Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372551 times)

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15660 on: October 21, 2015, 03:20:16 am »

I was investigating a cave that I knew to be full of bobby traps, due to all the bobby traps I had already found. So I was moving slowly, keeping an eye out for mines and trip wires. One of the trip wires was on a downward slope, just at the point where the corridor became flooded. It sorta blended into that transition area, so I didn't spot it.

I didn't trigger it the first time I passed. I must have accidentally jumped over it when I jumped into the water. However, when I went back out of the water, I did trigger it. Must have released a grenade bouquet or something, because there was one huge explosion, leaving me quiet dead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: October 21, 2015, 12:18:47 pm »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: October 21, 2015, 04:08:52 pm »

Two Worlds.  I dusted off some old games for my mummy and I packed this one for myself ^_^  I remember it being fun enough.
I ALSO remember it being fun, specially with the perma-boost alchemy and resurrection spells. Shame the last time I tried to play it the game LAGGED HORRENDOUSLY. In singleplayer. Constantly. 360 version.

Anyway, FUCKING CAPRA DEMON. Twice he's killed me now, both times hitting me with the unblockable attack right out the gate, so I spent the first half the fight running around trying to find a place to pop estus. Second time I finally managed to kill the dogs with my rapier blockattack, and even managed to pop magic weapon TWICE, but then got staggered and died WHEN HE WAS ONE HIT FROM DEAD. GAHFUCK.

Dark Souls
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:12:46 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15663 on: October 21, 2015, 04:10:38 pm »

Two Worlds.  I dusted off some old games for my mummy and I packed this one for myself ^_^  I remember it being fun enough.
I ALSO remember it being fun, specially with the perma-boost alchemy and resurrection spells. Shame the last time I tried to play it the game LAGGED HORRENDOUSLY. In singleplayer. Constantly. 360 version.

Anyway, FUCKING CAPRA DEMON. Twice he's killed me now, both times hitting me with the unblockable attack right out the gate, so I spent the first half the fight running around trying to find a place to pop estus. Second time I finally managed to kill the dogs with my rapier blockattack, and even managed to pop magic weapon TWICE, but then got staggered and died WHEN HE WAS ONE HIT FROM DEAD. GAHFUCK.
Game?

I know it's Dark Souls, but you're still supposed to put the name.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: October 21, 2015, 04:10:57 pm »

Tip: Use alluring skulls.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: October 21, 2015, 04:13:55 pm »

Game?

I know it's Dark Souls, but you're still supposed to put the name.
Gah, edited it in. Forgot because I was angry at goat.

Tip: Use alluring skulls.
Huh...never thought of that.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: October 21, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »

I know what this is but it still slightly bothers me that you almost never include the name of the game you're playing, so:
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: October 21, 2015, 04:44:57 pm »

I was going to do that.

But I really couldn't be bothered so...

I mean there were two in a row as well :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: October 21, 2015, 10:48:12 pm »

A bear sized quadruped made of radiation and a portal for a head decided it wanted to body slam me.  I squished.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: October 22, 2015, 05:56:27 am »

Capcom's idea of easing you into the game is to make the first combat encounter against 50 or so enemies, while giving you about 20-30 bullets. In tight quarters.

And one of them is unkillable and carries a massive axe that can kill you in one hit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: October 22, 2015, 08:23:00 am »

Capcom's idea of easing you into the game is to make the first combat encounter against 50 or so enemies, while giving you about 20-30 bullets. In tight quarters.

And one of them is unkillable and carries a massive axe that can kill you in one hit.

I hope you're playing it couch co-op with a friend. Believe me, the game is 500% more fun that way. Not to mention easier, if you both know what you're doing.

But... yeah. Played the entire game with my brother, and that section was still pretty absurd. The best way to not die is to run around like an idiot. A lot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: October 22, 2015, 08:43:44 am »

Lingua. Goddamn. Franca.
Teeechnically neither of these were deaths, but they felt like it...
I'm supposed to tail two guys, one of whom an interpreter, as they interrogate targets. The guy I need to find is the "viscount". First prisoner isn't him, but I feel bad that they'll die if I don't do anything, so I extract him. Second guy... also not him. Second guy gets taken. Third g-- uh, lady isn't him but she gets taken... and gets me an alert. I didn't see that one guy...
Miller then tells me they're interrogating him at night... but it is nighttime, and I've played the mission through before so I know they haven't been to him. And since it's an alert, the interpreter and his friend start jogging instead of their .2 mph walk from earlier. Except they don't go to the viscount, they go back to where they were at the start of the mission. And I get caught.
Second time goes much the same way (minus the alert) but I have to go to bed before I can finish the mission. Excellent.
MGSV
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: October 22, 2015, 09:11:21 am »

Depending on what you're doing in the mission (specifically which tasks you want to complete) you don't even need to follow the guys.

They usually have a jeep though... did you take that away? :P

It always annoyed me in that mission when one of the prisoners refers to him as "the vizcount" whereas the others refer to him as "the viscount."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: October 22, 2015, 11:19:55 am »

I fucked that mission up on my first time. I extracted each of the prisoners after the team went through. On the second prisoner I started a little too soon, and someone saw one of the bodies when I was reloading. Between me and Quiet everyone was sleeping before they could fire off any shots or call it in, so I had to
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: October 22, 2015, 11:30:52 am »

On my first attempt I accidentally got spotted by the interpreter's group, tranqed them all, interrogated the interpreter, then kicked him twice so he fell asleep and woke up again.  While I ran off into the night.

I'm pretty sure he woke up and resumed his journey sans-bodyguards.  Probably started a low alert, but I'm not even sure.  The intel was useless though - yeah I don't know what they mean by "the interrogation is at night".  Maybe the interpreter waits somewhere until dusk, if he happens to get there during the day.  I've never waited that long.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1575