Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373588 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15450 on: September 18, 2015, 04:46:34 am »

Guy hit me with a knife, after I shot him twice in the head with a shotgun.

Unturned. He died to a zombie shortly after.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15451 on: September 18, 2015, 09:15:11 am »

Ran head first into Uber Diablo in Lut Gholein sewers...
Spamming meteor wasn't enough to overcome both his resistances and regeneration... Buggrit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way, if you sell a Stone of Jordan to a merchant you can trigger the event on demand. It just takes 1 ring for the player to activate it. That way you don't need to wait for rng to sell enough rings passively.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: September 18, 2015, 01:38:25 pm »

Also I thought cheating would fix everything.
So did a lot of people on Ashley Madison.

HEYO

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: September 18, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »

10outta10.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: September 19, 2015, 02:45:35 pm »

I finally actually learned the meaning of Fun when I tried to settle in an evil biome and some evil ducks caused a zombie apocalypse.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: September 19, 2015, 09:00:59 pm »

I finally actually learned the meaning of Fun when I tried to settle in an evil biome and some evil ducks caused a zombie apocalypse.

Like my dwarves always say, it's not fun until the undead water buffalo corpse springs from ambush in the middle of the dining hall.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: September 19, 2015, 09:54:43 pm »

You can't spell Fun without F-U

In my own death, I finally got around to trying Final Doom w/BD.  It is a chore to complete, and not exactly fun.  I dont like the kind of hard it offers.  Get a weapon, kill an ambush.  Get a key, Suprise archviles for the sake of it.
bah

Brutal Doom
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: September 20, 2015, 04:02:12 am »

I think I've worked out the reentry issues with my rescue vessel.  The final stage was topheavy and had a tendency to run out of electricity.  A bunch of solar panels along the base fixed both problems, with a couple of extra parachutes for good measure.  I was landing on the final engine, and it was usually exploding (though not enough to hurt anything else... bad form though).

So I rescued another poor kerbin from orbit.  Reentry was tense...  I had barely enough fuel to collapse the orbit.  The pilot and rescued scientist were coming in extremely fast horizontally, and taking forever vertically.  Using the atmosphere to airbrake, excessively.  As usual, this involved getting a lot of heat as the air particles wizzed by at about 2 kilometers per second.  "High V gas which scoured our hull with a shriek like a banshee wail".  This time around we enough power to catch most of it with the bottom of the ship.  The engine was in no danger, it was designed to get far hotter, but it wouldn't protect the rest of the ship.  That's what the blast shield underneath was for.

But even with the shield facing dead "forward", components started lighting up with orange heat meters.  Then red.  I had to very carefully correct the heading as we continued to fly around the planet - in atmos.  Desperately I spent the last of the fuel, which barely made a dent in our speed.  But at least the fuel wouldn't explode in the tank, if that's a thing.  Our speed *was* dropping... steadily, and oh so slowly.  So was our electricity, because the sun was on the far side of the planet.  If we ran out of that, we'd tumble and shred almost immediately.

I wish I could say we had a reverse sunrise, but we were going east.  Which was a blessing.  As the sun leapt out of the horizon, the heat gauges finally started to drop.  We were still streaming a red comet-tail over the desert sands, but the thick cushion of the lower atmosphere had caught us.  We were still almost a kilometer above the ground when the parachute sensors pinged "safe!".  I released one manually just to be sure, then the rest.  That last 1000 meters took quite a while with three parachutes, but that was fine.  Clearly further modifications were necessary, but we were alive!  We hit the sand engine-first but it didn't crumple, a success for the parachutes.

I could have called the recovery team then.  I *should* have called the recovery team then.  But noooo, I just had to get a soil sample from the desert.  I climbed out of the inline command module and... slipped.
But our suits were quite sturdy.  I jotted down some notes on the area ("Hot sandy wasteland.  The most beautiful sight I have ever seen.") and put some sand in my pocket.  I looked back up at the ship.  Added: "Consider adding ladders in future".  I hopped, but couldn't quite reach.  I didn't *need* to reenter, but I wanted to know if I could...  I hopped again, and triggered my jetpack.  So close!  I activated my jetpack first, then leapt-

I skidded several meters along the sand before my helmet got embedded in my jetpack and my foot.  The jetpack exploded.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: September 20, 2015, 10:58:02 am »

A force of about 300 men, including two of my heirs, landed in Pommerania. My German allies also moved into support, despite being completely unnecessary. The locals surrender... to the freaking Germans. They get the province, because they had more troops there.

I move my army instead to Livonia. What was a originally a defense of 80 Lithuanian Horsemen and 100 Crossbowmen becomes double that. Even so, my Viking Landsmen trounce them, and push them back into their fort. As I'm sieging it, about 1000 Urban Militia spawn in the province, and wipe everyone out, and demand an over 3000 florin ransom(my treasury, by the way, is non-existent at this point) for my heirs.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: September 20, 2015, 01:10:42 pm »

I was under siege by zombies in my LMOE shelter base. They knew I was in there and were banging on the walls and door, attracting more zombies at the same time, but they couldn't get into the original concrete surface structure. I'd used heavy cables to electrify the place (there was a diesel engine shut in the bathroom) so there was light in the bunker, but I didn't have all that much in the way of defenses inside. I knew that they'd overwhelm me eventually, or I'd just run out of food, so I made what preparations I could cobble together and opened the door.

They started pouring down the stairs behind me as I ran to the first line of defense, a flamethrower emplacement launching all of the fuel from my generator at them. The bottleneck and the fact that the zombies are far too stupid to avoid the flames meant a lot of them died, but a feral hunter managed to leap through the flames, and without thinking I tried to fry it when it was one tile away. It was incinerated slightly before I was, at least.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 01:16:45 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: September 20, 2015, 01:18:08 pm »

As much as I'm pretty sure it's Cata:DDA:
METEOR SWARM
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

swagdaddy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15461 on: September 22, 2015, 01:00:57 am »

Got my head chomped by a beached mutant whale, survived with serious brain damage and bleeding, bled out while running to hospital and got my stuff stolen because I forgot to get a cocoon capsule. 10/10

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15462 on: September 22, 2015, 01:37:52 pm »

Entering my 'favourite' dungeon in the game, the Sandworm Lair. I start following the burrowers as usual, and find a nice, big area that looks like a safe room until the walls start caving in on me. Now being stuck between a caving-in tunnel and an enemy, I use Dream Walk to get into the monster-infested room.

Dream Walk promptly teleports me deep into a wall. As in, I'm stuck in a tile with no adjacent empty spaces, so I can't leave. Without line-of-sight, I can't even Dream Walk back out. I suffocate long before the Rod of Recall would have activated.  >:(

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: September 22, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »

I made a level which I plan to be somewhat difficult to do. I tested it while making the different parts and everything was doable. Once completed I send it on the Internet but before it can be send I need to do it from start to finish.

After a dozen of tries I've still not finished it. Seems that I made that level too hard for me...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: September 22, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »

It was my first time playing twinswords. I stuck both arms out and let the other guy spear himself on them and then let his body fly apart everywhere. Just before he loses, I lose an arm and it goes flying out of the square and lands in less than one turn.

Edit: I played some matches against some really good people (seventh dan black belt, for example), and although I died every time, it was really interesting to see how they basically moved like real people.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:40:16 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 1575