Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372479 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15360 on: September 08, 2015, 03:51:14 am »

Scientists ran in front of a turret and got shot a bunch, meaning I couldn't turn in the quest.

Deus Ex: Invisible War. The opening sequence is definitely lackluster, compared to the original. It's hard to judge because of this FUCKING LOADING SCREEN BUG PIECE OF SHIT GAME BARELY EVEN WORKS 2003 ASS UNREAL ENGINE BULLSHIT

Ahem. I cannot give an objective opinion of the game because IT HARDLY FUCKING WORKS a Realtek sound driver prevents the game from loading correctly, unless I use the task manager to close the game and let it re-open itself, which is a huge hassle and takes you out of the experience. Because it comes as two executables... for some reason.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: September 08, 2015, 05:48:18 am »

Selected some completely random server, made a faction and claimed a planet as my homebase and built some stuff.

Apparently planets actually orbit, because when I logged in the next day it had orbited right next to a pirate base and I was being spawncamped. I had hid my undeathinator in a cave, but it didn't matter - the pirates couldn't damage the planet, but that didn't stop them from shooting through the walls (both natural cave walls and constructed walls) to kill me anyway.

I died a few times, and managed to make it into my build block where I was protected and was desperately trying to figure out how to build a turret of some sort without leaving the block, then the server did it's faction update tick and it turns out I'd died so many times I had negative faction points and I lost control of my planet.

The pirates proceeded to blast everything I'd spent a few hours building into craters so I just logged out in disgust (they probably would have killed the undeathinator through the walls eventually anyway)

Starmade, some random server.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: September 08, 2015, 05:52:51 am »

After seeing my very first gun camera, including a cutscene dedicated to explaining what it was, I forgot to check it's view range. Trying to move towards a door where the precious C4 card was, I decided to move two tiles forward/one left, instead of one left/two forward.

Turns out I really should have checked the gun camera's range.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15363 on: September 08, 2015, 12:23:08 pm »

I was proceeding nicely in the cultists' tower. Towards the end Terra learned Ultima, allowing her to curb-stomp everything. When I encountered the boss i thought "Well I can now dualcast Ultima. This should be easy."
Well, I was right. I did kill the boss. But when he died he unleashed a final spell (an Ultima, funnily enough) which killed everyone.
Should've used reraise.

Final Fantasy 6

Plenty of strategies for that one.

Spoiler: Did you try (click to show/hide)

I managed to beat the boss and started to descend the tower. On the second to last screen a random enemy successfully cast confuse. After I already ordered to cast Ultima.

Final Fantasy 6

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: September 08, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »

Get gud like Yahtzee https://youtu.be/xcQOKeSzu7w?t=4101
(To be fair, old version with high latency)

So I was fighting a boss, 4 crystals.  I'm not sure how or why they attacked the party, and I thought it was our job to save crystals, but okay I guess we're doing this now!
I had just figured out that, with level 3 spells, black magic had become rather powerful instead of utterly inferior to punching.  Also my Red Mage had just mastered the class and got dual-casting.  It was super effective!  Wide-area destruction on these stupid rocks.

Then suddenly the (rather harmless) rocks hit me with 2 earthquakes and a blizzard, all in a row.  Party went from practically full-health to wiped.  The fourth rock didn't even have to act.
PUZZLE BOSSESSSSSS!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:06:11 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: September 08, 2015, 02:49:14 pm »

I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO HELICOPTER.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15366 on: September 08, 2015, 04:49:56 pm »

Ugh. I can never fly Battlefield's helicopters. Heck, I've played Operation Flashpoint(CWC, Resistance, and Dragon Rising), flown the helicopters there. It's not hard. Battlefield? Have fun flipping over.

So I was fighting a boss, 4 crystals.

Spoiler: My strategy (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: September 08, 2015, 05:12:30 pm »

Ugh. I can never fly Battlefield's helicopters. Heck, I've played Operation Flashpoint(CWC, Resistance, and Dragon Rising), flown the helicopters there. It's not hard. Battlefield? Have fun flipping over.

So I was fighting a boss, 4 crystals.

Spoiler: My strategy (click to show/hide)
turning
with
right stick
makes me CRY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15368 on: September 08, 2015, 08:07:16 pm »

Turns out you don't bring a bazooka to a knife fight. Or rather, an inkzooka to a roller fight

Splaatatatatatatataatoon/kid squidding simulator
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15369 on: September 08, 2015, 08:07:40 pm »

After dying because a medic simply refused to heal me(my repeated orders to do so got me auto-muted), I decided to try to fly helicopter attack missions. As my Kiowa Warrior decided to tumble about for no reason, I accidentally hit the E key, jumping out. I managed to use my parachute, but when I tried to get into another helicopter, the game informed me I was the wrong class(despite the fact that I was the right class) to fly a helicopter. Cue ragequit.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15370 on: September 08, 2015, 11:54:02 pm »

Site.
Fucking.
RECOOOOOON!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: September 09, 2015, 02:09:03 am »

Decide I want to play Xenonauts, and furthermore decide I want to play on the highest difficulty with a squad that consists entirely of four pairs consisting of: one rocketeer maxed out on rockets, and one rifleman carrying a shotgun and additional rockets.  For some reason, this seemed like a reasonable idea.

To my credit, I won the first mission.  Technically.  Five people died; literally only one soldier survived being shot at and they caused the squad leader's death because I thought they were about to bleed out so I ordered her to run out of cover.  The final shot of the round was one soldier running up to open the fighter's door while another one fired a rocket straight inside.  The sectoid-a-like survived, naturally, but next turn he bleed or burned to death.

Honestly, I'd do it again, if it didn't destroy the alien corpses.  The idea that in the future humanity will fight by using rocket launchers as muskets has some appeal.  And the way the aliens just kind of pop is a weirdly satisfying catharsis after tensely trying to position troops that can't reaction fire.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: September 09, 2015, 06:10:07 am »

Site.
Fucking.
RECOOOOOON!
Squadsight is your friend. Preferably more than one sniper with it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15373 on: September 09, 2015, 06:44:19 am »

And Shotguns, preferably with close encounters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15374 on: September 09, 2015, 12:00:03 pm »

He'll pay for this...

MGSV TPP
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1575