Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371545 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15510 on: October 01, 2015, 05:29:05 pm »

Took a girl out for a nice date. As I'm driving her to a place to eat, she leans out of the car window and starts shooting at some gang members with a TEC-9.

Her antics quickly got us surrounded by cops, rival gang members, and our car destroyed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15511 on: October 01, 2015, 10:27:58 pm »

I tried to do the new long jump to quickly get behind a guard on the ground. I missed and landed in front of him. By the time I had turned to face the right way so I could begin to fight him, I had already attracted two other guards and didn't feel like continuing.

Tenchu 2. The view distance is a little bit larger, but still abysmally short. And the levels are larger and more open, meaning more opportunities to get spotted by enemies that you yourself cannot see! Yaaaay.....
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15512 on: October 01, 2015, 11:00:35 pm »

I arrive at the capital city of the snakepeople, myself a snakeperson.  I am following a lead that a certain snakeperson, angry at the elves, basically opened a gate to the plane of fuck.

They promise to tell me more, but first I must defend the capital from the imperial humans who are invading.  They already have the coast, and they're pressing on the capital...

I agree, and pay some extra dosh to field an extra-large retinue in the fight.  I arrive and...  huh.  I'm in an empty square in the middle of the map.  Defensible, but there's nothing here.  Oh... building is allowed.  I didn't bring builders.

My hero (heroes can build, though barely) rushes to set up a base, but the Ssrathi builder units don't come from the initial building.  By the time I have an economy started, waves of imperials (and orcs, what the fuuuck?) have overrun me.
RIP snakepeople - oh except the campaign mode allows failures, and even updates the journal with specific messages which marginally explain the failures away!

The Ssrathi will rise again, yesss
(and did, in my next attempt.  The retinue fees were sunk, but the Mayan-expy snakepeople gave me a suitable reward)

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15513 on: October 01, 2015, 11:50:19 pm »

Assuming you didn't somehow save all the ammunition from the starting sequence (seriously, you get hundreds of handgun bullets on the way to the police station), there's only enough ammunition for one, maybe two trips around all the rooms on the first floor. After that you're kinda screwed, like I am, because I haven't found whatever item or switch I need to progress. WALKTHROUGH TIME!

Resident Evil 2. It's... actually much better than I remember, weirdly enough.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15514 on: October 02, 2015, 04:39:23 am »

Assuming you didn't somehow save all the ammunition from the starting sequence (seriously, you get hundreds of handgun bullets on the way to the police station), there's only enough ammunition for one, maybe two trips around all the rooms on the first floor. After that you're kinda screwed, like I am, because I haven't found whatever item or switch I need to progress. WALKTHROUGH TIME!

EDIT: Spent about an hour playing, building up my empire, expanding a lot. I go to save. Accidentally load, undoing EVERYTHING I just did.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:45:12 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15515 on: October 02, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »

EDIT: Spent about an hour playing, building up my empire, expanding a lot. I go to save. Accidentally load, undoing EVERYTHING I just did.

Yeah, there is an autosave.  In my largest and longest game I configured it to go every single turn.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:36:53 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15516 on: October 03, 2015, 01:35:39 am »

I saw my first Muskoid.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15517 on: October 03, 2015, 12:55:26 pm »

I was about ten seconds into the sewer section, not counting cutscenes. I climbed up a ladder and some flying insect things that I couldn't see killed me.

Resident Evil 2.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15518 on: October 03, 2015, 01:14:45 pm »

Fat Ma(e?)n weigh 30 units. Who knew?
...Not me, with my 160/180 carry weight... Stupid GNR Behemoth.
Fallout 3

Anecdote: The strength requirement for Big Guns (read: Fat Men) in Fallout: Wasteland Edition is bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:53:27 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15519 on: October 03, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »

Tried to rob a bank with a girl. Things go down south fast, and 3 minutes later we're speeding off on police motorcycles.

After dealing with most of the pursuit, two more police cars show up front. Catalina rams one, flips over about 15 feet in the air, lands upside-down, and apparently breaks her spine on impact.

Seriously, what the hell does it take to find a nice, not-bloodthirsty-bitch kind of girl in this town?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15520 on: October 03, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »

The rift was before me, disgorging wet, mewling things made of darkness.  There were too sigils, too, the... the circle, and the hook?  Maybe?
Having run out of ammo long ago, I smacked aside a strange insect and charged into the glowing light.  As I spoke the shapes, arcane energies healed my wounds...  But my mind ached.  And the light was still so bright.
Desperate, I shouted again into the bright darkness.  Again wrong.  The veil of sanity was leaving me.  I kept shouting, knowing only that I was doomed...
And the light and creatures were gone.  I giggled.  Had they ever been?  Had I ever been?  I moonwalked into the darkness, and my final rest.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15521 on: October 03, 2015, 10:14:58 pm »

Tried to rob a bank with a girl. Things go down south fast, and 3 minutes later we're speeding off on police motorcycles.

After dealing with most of the pursuit, two more police cars show up front. Catalina rams one, flips over about 15 feet in the air, lands upside-down, and apparently breaks her spine on impact.

Seriously, what the hell does it take to find a nice, not-bloodthirsty-bitch kind of girl in this town?

She's supposed to run a scripted animation there where she vaults off the bike to safety, and you're expected to kill the cops shooting at her, then find a car. If you've got the frame limiter off, that might be causing the issue.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15522 on: October 04, 2015, 06:47:26 am »

Nah, I think I ran her over with my bike. Um, accidentally.

Or rammed her bike, causing it to hit her. Also accidentally.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15523 on: October 04, 2015, 08:07:53 am »

Playing the [Extreme] Metallica Archaea mission. Played it a number of times with the sneaking suit before figuring out that I should be using the battle dress.

Results were immediate, surviving long enough to take down 3 of the 4 members of the Skulls Unit before being killed by the stupid exploding rock thing of the last one.

They also ruined my streak of getting S-ranks in the later missions :(

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15524 on: October 05, 2015, 02:40:03 am »

Sadly, my roguish dual-shield-wielding kickboxing warlock finally fell. While battling the 9th floor monster zoo, she got chased into a corner by poison gas clouds, which then filled the corner as monsters kept coming to trap her. She tried her best but perished :<
At least she's my second-highest score.

Dungeons of Dredmor.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1575