normal enemies they usually had upgraded helms so they could still dodge my shots.  Would have been much better off with a third shield layer.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: October 23, 2015, 02:34:43 am »

I found that hacking is a far more reliable way to negate the enemy's dodge chance, completely shutting the system (and any autopilot it might have) down for a time. Plus it locks the door to the helm, so if you can set it on fire or cause a breach you might be able to kill off the enemy pilot at the same time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: October 23, 2015, 04:07:26 am »

Do a ruin run they said! It will be easy they said!

Full team at full health. Then out of nowhere my starter plague doctor went from full health to 0 to deathblow in one bloody turn. Yep, nothing I could do about that.

I don't rage quit often but when I do, I punch a pillow.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: October 23, 2015, 06:12:15 am »

Do you know how it happened?  Was their an enemy that did that or was it just a random event?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: October 23, 2015, 08:38:26 am »

Do you know how it happened?  Was their an enemy that did that or was it just a random event?

It was random while fighting swines, not even a room battle. Dismas and Reynault missed their attacks, then the two hookswines in the front both scored crit and one of the back one killed her with vomit. Then it was the vestal's turn.
So long, usual suspects.
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1575