Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371562 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15465 on: September 22, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »

a lot of toribash is finding that great opening move that allows you to move flexibly and then having the skill/patience to move naturally and not go for the awkward movements.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: September 23, 2015, 11:10:39 am »

Decided to do some training on bosses, to flesh out their patterns as a minimally equipped character.

I beat most of them fine, but Im having more trouble with Deep Blues on their highest level.  When everything takes 2 hits to kill I cant seem to prevent 2 or more of te pawns from queening.

Crypt of the necrodancer.

pedit:  Oh hey, I did it 2x with a bomb, but I cant get it without.  Is a bomb actually required, as Aria?

ppedit:  it is possible.  Just not advisable.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:11:36 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: September 24, 2015, 12:32:51 am »

At first, it was just a hallway full of reanimated corpses with valuable medical supplies on the end.  But as it turns out, when try to rush your way through a hallway of walking corpses they start getting up behind you.  I plinked away with my colt .45, and used sinister magic I learned from a scroll to damage all of them whenever too many of them were up at once.  I was wearing heavy scrap armor, which was perhaps a mistake because while enemies always did 1 damage it didn't seem to reduce damage past that and it made my accuracy and evade even more shit than usual.  The eldritch magic and watching the corpses get up and move drove me more and more insane.

I should have left, I should have, and faced them in a safer environment.  But I really wanted those supplies, and I got a free heal from leveling up partway through the fight which lulled me into a false sense of security.

Another wave of undead came, tougher stock wielding rusty axes.  At low health, I finally got the message to get the hell out and started cutting a path the way I came.  Unfortunately the fight took its toll on my mind; the very turn I broke free of the mass my character fainted, causing one of the walking corpses to catch up to me and land a solid swing with their axe.  This brought me down to a single health point.  Then I was out; I hadn't explored much else of the level so maybe there was something I could use to survive or escape.  I found a few worm masses; slow and helpless enemies that die to any hit and deal only one damage, but with the ability to replicate themselves infinitely.  They were at acceptable levels so I ignored them and pressed on.

What I found was a dead end.  Not just a dead end, but a one tile tunnel that turned a corner and then simply ended.  I wanted to use my medical supplies to heal, or search for a hidden door, but I could hear the horde behind me.  I took stock of my inventory.  No dynamite, nothing I could use to tunnel.  A single molotov cocktail, but it would be suicide to use it in these close quarters.  A machete, a shotgun with no ammo, two seven shot clips for the colt.  A bunch of random crap that would do me no good.  I am obviously not going to survive this.  I start drinking my potions and reading the scrolls of arcane knowledge.  None of them seem to do anything, and I don't memorize any new spells.  I think my "potion of insight" will tell me if there's a room behind the hallway but it turns out to just identify things; one of the scrolls I read was of slow monsters.  Great.  A worm mass approaches, blocking any hope of healing or searching.  I don't dare kill it for fear that a walking corpse will round the corner and then instantly kill me.  I read my last unidentified scroll... and it summons a clear ooze.  Literally my least favorite enemy to fight in the entire game.  It has stealth and hides whenever it leaves your sight, and its really nasty in melee.  Its attack ignores armor as far as I know, not that I would survive it even considering that.

To summarize: there is an enemy that will die to anything and is still capable of one-shotting me if it manages to hit me.  Behind it and blocking it, is an enemy that will destroy me.  I cannot move.  Even if I kill both these enemies, there is a horde of self-reanimating undead bearing down on me.  And I have less than twenty shots left.

A miracle did not happen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Same game, I drank an unidentified potion.  It was a potion of frenzy.  I met a gas spore.  Gas spores explode.  If you try to move away from enemies while frenzied, you apparently move towards them instead.  RIP Calvin the rogue
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:32:21 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: September 24, 2015, 01:34:51 pm »

Found boots I had never seen before.

Said they could do long jump attacks.  And boy did they.  Utterly useless,  but comical to see myself jump 5 or so tiles in a bound.

crypt of the necrodancer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15469 on: September 24, 2015, 04:13:57 pm »

I biotic charged a Geth Destroyer. It was alone, shields stripped and had cover close. It had a door behind it, but my charge was so powerful it crashed above it, not far from me.
I shot my warp ammo claymore. I watched as most of the pellets managed to miss in a bout of extreme bad luck.
Then the geth landed on the floor, but before that, it stood upright. As soon as it touched ground it shot its flamethrower.
I got taken down to almost 0 hp when it suddenly stopped dealing damage. Then a random geth trooper must've hit me, because I died. The flamer was still burning me.

I have all upgrades and the heavy biotic charge refills my barrier. The flamethrower still managed to deplete me down to minimal health in about a second.

After dying three times to similar occasions of biotic charge randomly not hitting  I fired the Cain and then killed the few late spawners from afar. Had no more trouble in the mission (overlord).
Note: charging flamers is a bad idea, I know, but if my charge would work, they'd be flung across the room then knocked down for like 3 seconds.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: September 24, 2015, 10:02:19 pm »

Got punched by NegaBatman. We blew up.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15471 on: September 25, 2015, 05:05:03 pm »

...What.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: September 25, 2015, 06:00:21 pm »

I think its a joke.  Or at least the last time someone mentioned Batman Simulator, it was a joke.  Albeit a joke I really want to be real.

My death is... fairly self-explanatory:
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: September 25, 2015, 08:08:33 pm »

I just started traveling up to nipton and decided to travel off the road due to the game deciding to crash itself every time I get attacked by the vipers...

The game then decide to thrown a pack of DEATHCLAWS right at a lvl 8 character along side a pack of night stalkers...

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: September 25, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:34:06 pm by Blaze »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: September 25, 2015, 09:52:59 pm »

Well I was going to mention how cyborg assassins just spawnkilled me in System Shock 2 but now I just feel like I'm not putting enough effort into this! I don't remember either of them being terribly kawaii, but, y'know, imagination?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: September 26, 2015, 12:31:41 am »

I just started traveling up to nipton and decided to travel off the road due to the game deciding to crash itself every time I get attacked by the vipers...

The game then decide to thrown a pack of DEATHCLAWS right at a lvl 8 character along side a pack of night stalkers...

Think those Deathclaws are always there, if you were near the train tunnel by Ranger Station Charlie.
...The horror...
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:51 am »

I'm not quite sure what happened, but I feel amused.

I thought Doomrpg was a mobile game?
Certainly not that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: September 27, 2015, 04:05:11 pm »

Dear AtmaWeapon:

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: September 27, 2015, 04:19:14 pm »

Hey Blaze can I just say that I really dig that thing you do? I don't really understand it, but it's cool regardless.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 1575