Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372132 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15420 on: September 15, 2015, 11:10:27 pm »

That... that's not even true?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: September 16, 2015, 05:27:50 am »

Decided to kill some monster that looked stronger than me. Not sure if it was an animal or a mobile plant. Barely killed it, with only a few hitpoints left. Then, upon death, it released a cloud of poison gas.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: September 16, 2015, 09:08:14 am »

That... that's not even true?

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: September 16, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

Well, my first six-man mission was a disaster. Mutons everywhere; grenade-tossing Mutons, at that! It didn't help that an unfortunate rocket from one of my heavies scorched all the cover outside the UFO. And I had neglected to reload my Assault's rifle before sending her into the UFO, so suddenly she was staring down the Mutons with not a whole lot to defend herself. From there, it was a clusterfuck until only two of my guymans made it back to the Skyranger.

Time to reload!

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I was kinda conflicted about reloading at first, until I remembered that savescumming was status quo in UFO Defense.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: September 16, 2015, 02:26:49 pm »

What difficulty? If you're on Classic, then you probably should lower the difficulty for a first run...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: September 16, 2015, 02:28:52 pm »

What difficulty? If you're on Classic, then you probably should lower the difficulty for a first run...
I'll have you know that I beat UFO Defense on BEGINNER, so I'm more than ready for I/I! :p
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: September 16, 2015, 02:32:43 pm »

I think I'm just on Normal. Besides, where's the fun in not getting everybody killed? :P
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: September 16, 2015, 02:38:46 pm »

XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I was kinda conflicted about reloading at first, until I remembered that savescumming was status quo in UFO Defense.

Speak for yourself. Savescumming is unnecessary when you're using the Zapp Brannigan style of command.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: September 16, 2015, 02:41:36 pm »

Speak for yourself. Savescumming is unnecessary when you're using the Zapp Brannigan style of command.

.... let your underlings do the hard work while you bang all the hot alien women?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: September 16, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »

My kind of commanding.
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: September 16, 2015, 03:25:56 pm »

Implying Zap Brannigan has banged any significant number of hot alien women.  I would describe that more as the Kirk style of commanding: always get the girl, always make sure you're standing behind someone more expendable than you are.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: September 16, 2015, 03:59:25 pm »

I prefer the style of command known as 'WINGIN' IT'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: September 16, 2015, 04:43:53 pm »

Playing 20 Questions with an AI chatbot seems bound for failure.

The first time, she said it was an animal that lays eggs. And it was a horse. Horses don't lay eggs.

I played a rematch. She said it was a mineral that doesn't appear in nature and can be found on the periodic table, is radioactive, and starts with an "a". It was concrete. Upon arguing that concrete isn't a mineral but is really a conglomerate of minerals, she replied "Well it certainly isn't an animal or vegetable. Have you not played 20 Questions before?"

I think I just got burned by an AI.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: September 16, 2015, 04:47:06 pm »

Time to fill that thing up with some dank memes.

EDIT: Why is it something so simple as an animu face can make a chatbot so weird?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:20:00 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: September 16, 2015, 05:24:25 pm »

She's ok. She occasionally goes off on tangents and seems really bad at recognizing context of questions in 20 questions, but she's understandable and more coherent than the last time I used cleverbot, years ago.

The thing is, Cleverbot isn't maintained by a real human being AFAIK and it's a lot less strict about what it "learns". Mitsuku's knowledge is curated and maintained by the developer, so there's a bit of a barrier. Sadly, no dank memes will be had (unless mousebreaker finds them funny).
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1575