Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372473 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15345 on: September 06, 2015, 01:50:17 am »

Playing L4D with a friend and two NPCs. We decide that it is best to take out the witch before turning on the generator, since accidentally startling her while fighting the horde would be a bad thing. I hop on the chaingun to hopefully take her out quickly, then he startles her from halfway across the map with the sniper rifle.

The instant she aggros him, a hunter pounces on my back. NPC!Louis decides that the best way to get the hunter off is to throw a molotov at me.

Left 4 Dead.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: September 06, 2015, 01:54:36 am »

Did they throw grenades in one?  They don't even try in two.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: September 06, 2015, 02:11:14 am »

I don't ever remember them throwing grenades in 1, either. Mods?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: September 06, 2015, 02:18:17 am »

You know what, this has inspired me to share a very old death.

So I'm playing with the L4D2 weirdos that just play No Mercy, the first level of the first L4D, over and over again.  We're playing on a fairly high difficulty and can't beat the rooftop finale.  One try, the situation is descending.  I'm badly wounded, not quite limping at minimum speed but still moving slowly.  We're defending a raised platform.  One guy gets a face full of jockey, he's pulled off the platform.  I jump off after him.  Meanwhile, someone who cannot see the situation except for our outlines decides to help, and what results is the worst molotov throw I have ever seen.

The jockey is dragging my buddy down a narrow "hallway", wall on one side, open air on the other.  He's got a good lead but I'm shooting after him.  The molotov lands right in between us, hitting no one. But suddenly the intervening space is filled with a sea of fire, I can't even see the jockey clearly.  Jockey rounds corner, there's no way I'm going to be able to cross the flames without being downed.  Never has a few feet felt so long as when I'm seriously considering limping through it while on fire.

"Why won't you guys HELP ME"
*_____ has disconnected*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: September 06, 2015, 02:59:34 am »

I don't ever remember them throwing grenades in 1, either. Mods?

Somebody threw a Molotov, or maybe there was a propane tank nearby. It couldn't have been the other real player, he was KO'd by the Witch.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: September 06, 2015, 04:28:18 am »

Decided to attack a landed UFO. Nighttime, but if I waited it would be gone. OK, it is a type I haven't seen yet. Turns air those are smugglers, and they have better nightvision, better weapons and stealth and are tough. Only 8 of the gals make out back to the Bonaventura. The saddest thing is that of the 9 that were down only one was dead, the others were all unconscious, most of them already stabilised.

OpenXCom XPiratez

Also, either my monitor or my graphics card just died tonight as well.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #15351 on: September 06, 2015, 04:42:05 am »

Not all of me, but epic-seeming enough I feel the need to describe it.

So XCOM, Long War. One of my soldiers gets critically hit and wounded. When they recover, I had unlocked MEC suits so figured they'd be the first MEC soldier (I like to only turn critically wounded soldiers into MECs in general for RP reasons).

Right after I finish them, before I have the gene mods I usually use for this mission, Newfoundland happens. Normally I get an Assault with a Shotgun and the gene mod to jump over things and just have them leg-it to the transponder and back. They can ignore obstacles and generally outrun the Chrysallids there and back. Laser Shotguns and Close Combat speciality are ideal. Didn't have any of those. Did, however, have a MEC trooper. Close enough.

So the MEC managed to leg it to the Whale, taking the occasional damage along the way but still alive (punting a Chrysallid along the way). Managed to just get to the transponder and activate it as the troops back at the Skyranger hold off Chrysallids, hoping. And then the MEC trooper is overwhelmed and killed, and the troops are forced to retreat without him.

He came back for one last mission, and sacrificed himself so that his comrades might survive. Most human of us all, the man in that machine.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:18:34 am by MorleyDev »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: September 06, 2015, 05:32:11 am »

Decided to attack a landed UFO. Nighttime, but if I waited it would be gone. OK, it is a type I haven't seen yet. Turns air those are smugglers, and they have better nightvision, better weapons and stealth and are tough. Only 8 of the gals make out back to the Bonaventura. The saddest thing is that of the 9 that were down only one was dead, the others were all unconscious, most of them already stabilised.

OpenXCom XPiratez

Also, either my monitor or my graphics card just died tonight as well.

8 out of 17 for XCOM is basically perfect.

100-50% survivors:  Are you sure they didn't just go to applebees and lie about the UFO?
50-25% survivors:  Great job, A+
25-2% survivors:  Pretty good, you're getting better
1% survivors:  Consider it advanced training for the one survivor.
No survivors:  In business this is called "downsizing"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:33:57 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: September 06, 2015, 06:25:32 am »

But, when you are downsizing you also loose your ship, and that would have been fatal.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: September 06, 2015, 07:15:37 am »

That airport battle @ mgsV on extreme just keeps murdering me...

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: September 06, 2015, 09:06:32 am »

I think I know which one you mean, and yeah. That mission just shouldn't exist.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: September 06, 2015, 12:00:49 pm »

The 24 Hours challenge. You have 24 hours on easymode and then uberhard zombies kick in and always know where you are. I know at the time that they would just find me, so I stockpiled food, drink, amusement, booze, pills, clothes and medical supplies. I didn't find any firearm or good weapons, and the best I got is a shovel. On the 13-hour mark I return home and sleep for 8 hours. An hour before the death mode starts, I eat to full and hide in the starter house that I covered the windows, and barricaded three doors in. I wait up, and hear a lot zombie noise outside. Then suddenly, I can hear the bastards whacking on my doors from my room on the second floor. Knowing it was the time to die, I eat a pack of painkiller pills, and gob down a package of calming medicine. I drink all my booze (2xbottle of white wine, a bottle of red wine, and 1/2 of a bottle of whiskey), make a molotov, open the door to my room, throw it, and die the deat hof a warrior. I caught on fire, and the twenty-ish zombies that came in were lit with my corpse. I killed 11 before dying, but I think those were mostly from before kill-mode happened. Then suddenly, my hous caught on fire. My corpse turned into ashes, and those monsters dying in the purifying flames were the best thing I watched in there. They tried to escape but to no avail. They almost all died, and my house was a wreck. My trusty shovel (and the rest of my inventory) was all that remained of my earthly possesions.

Project Zomboid
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: September 07, 2015, 12:48:53 am »

If it's the one
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
you can... just... run away. That's what I did.
Black lives matter.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: September 07, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »

I was proceeding nicely in the cultists' tower. Towards the end Terra learned Ultima, allowing her to curb-stomp everything. When I encountered the boss i thought "Well I can now dualcast Ultima. This should be easy."
Well, I was right. I did kill the boss. But when he died he unleashed a final spell (an Ultima, funnily enough) which killed everyone.
Should've used reraise.

Final Fantasy 6

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: September 07, 2015, 04:39:27 pm »

I was proceeding nicely in the cultists' tower. Towards the end Terra learned Ultima, allowing her to curb-stomp everything. When I encountered the boss i thought "Well I can now dualcast Ultima. This should be easy."
Well, I was right. I did kill the boss. But when he died he unleashed a final spell (an Ultima, funnily enough) which killed everyone.
Should've used reraise.

Final Fantasy 6

Plenty of strategies for that one.

Spoiler: Did you try (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1575