Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371677 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15540 on: October 06, 2015, 07:37:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: October 06, 2015, 09:15:50 pm »

I know, I wasn't actually fighting him when he had it, as per my original post.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: October 06, 2015, 09:18:29 pm »

The turrets in Mothership Zeta sure do shoot fast. They're not TOO powerful, but my DR is usually ~17 and, coupled with that glitch that makes it impossible to target a turret in VATS makes them... Kinda formidable. And deadly.

Fallout 3
Black lives matter.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: October 07, 2015, 12:41:50 am »

So MGSV had some big update or something, I went in to check it out. Turns out it's just a few new items and some FOBstuff. I died a bit inside.

"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: October 07, 2015, 01:32:19 am »

So MGSV had some big update or something, I went in to check it out. Turns out it's just a few new items and some FOBstuff. I died a bit inside.

Well, some FOB stuff also means that players won't automatically alerted to your presence as long as you don't make the base go into alert mode.
So the sneaky approach is actually viable.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: October 07, 2015, 01:59:23 am »

Jumped into an instant-death river to dodge a rocket, with the intention to teleport out before I hit the water. Shot teleporter pad, it lands safely on bank. Pressed teleport bu... "Incoming Pass". Caught bomb, which happens automatically, and blocks use of weapons, including teleporter. Hit water.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: October 07, 2015, 05:03:14 pm »

Not really a total death, but a Spanish plane put a hole in the hull of my North Korean sub, so I sent a guy to fix it. Turns out North Korean sailors have no sense of self-preservation, and he drowned because the entire room was filled with water. And the room that flooded was the hall to the equipment storage, so I couldn't get him a breathing mask.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: October 07, 2015, 05:45:57 pm »

I have to congratulate your dying water elemental on giving orders even as he expired.
Playing a NationGen game and I have sacred giants who turn into water elementals when they die. EH here countered my "send buttload of nigh invincible units" strategy by murdering my commander-prophet with a slew of seeking arrows from the map screen. But the bastard didn't go down without fighting, as noted by EH himself :P

Dom4 nationgen
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: October 07, 2015, 08:57:39 pm »

Hungry massive spiders in a cave. Ate my soul. Ark SE is a fun game.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: October 07, 2015, 10:10:47 pm »

I dropped everything in my inventory that could be identified except the one thing I wanted identified.  Then I picked up my potions one at a time and drank them.

Or at least that was the plan.  First potion I drink: "I sink down through the floor!  It was a potion of descent."

Well shit.  There goes all my stuff.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: October 08, 2015, 01:38:19 am »

The helicopter in ARMA 2 is much twitchier and a hell of a lot faster than the choppers in Cold War Crisis, or at least it appears that way. I went flying past the training target at 200 miles per hour. I went into third person to see the orientation of my helicopter, which caused me to lose control and fall into the ocean.

ARMA 2. So far, I'm... not really liking it as much as Cold War Crisis, even though they're basically the same game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: October 08, 2015, 08:07:00 am »

Not really a total death, but a Spanish plane put a hole in the hull of my North Korean sub, so I sent a guy to fix it. Turns out North Korean sailors have no sense of self-preservation, and he drowned because the entire room was filled with water. And the room that flooded was the hall to the equipment storage, so I couldn't get him a breathing mask.

If you order someone to get equipment even if the storage room is flooded, and they can get to the storage locker in time, they won't drown as long as you get them the mask in time.
Black lives matter.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:27 am »

Immediate existence failure.

I was scouting around in my (quite expensive) mining ship that required me to dismantle all four starting ships as well as a few passersby to construct. While scouting, I ran into some derelicts. I didn't have the components on hand to join the derelicts to mine so I decided to deconstruct existing bits to do so.

I dismantled one bit of ceiling and died. My only guess is the derelict spawned with the properties of a Prince Rupert's Drop as I didn't see anything when I died.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: October 08, 2015, 10:44:22 am »

Got my ass kicked by lovey-dovey J-pop ("Make A Difference" by Lala Moore with... CoCoRo*Co.  That's what it says, I swear.)
This flipping song.  Long story short, it keeps setting up step patterns then switching to different ones...  And doesn't seem to be following the music very closely.  It's also pretty long, and I keep losing on the very last section where the steps go wild.
I also think I have to get every hold right, because it says that's the challenge.  Even though it doesn't boot me when I miss one...  Just when I run out of 4 lives (no energy bar for you!)

Also I was a bit too desperate to hit a step and lets just say I'm sitting down for a while.

Still it's kinda amazing.  All the rage and quasimasochism which made me waste hours and hours on N, They Bleed Pixels, and even that piece of crap Super Meat Boy (not to mention countless other crappy flash platformers) is pushing me to work out.  Just like the old days.  It's got that "one more try" thing down good.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: October 08, 2015, 12:16:40 pm »

My team walks two steps and goes prone... Two steps, prone... Two steps, prone... And while I'm just standing around at 4x regular game speed waiting for them to catch up, a grenade lands at my feet and blows me up.

ARMA 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1575