Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370084 times)

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15150 on: July 24, 2015, 01:41:52 am »

Got torpedoed in the back. "Friendly fire" they call that. I had sunk 4 enemies at that point of the game...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15151 on: July 24, 2015, 12:48:45 pm »

Died while farming nightmare to prepare for hell. I teleported into a mob of venom lords in the chaos sanctuary. Not the best of ideas. Couldn't get a chance to teleport out of it due to hitstun.

There goes another hardcore character.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15152 on: July 25, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »

Almost every enemy attack can be "countered" by bringing up the shield at the right time.  It requires good timing but it returns very strong damage, even against ranged enemies.

There's exactly one attack, a slow moving purple energy ball which homes in, which AFAIK just exists to punish people for countering.  It becomes much faster, at *least* 10X deadlier, and circles around to hit you from the back.  I think I've countered it twice in a row, but that's almost impossible since the character automatically faces the nearest enemy (not bullet).  I died from about 30% health, normally it takes off a smidgen.  Guess you're just supposed to run or tank them...

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15153 on: July 26, 2015, 02:56:11 am »

Almost every enemy attack can be "countered" by bringing up the shield at the right time.  It requires good timing but it returns very strong damage, even against ranged enemies.

There's exactly one attack, a slow moving purple energy ball which homes in, which AFAIK just exists to punish people for countering.  It becomes much faster, at *least* 10X deadlier, and circles around to hit you from the back.  I think I've countered it twice in a row, but that's almost impossible since the character automatically faces the nearest enemy (not bullet).  I died from about 30% health, normally it takes off a smidgen.  Guess you're just supposed to run or tank them...

I think you're supposed to just block that...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

« Reply #15154 on: July 26, 2015, 03:55:17 am »

I think you're supposed to just block that...
Nah, purple ball shots are pretty much impossible to block after the first time.

What you need to do is quickly destroy the turret, after the turret is destroyed, the ball will stop homing and just run off in a direction until it hits something.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15155 on: July 26, 2015, 05:55:09 am »

Really? I recall being able to block them just fine, although since I usually run Mortar and Hammer when playing with 10 shrines, I suppose I might have knocked the turrets down fast enough for them to not be a problem.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

« Reply #15156 on: July 26, 2015, 06:11:25 am »

Well I dunno, it's been a while since I played Bastion and I never did the shrine stuff, from what I remember, the balls tend to bounce and hit you in the back after being blocked.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15157 on: July 26, 2015, 09:40:43 am »

I know they don't go crazy deadly from regular blocking.  Not sure if they still hit you, but they certainly don't do alllll the damage.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15158 on: July 26, 2015, 10:34:34 am »

Carrying some highly unstable explosives - which explode(in your pocket) if you fall more than an inch or take a single hit, through a massive room full of clockwork, starting with a narrow bridge, godawful camera angles, and lizardmen breathing fire. I slip off the bridge. As I fall, I meant to hit the loadstate button, accidentally hit savestate.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15159 on: July 26, 2015, 06:19:56 pm »

This game is hard.

Like, really hard. This friggin' monkey thing just will not die and tore me to shreds several times.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15160 on: July 26, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »

The answer to all difficulty complaints in an RPG: Grind. Grind to hell and back. Even in Monster Hunter, just grind up for a crap ton of potions.

On topic, nobody died but I was pissed. Ironman/Classic. During the early game, I'd lost at least half the squad each mission, not used to the jump from Normal. Now I'm further in, using Plasma weapons just after the Mutons showed up and while sectoids are still common- I skipped lasers entirely, by the way- so I was confident. A pod of 2 mutons shows up, gets in cover. Then 6 sectoids show up. Sectoids are no problem whatsoever. The mutons, one is killed while the other is brought to 1 hp. Arc thrower... on a 90% shot, it missed. Chased it for a while, then accidentally killed it with overwatch.
Kept going, found the outsider, brought it to 1 hp... and then shouted in frustration as a second consecutive 90% arc thrower shot missed.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #15161 on: July 26, 2015, 07:06:21 pm »

Another day fighting the Vanu in Planetside 2. Pushing slowly down the eastern side of Indar, supporting the tanks and Sunderers when suddenly, on the southern horizon, I notice some Vanu aircraft.

No problem, I thought. We have decent anti air. We should... Wait a moment... WTF?

FIVE Galaxies?? With air support??

Cue the repeated dying to the Vanu zerg. Within half an hour, a couple hours of progress was lost.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15162 on: July 26, 2015, 07:34:38 pm »

After a rousing fight between Androids 17 and 18, Cell (Full Power) and I prevailed. But... What? WARNING? Warning of what--
Warning of a second Cell (Full Power), apparently. And of the two Androids reviving. With full health.
;-;
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
Black lives matter.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15163 on: July 26, 2015, 07:45:30 pm »

The WORST fight is the one against 17 and 18 where they go villain mode in the wasteland area after fighting 18 (with Vegeta ally) and 17 (with Piccolo ally). That fight is SO HARD. I'm level 84 and I still find it a pain in the ass, though I can beat it every time of course.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15164 on: July 26, 2015, 07:46:57 pm »

Another day fighting the Vanu in Planetside 2. Pushing slowly down the eastern side of Indar, supporting the tanks and Sunderers when suddenly, on the southern horizon, I notice some Vanu aircraft.

No problem, I thought. We have decent anti air. We should... Wait a moment... WTF?

FIVE Galaxies?? With air support??

Cue the repeated dying to the Vanu zerg. Within half an hour, a couple hours of progress was lost.
My brother (Vanu) is always doing "gal drops".  The outfit loads into a Galaxy as heavies, airdrops on armor, fires once or twice and redeploys/dies back into the galaxy ASAP.
I dunno if I'd call it zerging since they generally survive to redeploy, leaving tank husks in their wake...  They play a LOT though.  I found it amusing and a bit interesting, but not really fun.

Oh hey, a werecreature!  Antelope I think.  This'll be a laugh, they always turn back after a couple of ticks.
...  Dammit there goes one of my founder-lords.  RIP 'Fishcatcher' Desormeng, lord of the first level (surface).
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 1009 1010 [1011] 1012 1013 ... 1574