Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372462 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15615 on: October 16, 2015, 03:07:44 pm »

Hnnnnnnnnnnng, Rathianalos and his combos of doom are irritating as hell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT: stupid gender-specific names for the same species
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:26:42 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: October 16, 2015, 04:02:34 pm »

Invading Paradise Falls to rescue my sister. One of the slavers shoots me with a missile ._.

Fallout 3, modded.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15617 on: October 16, 2015, 07:13:58 pm »

Valiantly defending my homeworld from the death spasms of a Black Crusade, facing down a sea of Chaos Space Marines and more Greater Daemons that I cared to count. We won the battle, but I was critically wounded. My chapter will continue on without me.

The game was Chapter Master.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15618 on: October 16, 2015, 07:15:56 pm »

No Dreadnought?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:37 pm »

WE ARE THE IMPERIAL GUARD! IT'S TIME WE STARTED ACTING LIKE IT!!

*gets slaughtered en mass*

...Mission (not) accomplished.

No Dreadnought?
Can the CM be entombed in a Dreadnought? What are the implications of that? Can he still lead the chapter?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: October 16, 2015, 07:20:04 pm »

No Dreadnought?

We had about sixteen dreadnoughts at the time, but the game didn't give me the option to intern myself in any of them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: October 16, 2015, 07:21:48 pm »

WE ARE THE IMPERIAL GUARD! IT'S TIME WE STARTED ACTING LIKE IT!!

*gets slaughtered en mass*

...Mission (not) accomplished.

I remember that one. Karsikins. Max your infantry cap with Karsikins. HOLD THE LINE.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: October 16, 2015, 08:36:55 pm »

Some kid and his grandpa was going around collecting adamantine out of some meteorites.  Despite them having a giant flying ostrich for transportation I need to follow them around in my flying boat to protect them from monsters at the meteorites.

I have been to every one of these meteorites before and didn't see so much as a goblin, and it seems that mr godengineer and his mini-me show up all manner of death wants to eat them.   I tried to save the two of them from a group of 6 sentient floating explosives and died horribly since they hit me for over twice my hp and seem to revive eachother every time I kill one.  If there is some kind of special mechanic to this fight I don't know what it is.

Final Fantasy 5

(I did end up eventually beating the fight, thanks to spamming phoenix downs and killing them so many times they all ran out of MP to use their resurrect spell.  I doubt that was the intended method.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: October 17, 2015, 12:35:17 am »

Trying to sneak out of a foundry after accidentally getting spotted, having to cross a well-lit courtyard full of patrolling guards on high alert in the process.  I try to dash across to a nearby shadow while they're looking elsewhere, only to get spotted by one that I missed.  Behold, the amazing human pincushion; see how he holds an entire patrol's worth of crossbow bolts.  Oopsie.

Some kid and his grandpa was going around collecting adamantine out of some meteorites.  Despite them having a giant flying ostrich for transportation I need to follow them around in my flying boat to protect them from monsters at the meteorites.

I have been to every one of these meteorites before and didn't see so much as a goblin, and it seems that mr godengineer and his mini-me show up all manner of death wants to eat them.   I tried to save the two of them from a group of 6 sentient floating explosives and died horribly since they hit me for over twice my hp and seem to revive eachother every time I kill one.  If there is some kind of special mechanic to this fight I don't know what it is.

Final Fantasy 5

(I did end up eventually beating the fight, thanks to spamming phoenix downs and killing them so many times they all ran out of MP to use their resurrect spell.  I doubt that was the intended method.)
I know you already did it, but I think that if I recall that battle properly, the answer to the puzzle was to smack them all with area attacks.  If they all die at the same time, the triggered Arise shouldn't have any valid targets. ^_^

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: October 17, 2015, 01:00:44 am »

4 adventurers walk into a ruined catacomb complex.  3 of them arrived not but a week ago, and were eager to get their ears wet.  One of them had been inside the complex before, and knew what awaited them.  unholy horrors that wielded what's best described as pseudo-magic; taking up the axeblade where such tricks failed them.

One adventurer was a bounty hunter of some small fame, known for hunting down exclusively soldiers and other trained killers; failures of the state, he called them.  He excelled at close quarters combat, but kept a hook handy in case the occassional speedster got away from him.
  A second adventurer was a lawman, an ex-bounty hunter turned warden.  He took his 2 dogs with him everywhere, and when he heard the stories about walking bones he chuckled as he prepared his travel-plans.
  The third fresh adventurer was a jester; a bard with a perchant for stabbing hecklers.  Considered a criminal and outlaw by many, this man was good at both show and tell; talking and walking, as it were.
  The veteran that was to accompany them was a fath healer.  Not known for her powerful magic, she relied upon her trusty mace and holy touch to see her through any particularly tough fight.  Because of her past experiences, she developed a distrust of the place, but her money was in there, so she went.

Inside, the party is immediately ambushed by a group of skeletons.  The very first fucking move is a goblet of black viscous liquid to the face of the healer; a critical attack that sent her spiraling into an abusive rampage.  Charging foreward to smash with her mace, she is quickly ganged up upon and dispatched, leaving the recruits to fend for themselves.

Having rekilled the skeletons with otherwise minimal injury, the crew debated briefly whether or not to leave.  The deciding factor was their impending dismissal if they came back empty handed and the shining and gleaming of the goblet that skeleton had held in its hand.  They would press on.

Further in, a second ambush.  Concentrated covering fire took out the dogs of the warden, leaving him hopeless at the hands of armored skeletons.  The jester tried to save this man's life, but wound up only taking a wound.  The fight over, the surviving bounty hunter and jester decided that their objective was but one passageway away; and then they could leave.  Traveling down the hallway, they spot a trap on the floor.  The bounty hunter, being the most familiar with traps, tried to disarm it, only to have his arm loped off at the elbow.  Screaming and mowling, the bounty hunter died within minutes, leaving the jest with a masochistic laughter that echoed off the barren and broken walls into the closing darkness . . .

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15625 on: October 17, 2015, 03:28:40 am »

Brought along a LAW launcher for the stealth mission. It wasn't a serious attempt, but I figured that shooting down the HIND would make life much easier if I could pull it off. So my plan was to shoot a helicopter with an unguided rocket, aiming at a moving target, from the ground, at night, from distances of 500 meters or greater, all while trying to remain hidden from patrolling armor on the ground.

Needless to say, all I did was piss off the helicopter and got them chasing after us. While blindly running for my life, I stumbled right into a foot patrol and got shot to pieces.

ARMA:CWA aka OFP:CWC.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #15626 on: October 17, 2015, 06:03:39 am »

Can the CM be entombed in a Dreadnought? What are the implications of that? Can he still lead the chapter?
He do. Proably not going to lead a chapter (the successor would get annoyed as fuck) but would become some kind of "elder" who everyone asks about shit.
On the other hand, a lot of chapters have their own gimmicks, so I see no problem in Dreadnought Chapter Master.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Dazric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: October 17, 2015, 07:42:46 am »

He do. Proably not going to lead a chapter (the successor would get annoyed as fuck) but would become some kind of "elder" who everyone asks about shit.
On the other hand, a lot of chapters have their own gimmicks, so I see no problem in Dreadnought Chapter Master.

Well, the game's called Chapter /Master/, not Chapter Elder, so it's possible I "died" and was interred in the Dreadnought, and my successor took over.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: October 17, 2015, 09:26:33 am »

Dont they end up trying to keep the chapter masters in stasis for revival?  is being in a dreadnought like being in a Prtotoss Dragoon, as in irreversible (fenix still led his forces from a dragoon) or is not the neural rewiring I thought it was?

actually, I dont know anything about who branched off the chapters.  Were they just bossin' marines, or did they have their own contribuition to the gene pool?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: October 17, 2015, 11:11:52 am »

A dreadnought is basically armed, armored, and walking life support for a critically injured Marine. Considering how advanced Imperial medicine is (in some areas) and an individual Marine's ability to shrug off punishment, I'm guessing that yes, becoming a dreadnought is more or less permanent.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1575