Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372465 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15630 on: October 17, 2015, 12:38:58 pm »

A dreadnought is basically armed, armored, and walking life support for a critically injured Marine. Considering how advanced Imperial medicine is (in some areas) and an individual Marine's ability to shrug off punishment, I'm guessing that yes, becoming a dreadnought is more or less permanent.
While theoretically it's possible to lock someone "not-dying" inside, but yeah, that is permanent AFAIK. The "tomb" inside is basically an armored coffin for the chest and head and basically nothing else. Practically, they also have no need of wasting men and locking someone inside, since influx of mortally wounded marines is always steady. And if they need more firepower, they have Terminators (which are called Tactical Dreadnoughts in fluff) also Centurions or Dreadknights. All of those were pretty much designed to be "Dreadnoughts without having a marine to die".
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: October 17, 2015, 01:03:13 pm »

Chaos is known to just shove non-crippled non-dying people into their dreadnoughts, as I recall. Mostly because most Chaos Space Marines will really strenuously object to being put in one, usually by smashing whoever put them in it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: October 17, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »

it doesnt really make sense to put just anybody in a dreadnought though. even if you're chaos, it sort of makes sense to use them to keep your experienced warriors going.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: October 17, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

Thts what a dreadnought does.  Just with the stipulation that 1) you win and 2) they dont suffer brain death before.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #15634 on: October 17, 2015, 02:09:27 pm »

Thts what a dreadnought does.  Just with the stipulation that 1) you win and 2) they dont suffer brain death before.
First point is optional, you can as well recover them during retreat or whatever, you just need an Apothecary and some kind of tranport, Rhino Ambulance or regular Thunderhawk will do.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: October 17, 2015, 04:32:41 pm »

I seriously do not know how I died three times during the same fight against Cirno. During each of her spellcards, too.

Also, how do you pronounce "Cirno"? I've seen it spelled "Chirno", so is it pronounced "cher-know"? Before that, I would have pronounced it "sir-know".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: October 17, 2015, 04:37:29 pm »

I seriously do not know how I died three times during the same fight against Cirno. During each of her spellcards, too.

Also, how do you pronounce "Cirno"? I've seen it spelled "Chirno", so is it pronounced "cher-know"? Before that, I would have pronounced it "sir-know".

I always thought it was Toe (as in toes on your feet) and Hoe (as in the gardening tool). Toehoe
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: October 17, 2015, 04:39:03 pm »

I pronounce it 'Toe-Hoo'.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: October 17, 2015, 04:42:28 pm »

I always say too hoo. Seems to be commonly abbreviated to 2hu, so...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: October 17, 2015, 05:01:14 pm »

I didn't really die since I suppose this is the intended ending to the mission, but it was still very frustrating so I'm going to share it anyway.

At the end of your first A10 mission, you're scripted to start losing fuel and engine power. You have to eject over enemy territory and get captured, or else you crash and die. No way to avoid it. Very irritating.

ARMA:CWA / OFP:CWC.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: October 17, 2015, 08:10:42 pm »

I think it's Chi-ru-no.    At least according to the kana. (note I am only learning the letters via playing a Japanese only online game.  I am not an expert by any means.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:12:21 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: October 17, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »

I always say too hoo. Seems to be commonly abbreviated to 2hu, so...

iirc the correct pronunciation is Tōhō. That is, the U after the O indicates a long vowel sound on the O. Similar is the word for school, 学校 (gakkou/gakkō). In this case, it has a doubled vowel and a doubled consonant.

I think it's Chi-ru-no.    At least according to the kana. (note I am only learning the letters via playing a Japanese only online game.  I am not an expert by any means.)

By the kana, it'd be Chiruno, but I assume she's supposed to be named after Cernobog, an early Slavic deity.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: October 18, 2015, 12:45:42 am »

4 of my 8 squadmembers were killed by an alien shooting through a UFO wall. I couldn't shoot back (100% blocked shot) so I was forced to just rush the door, which got everyone else killed because there was no cover.

Xenonauts  - I'm trying to ironman the game but I think I'm going to start over without ironman because of crap like this, it's not the first time I've been screwed over by the broken (or maybe just horribly designed and unintuitive) line of sight system.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: October 18, 2015, 07:18:44 am »

Drove my quad off a cliff, landed on the edge of another cliff, slammed into a guardrail that I thought I could break through, launched off the bike. My parachute equipped, but did not deploy. Bones shattered on impact.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: October 18, 2015, 02:26:48 pm »

Running Hell. So many deaths at the start just because my jetpack ran out of juice over instadeath spikes or I got stuck on a block.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1575