Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372291 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15600 on: October 12, 2015, 06:58:58 pm »

I finally unlocked the helicopter missions!

My first death was because my gunner got ran over by a truck during a cutscene, which is instant mission failure. That was fun.

After reloading and making sure my gunner was safely out of the road, I completed all the objectives, eliminated the enemy, didn't take a scratch. The final objective is to land the helicopter at the base.

I got the helicopter close to it. I inched it closer until I landed directly on top of the waypoint. I tried the surrounding area for about three hundred meters in every direction, and it still wouldn't end the mission. Finally, I figure that it wants me to actually turn off the engine and get out of the helicopter.

MISSION FAILED - YOU DIDN'T OBEY YOUR ORDERS

ARMA:CWA.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 07:01:01 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: October 12, 2015, 07:20:54 pm »

Strange. I think I remember doing the exact same thing in OFP, but the mission was a success. Your gunner getting run over in a cutscene is hilarious, though.
Spoiler: Especially since (click to show/hide)

Most recent, eventual death was getting sneak-attacked by the damned French. Actually, I kicked their asses next turn. The problem is, the Golden Horde shows up on my doorstep the same turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: October 12, 2015, 07:47:15 pm »

I hate lost souls.  hate them, HATE!

Do far to much damage at my difficulty level, can hide anywhere, are silent except when you're about to lose 20 health, and can snipe you from across the map.  Multiple charges per burst and they block retreat with their burning faces.  And theyre suprisingly tough.

I love blasting lost souls with the shotgun as they charge at me. Feels good.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: October 12, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »

Strange. I think I remember doing the exact same thing in OFP, but the mission was a success.

My squadron leader (the only other helicopter) got shot down. That's never been a problem in infantry missions, though.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: October 12, 2015, 11:03:57 pm »

NO, NECRONS, NO!

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: October 12, 2015, 11:42:00 pm »

you rang?

the usurpers punished me for trying to be cute and build a rec center instead of a guard.  ogres beat green synthmetals

ACAX
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: October 13, 2015, 05:48:45 pm »

Spent a couple of hours building a torpedo ship, it worked brilliantly (better than I'd hoped) so I took it out for a test run...... and the torpedo launch mechanism exploded mid flight, which caused the torpedoes to bang around inside the ship until they exploded too and blew the whole thing into small bits.

Fortunately it was creative mode so I didn't lose any resources, and I wisely saved a blueprint before the test run, but unfortunately I don't think the ship will ever really work - they finally fixed landing gear, but pistons and rotors are still buggy and randomly explode while you're flying and there's really nothing you can do about it.

Space engineers.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: October 14, 2015, 01:01:45 am »

Let me tell you a bit about how tank combat works in ARMA, and OFP:CWC in particular.

Technically, you play as the tank commander and control the tank by giving orders to your crew. Orders are given via a neat little radio system that constructs phrases out of individual words, like "Nine oclock-unknown-MAN-two hundred!". So if you order the driver to move forward, your character will say "Forward" and the driver will move forward after that. NPCs will also use this system to inform you about their status and things they see, so you're pretty well appraised of your surroundings.

However, presumably so you can hear every order clearly, NPCs will never speak over eachother. This is convenient for infantry missions, where it's critical to hear the direction and distance of units. However, there's a consequence of this: if you give an order while commanding a vehicle, the crew won't act until your order comes up in the list of queued radio communications. If you're commanding multiple tanks, your NPC platoon will be constantly telling you about the damage their tanks have sustained, their ammunition levels, and any interesting rocks they notice on the ground... which mean your orders can be delayed by up to twenty seconds while your platoon chatters. This can be relieved by filling the driver's seat and using manual fire, eliminating the need to give some orders, but your gunner still has to aim the turret, which means you still need to give orders to him.

So, I died because my platoon wouldn't fucking shut up. My gunner was staring off into space while I was frantically right-clicking on a T80, desperately trying to bring the cannon to bear on the tank that ended up destroying me.

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: October 14, 2015, 04:43:49 am »

Pretty sure you can take the gunner's seat and give movement orders to the driver. This does not solve the "wait twenty seconds before order is confirmed" issue, but it does solve the "completely defenseless during those twenty seconds" issue.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: October 14, 2015, 12:05:52 pm »

I hate lost souls.  hate them, HATE!

Do far to much damage at my difficulty level, can hide anywhere, are silent except when you're about to lose 20 health, and can snipe you from across the map.  Multiple charges per burst and they block retreat with their burning faces.  And theyre suprisingly tough.

Spoiler: Wanna trade? (click to show/hide)

With my gaming computer going all poopy; I went back to a console and played Valkyrie Profile for a bit.

FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE FURRY ONE

I was stampeded on by a flock of hamsters.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:08:22 pm by Blaze »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: October 14, 2015, 06:24:44 pm »

Finn the human died because he was actually stabbing an axeman when he was supposed to be stabbing an archer.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: October 14, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

On a mission to disable AA weapons behind enemy lines. It's much similar to a previous mission when I scouted the location of those same guns, except this time there's a HIND on patrol.

For a long time the HIND circles above my squad and I, flying directly over us many times. However, it never fired on us, and I thought that maybe it really couldn't see us.

Then, while running away from a successful Shilka demolition, I hear "8 o'clock-HIND-one hundred!" and the chatter of a cannon. Then there is an explosion, and the smoke clears to reveal the game over screen.

ARMA/OFP again.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: October 14, 2015, 09:48:33 pm »

Fighting my way down a circular pit of unstable stone platforms.  Here at the bottom, the enemies are strange golden... golems?  With gold rebar wrapped around their heads.  They are not immune to punching though.

Went down a little too rapidly, ended up facing three of them on one platform.  One of them had the bright idea to toss a grenade on the middle of the platform.  It survived, but I was knocked off the edge.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: October 16, 2015, 11:14:55 am »

Was exploring a tunnel system to get some iron. Had yet to find a place to set up a base due to it being the first 30 minutes of the game, went outside to find it was night, so i quickly dug a quick 2x1 slot to cram my bed into and sleep.

Woke up in a wall and suffocated. GG, me. Next world.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: October 16, 2015, 11:41:19 am »

Dig it a 1x2x3  Give yourself room, dig for coal, stock up on dirt, etc.

I like to dig little bunkers for later, and light them so that I can see them in the dark.

For my own death, a attacking mindworm beat a fully healed, out of the box ogre 10 turns into game :face:

smax
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:43:39 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1575